Concerns raised as Health Ministry appears to ignore WHO warning on mixing vaccines

Thaiger

The public is questioning the Thai government’s proposal to combine Covid-19 vaccines from different manufacturers despite a warning from the World Health Organisation. The WHO’s chief scientist, Soumya Swaminathan, has warned against the practice, saying there is not enough information on the potential risks. However, the Pattaya News reports that Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee has just approved the proposal to provide a booster dose of AstraZeneca to healthcare workers who’ve received 2 doses of Sinovac. In addition, people who have only received 1 dose of Sinovac will receive AstraZeneca as their second dose. This represents a significant deviation from […]

The post Concerns raised as Health Ministry appears to ignore WHO warning on mixing vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Are we surprised! This country has a shedload of Chinese junk paid for & delivered so it has to find a way of using it up quickly. What better than to use the population as lab rats and get the silver haired apologist to pose as an expert when he actually has no peer reviewed evidence. I only hope that those medics who are fully vaccinated with Sinovac refuse to be used for experimental purposes. This is no time to be resorting to alchemy.

• Like 6

I hope the apparent ignoring of the WHO advice as has been pointed out in that article will not put fear or panic into the general population as that now appears to be against the law so the PM and his health ministry may have to prosecute themselves 555

Who is the retard at the WHO for approving Sinovac for emergency use?? At the time of the application it was only 1% more than the effective threshold at 51%. 

And how much did it cost to approve it? Let’s not forget that it was the WHO, based on Chinese data, that human transmissibility was considered impossible until January, nearly 2 months of the outbreak in China. 

• Like 4

of cause they know better, who cares what those dirty farang from WHO say, what do they know about Thailand. it worked well so far:

1045643995_WhatsAppImage2021-07-14at10_27_28.thumb.jpeg.a335e731a6e65f91a0fb918d31c5c066.jpeg

Edited by AlexPTY
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gummy said:

I hope the apparent ignoring of the WHO advice as has been pointed out in that article will not put fear or panic into the general population as that now appears to be against the law so the PM and his health ministry may have to prosecute themselves 555

Also their fake news about the roll out of Astra in June. Where are the 20 milions doses plus the millions doses to supply Asia as a hub for whole Asia?  By all their fake anouncements and lies they have to lock them self! Reality is they need donations of Vaccines and donation of Astra (Japan) the big vaccine and medical hub Thailand. The hospitals asking for donations  the public for essential things to operate . They should starting do their job and take responsibility for this mess they create, instead of hunting critics, because everybody can see anyway the big mess they made. And start now to order quality vaccines! Just look at the neighbouring country Laos everybody get vaccines never mind if foreigner or Lao. My collegues working there got already their 2 shots the astra may already, moderna and pfizer a bit later. Laos is in the covax program and have a variety of vaccines which got the approvals by the WHO (In the beginning without the Chinese vaccine because they failed long time with approval). Start look at the neighbouring countries and see the difference and realize Thailand is the last and worst in vaccine management in south east asia!

• Like 2

I wonder why Thailand has a lot of prominent <whatever> on COVID-19, but they are nearly unheard of globally... 

On the other side, WHO has lost its face with the poor management of the first stage of the pandemic, its paternalistic advice sounds quite dodgy now.

Let'em study the mix on clinical trials and then check the results.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Also their fake news about the roll out of Astra in June. Where are the 20 milions doses plus the millions doses to supply Asia as a hub for whole Asia?  By all their fake anouncements and lies they have to lock them self! Reality is they need donations of Vaccines and donation of Astra (Japan) the big vaccine and medical hub Thailand. The hospitals asking for donations  the public for essential things to operate . They should starting do their job and take responsibility for this mess they create, instead of hunting critics, because everybody can see anyway the big mess they made. And start now to order quality vaccines! Just look at the neighbouring country Laos everybody get vaccines never mind if foreigner or Lao. My collegues working there got already their 2 shots the astra may already, moderna and pfizer a bit later. Laos is in the covax program and have a variety of vaccines which got the approvals by the WHO (In the beginning without the Chinese vaccine because they failed long time with approval). Start look at the neighbouring countries and see the difference and realize Thailand is the last and worst in vaccine management in south east asia!

IMG-20210606-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210606-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210606-WA0001.jpg

36 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Would you mix whisky and wine in the same glass .. 

In my hometown, beer and wine mix is called "the slap"

Besides, try coffee and sparkling wine, it's a blast.

Edited by uanmak

25 minutes ago, uanmak said:

In my hometown, beer and wine mix is called "the slap"

Besides, try coffee and sparkling wine, it's a blast.

Don't tell that a French, Italian, Spanish or a south German that they mix beer and wine in your country, because this is a no go there and means they have no culture in good food and wine.

WHO lost all credibility when it appointed Tedros and his useless flunkies. They used to be an organisation worth their weight in salt. It took until February 2020 before Tedros would actually use the word 'PANDEMIC' publicly. Until then all he would say is 'We have a possible emergency looming'. By that time 23 Countries had positive incidents of Covid-19. He also had 3 separate meetings with President XI between December 2019 and February 2020. 

The man is as effective as a chocolate teapot.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Don't tell that a French, Italian, Spanish or a south German that they mix beer and wine in your country, because this is a no go there and means they have no culture in good food and wine.

I am Italian, indeed. These are just easy things.

1 hour ago, uanmak said:

I am Italian, indeed. These are just easy things.

I have relatives in Toscany Florence and it would be for them unbelievable, or you an Italian from Australia, USA or abroad?

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

I have relatives in Toscany Florence and it would be for them unbelievable, or you an Italian from Australia, USA or abroad?

That's comprehensible, in Tuscany they don't know. I am from Veneto, we are all alcoholic by birth....

• Haha 1

I don´t believe that anybody will mix beer and wine in one glass in Germany,

but they mix AZ and mRNA vaccines,
but here is no Chinese vaccine yet,
but mixing Sinovac may be okay for other countries,
they have to research by themselves and not by WHO