2 Bangkok hospitals allowing foreigners to register for Covid-19 vaccination

Thaiger

34 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I registered at Phyathai. I have an appointment next week. I didn't pay anything.

But I heard they have only 100 a day. And probably thousands and thousands are trying to get it.

You could probably sell your slot...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dimitri said:

I registered at Phyathai. I have an appointment next week. I didn't pay anything.

But I heard they have only 100 a day. And probably thousands and thousands are trying to get it.

I also managed to register at Phayathai on the third day of trying. For the last two days the quota had been filled minutes after the webpage opened. Don’t give up!!!?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I've tried to register everyday and been unsuccessful each time. The lack of opportunity to register and vaccinate as a foreigner is frustrating and the ongoing continual changes to registration and available vaccine locations makes this farcical.

The system worked for me this morning. Don’t give up! I still consider myself fortunate to have been in Thailand for the pandemic. If I had been in UK I would have been much more likely to get infected with people refusing to wear masks etc. 

9 hours ago, Stevejm said:

The system worked for me this morning. Don’t give up! I still consider myself fortunate to have been in Thailand for the pandemic. If I had been in UK I would have been much more likely to get infected with people refusing to wear masks etc. 

Cheers, I was in the UK for 3 months last year and I was definitely in the minority when I was wearing my mask. I blame the authorities for earlier mixed messaging from the WHO about mask benefits for the reluctance. Also many people genuinely don't seem concerned about the potential risks. I was just recovering from double pneumonia which I picked up in March last year when I took to mask wearing, mainly because i felt that my immunity was lower because of the illness.

10 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Meanwhile there are dozens of Thai influencers flying into the US to receive a FREE Covid vaccine!

I thought they called themselves members of the RTA all 109 of them

Edited by gummy

It is a shame that some countries segregate their populations for differing treatment during a global crisis.   It comes across as pathetic.  In Thailand's case it is seemingly more pitiful as at the same time the are making it difficult for foreigners to receive aid they are asking other foreigners to come and spend money to help them out with their COVID decimated economy.

It would seem obvious that if they got EVERYBODY vaccinated QUICKLY the lack of tourism, and poor economy, would self-correct.  They can either fix the problem or keep coming up with new schemes that last a week or two before failure.  In the end there is only one path that helps the people of Thailand as a whole - hint: it isn't little pockets of tourism that are hundreds of kilometers away from most people and that are host to only a few hundred people. 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Stonker said:

The nearest to you was Lanna Hospital in Chiang Mai.  Fully booked.

Man I got email back from Bangkok hospital, they are clueless or they will ever get a vaccine so they docnot want to register anyone yet, and they want you pay upfront