First night of curfew: 299 arrested

Thaiger

From last night to this morning, police arrested 299 people across 10 provinces. The suspects were allegedly not adhering to the new curfew, says police spokesperson Yingyot Thepjamnong. The breakdown of arrested is as follows: 57 arrested in Bangkok 187 arrested throughout: Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, and Pathum Thani 7 arrested in Nakhon Pathom and Samut Sakhon 48 arrested in Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat Police officers are instructed to enforce Covid preventive measures stringently. Inhabitants are asked to cooperate with said measures. However, anyone who sees “wrongdoing” can feel free to contact police at their hotline 191 and 1599 At […]

The post First night of curfew: 299 arrested appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The new restrictions, which do not amount to a lockdown, commenced yesterday in the hope of beating back the tide of Covid infections."

LOL.

Pure doublespeak!

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

From last night to this morning, police arrested 299 people across 10 provinces

Which are the ten provinces which have a curfew, and what time is it active?

A curfew will be imposed between 9pm and 4am in these ten provinces:

Bangkok and its nearby provinces of Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon, as well as those in Narathiwas, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala in the far south 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

A curfew will be imposed between 9pm and 4am in these ten provinces:

Bangkok and its nearby provinces of Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon, as well as those in Narathiwas, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala in the far south 

Thanks Andrew.
We're in Udon, and although there's a Covid outbreak here, I'm not sure which shade of red or orange we are and whether the curfew affected us.
I am now better informed and see it doesn't affect us. Not that I go out at night, but I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to grass up some spotty kids on bikes, would I?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Thanks Andrew.
We're in Udon, and although there's a Covid outbreak here, I'm not sure which shade of red or orange we are and whether the curfew affected us.
I am now better informed and see it doesn't affect us. Not that I go out at night, but I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to grass up some spotty kids on bikes, would I?

UD is right up there  now ! Before the construction sites in Bangkok  closed its flood gates , warning of a lock downs,the day figures for UD was less then 10 per day !

https://scontent.fbkk5-6.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/218094558_10158138079287050_367359345247550889_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=vxO8jm8mp5EAX-v-hmC&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-6.fna&oh=173e2bdc3eab5d3bb7af43531e9942b1&oe=60F2D4DE

https://scontent.fbkk5-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/214550156_10158131235272050_636589091308873654_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_ojTiJADhIUAX8yXN69&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-4.fna&oh=73c5d7b9bee8b470e38bcad203bd3d86&oe=60F1B64A

• Thanks 1

Did they arrest them and then put them in covid flooded over crowded jails? Because that would really demonstrate the primary concern of public safety, and power and control not having anything to do with anything. 

Today is 16 July and I have noticed the construction sites in Bangkok That were suppose to be closed for 30 days have suddenly become very active over the last two days. Last night 15 July a construction site near my home on Sukhumvit Soi 15 had several deliveries of concrete at 8:30 pm - there is a curfew of 9pm throughout Bangkok. How is this allowed? Why can construction sites be back open and how can work be done after the 9pm curfew?