World Health Organisation warns against “dangerous trend” of mixing Covid vaccines

Thaiger

A chief scientist at the World Health Organisation has warned against an emerging practice of mixing Covid-19 vaccines. Speaking during an online briefing, Soumya Swaminathan described the practice of combing vaccines from different manufacturers as a, “dangerous trend”. She says a lack of safety data means countries should refrain from random decision-making on vaccine boosters and combinations. “It’s a little bit of a dangerous trend here. We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match. It will be a chaotic situation in countries if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a […]

The post World Health Organisation warns against “dangerous trend” of mixing Covid vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A chief scientist at the World Health Organisation has warned against an emerging practice of mixing Covid-19 vaccines. Speaking during an online briefing, Soumya Swaminathan described the practice of combing vaccines from different manufacturers as a, “dangerous trend”. She says a lack of safety data means countries should refrain from random decision-making on vaccine boosters and combinations. “It’s a little bit of a dangerous trend here. We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match. It will be a chaotic situation in countries if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a […]

The post World Health Organisation warns against “dangerous trend” of mixing Covid vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well seems like a new take of what a drug cocktail could be. 

Soumya Swaminathan, chief scientist at the World Health Organisation has warned against an emerging practice of mixing Covid-19 vaccines.

Although I agree that the reckless practice of mixing them, makes the killer-jabs even more dangerous, that lady currently has other worries...   The Indian (Juridicial) Bar Association has initiated proceedings and she might face the death-penalty for lying and manipulating data that led to ivermectin not being used/allowed in some Indian states and resulting in thousands of needless deaths.

WHO scientist charged.jpg

Darn this WHO, every time Thailand finds a perfect solution, they just snap the cord. I just wonder what they think about "sandboxes"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder who is putting pressure on the WHO. Hmmmm. But odd as Soumya Swaminathan is Indian and surely has nothing to benefit but having people stay the course on what they jabbed even if it is below standards.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

“It’s a little bit of a dangerous trend here"

A serious subject, but it's still sadly an oxymoron - 'little bit' and 'dangerous'

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A chief scientist at the World Health Organisation has warned against an emerging practice of mixing Covid-19 vaccines

I almost can see it now, our illustrious leader paraphrasing Thaksin: "The WHO is not my father."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Darn this WHO, every time Thailand finds a perfect solution, they just snap the cord. I just wonder what they think about "sandboxes"

They're for kids?

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I wonder who is putting pressure on the WHO. Hmmmm. But odd as Soumya Swaminathan is Indian and surely has nothing to benefit but having people stay the course on what they jabbed even if it is below standards.

Could be embarrassing here. Our 'elf minister A-nut-in here now has a position within WHO.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-health-minister-accepts-chairman-role-with-who-regional-committee 

4 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Could be embarrassing here. Our 'elf minister A-nut-in here now has a position within WHO.

Who .?

has blagged a place on that now has he .. like a snake in the toilet bowl is Anutin .. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Who .?

has blagged a place on that now has he .. like a snake in the toilet bowl is Anutin .. 

So either he'll bite you in the asre, or more likely, a lot of people will want to dump on him.

• Haha 2

German vaccine agency gave advice after 1st jab of AZ next jab should by mRNA vaccine, but people can choose, this is regular since about 10 days

WHO may be concerned about mRNA vaccine is running much shorter for poor countries

Edited by satpete
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-health-minister-accepts-chairman-role-with-who-regional-committee 

Oh Boy. Should fit in really well. I have a couple Thai friends who work domestically here, or used to as least up to a year ago last time I checked.

37 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Our 'elf minister A-nut

BTW. Speak for your self. hahahaha. Not mine nor my family.

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:
48 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Our 'elf minister A-nut

BTW. Speak for your self. hahahaha. Not mine nor my family.

Slightly confused about your comment HCM? Not you nor your family - like, dislike him or just don't think he's an elf or a nut?

Btw, I thought it was Brazil where the nuts come from?

48 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Slightly confused about your comment HCM? Not you nor your family - like, dislike him or just don't think he's an elf or a nut?

Not his nice cute pet name A-nut, but slang of Lugnut might be way more appropriate. Not an elf as too cute, but it was replying to your usage of Our for Lugnut. 

• Thanks 1

What she actually said could be a dangerous trend was "if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a third and a fourth dose."

If.  IF. 

That's very different to what's actually happening, which is people being given a choice,  subject to expert medical advice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:
3 hours ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Not his nice cute pet name A-nut, but slang of Lugnut might be way more appropriate. Not an elf as too cute, but it was replying to your usage of Our for Lugnut

Okey kokey, thanks. I follow you now (at last).
I tend you go for sarcasm, as from experience in a previous posting life, I found the locals struggled with the concept.
Keep the references obscure and usually there's less comeback.

As a test of obscureness, if I were to mention Mr Rumbold, I wonder how many might understand it?
For goodness sake don't reply with a clear answer!

8 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

The WHO is held hostage by the bad guys ! Remember they said way back, that countries shouldn't close their borders  to foreigners traveling from  china !

1 hour ago, riclag said:

The WHO is held hostage by the bad guys ! Remember they said way back, that countries shouldn't close their borders  to foreigners traveling from  china !

What Dr Who ?  the TARDIS can travel anywhere, closed borders no problem

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

This  is how I'm always lucky- sideways.  In Phuket but unable to get a CrapOVac shot from a TM-30 SNAFU, likely  would have been forced an second dose AZ, which I  already had misgivings about 

Give me Novavax, please. 

11 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Soumya Swaminathan, chief scientist at the World Health Organisation has warned against an emerging practice of mixing Covid-19 vaccines.

Although I agree that the reckless practice of mixing them, makes the killer-jabs even more dangerous, that lady currently has other worries...   The Indian (Juridicial) Bar Association has initiated proceedings and she might face the death-penalty for lying and manipulating data that led to ivermectin not being used/allowed in some Indian states and resulting in thousands of needless deaths.

WHO scientist charged.jpg

Oh, huh, can't imagine why she'd do that.

Fingers crossed that they follow through. 

• Like 1

Countries follow WHO rules and regulations but not following their advices. Even WHO Approved Vaccines are not yet approved in some countries. Will not allow to enter. It's 0.5 ml (a dose) fighting and Geo Politics.