The 8 best washing machines of 2021

Thaiger

Investing in the best washing machine you can afford is probably one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. It will help you tackle your chores quickly and pamper your clothes so they can last for years to come. A great washing machine will not only fade stains but also effectively rinse out the detergent without damaging the fabric. They will also use as little electricity and water as possible, and shouldn’t disturb your life with annoying noises. On top of that, washing machines should help keep germs, viruses, and bacteria away, especially in this Covid-19 pandemic. For an appliance […]

The post The 8 best washing machines of 2021 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I bought thee LG T25 about a year ago and it works very well for a cold wash machine.

Coming from  the UK  where front loading and hot wash machines are the norm I have to say that I'm still not convinced cold wash does the same cleaning job as hot. You can wash bedding at the recommended high temperatures for a start .

I went with the cold wash as the hot wash machines are crazy expensive out here but not sure why that is. Anyway the 16kg LG model is pretty good if your looking for a machine. 

Bernie Eccleston always claimed his wife belongs in the kitchen looking after the washing machine, I wonder did they ask her for her opinion as to the best washer ?

I'm still not convinced that a washing machine is the best investment in a place where extremely economical laundry services abound.

5 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I'm still not convinced that a washing machine is the best investment in a place where extremely economical laundry services abound.

I am because as one load is washing the lady can then be doing the ironing. Then once all that is done it allows more time to clean the floors  etc.  Don't forget even after all that is done she still has to then go out selling noodles to all hours so that her husband can enjoy his beer and whiskey. A washing machine is an absolutely necessity for her

We have Samsung 16kg wobble digial inverter one that is top loader. Very quiet and if you don't load it to the gills like the Mrs. does it cleans rather well. Need to have room and extra water to clean properly. Any wash machine will not clean if your armpits stink too much or have a food spill  on them. You need to pretreat and soak then wash after.

I hate those cheap buy double cavity ones. I have neighbors on each side of me who have one, one neighbor are a bunch of Doi (Mountian) illiterates who have a big family in a best 4 people small cramped home. The thing is that these machines make and have a noise to them that vibrates through air and cement, sort of like an electrical sound of burrrrrrrrrr, burrrrrrrrrrr, burrrrrrrrr that is ongoing in intervals until done. I had to put my foot down and tell them only after 8am or they know they would never not hear my mouth and wrath. Yes, this sound is that bad. the other neighbors know better not to start their cheap beast up before 8am already

The best appliances including air conditioners here are Elextrolux hands down.

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

We have Samsung 16kg wobble digial inverter one that is top loader. Very quiet and if you don't load it to the gills like the Mrs. does it cleans rather well. Need to have room and extra water to clean properly. Any wash machine will not clean if your armpits stink too much or have a food spill  on them. You need to pretreat and soak then wash after.

We've got the same model and size. ideal for bedding.  Quiet and efficient, wife loves it.

Our 9 year old LG 11kg top loader is still going strong, now in a rental house.  Can't beat Samsung or LG top loaders,  Service and spares readily available too.

Front loaders I dont like, had one expensive F&P model in Aus and a Samsung which jumped all around the laundry on spin cycle until power cord ripped out.  Same model was recalled due to catching fire, wish ours had!

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I hate those cheap buy double cavity ones. I have neighbors on each side of me who have one, one neighbor are a bunch of Doi (Mountian) illiterates who have a big family in a best 4 people small cramped home. The thing is that these machines make and have a noise to them that vibrates through air and cement, sort of like an electrical sound of burrrrrrrrrr, burrrrrrrrrrr, burrrrrrrrr that is ongoing in intervals until done. I had to put my foot down and tell them only after 8am or they know they would never not hear my mouth and wrath. Yes, this sound is that bad. the other neighbors know better not to start their cheap beast up before 8am already

haha, I'm the same.  Maybe you live near us?  I can hear one twin-tub from the next mooban, 6 houses away, on a still morning.

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

I am because as one load is washing the lady can then be doing the ironing. Then once all that is done it allows more time to clean the floors  etc.  Don't forget even after all that is done she still has to then go out selling noodles to all hours so that her husband can enjoy his beer and whiskey. A washing machine is an absolutely necessity for her

Reminds me of the saying: A woman's place is in the home. A man's place is in the wrong.
I take it your lady doesn't post on here, or is she just too busy?

How come I get time, in-between doing the clothes washing and washing the dishes?
I'm so pleased my wife bought an Hitachi washing machine. I can press those buttons like nobody's business.

5 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

We've got the same model and size. ideal for bedding.  Quiet and efficient, wife loves it.

You mean you sleep in it?
If it was me, I'm sure I'd be throwing up when it got to the spin cycle.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Our 9 year old LG 11kg top loader is still going strong, now in a rental house.  Can't beat Samsung or LG top loaders,  Service and spares readily available too.

Front loaders I dont like, had one expensive F&P model in Aus and a Samsung which jumped all around the laundry on spin cycle until power cord ripped out.  Same model was recalled due to catching fire, wish ours had!

Yeah ours has a few years on it as well and is running like a champ. Have to agree is great for bedding as well, and for us we have a 4 person family now as slimmed down a bit, but is perfect. Our house is one the a large one with an addition so we could no problem comfortably have 6 living here.. I think cost was even then at 20 -25k baht, but well worth it. 

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

haha, I'm the same.  Maybe you live near us?  I can hear one twin-tub from the next mooban, 6 houses away, on a still morning.

Glad to know that you understand these machines and people who buy them. If used and not controlled, this is every bit of torture as a rooster can be.

Not long got another Toshiba after the old one lasted 15 years with daily use. But was after a top loading hot one and I read that LG did one but could never find such a model here. Asked about it in Big C and the salesman said all of them can wash hot, you just heat the water up and pour it in!!

When in Chiang Mai I ran an extra long hose from the machine to the hot water shower tap inside - the washer was outside and connect to cold water only.  One wash and the wife realised how good clothes clean when they are washed in hot water.  We rented so I could not make it permanent - but definitely something we will do again - I might even buy a water heater and put it close to the washer next time.  

Overall, I would have to say that the best washing machines I have had are LG top loaders - never had a bad one - solid quiet and reliable. 

• Like 1