Film & TV Recommendations

Bluesofa

23 hours ago, Bob20 said:

A Perfect Day (2015)  1hr 46mins.
It was a more unusual film I suppose with regards to the plot of aid workers in a conflict zone.
The listing as a 'comedy war drama' was true, although an odd combination. A Spanish production in English.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

A Perfect Day (2015)  1hr 46mins.
It was a more unusual film I suppose with regards to the plot of aid workers in a conflict zone.
The listing as a 'comedy war drama' was true, although an odd combination. A Spanish production in English.

Did you enjoy it?

This one is good too:

The God Comittee

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6852526/

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, Bluesofa said:

Expedition X:  Thailand's UFO Cult (E03)  41 minutes   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15377596/?ref_=ttep_ep3    

The Khao Kala Cult

It was started by a former Thai military officer (a sergeant major in the army) who has died. His daughter runs it. Same idea as a North Korean dynasty I suppose.

As a die-hard disbeliever, once I'd stopped laughing after the first ten minutes, I began to realise just how gullible these people must be, desperately looking for something to believe in. They all want to talk to aliens through meditation.

“People learnt how to communicate with the aliens” (quote from the leader‘s daughter) Why did I keep thinking about David Icke?

I see the temple is at Khao Kala, Phayuha Khiri District, Nakhon Sawan if you’re gullible and want to go.

Just watched it. Good script & acting, and the cameraman is always in the right place.

I have been to that place with 5 Buddahs and never met or communicated with any aliens. Not enough Lao Khao I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Toe rent.

:classic_laugh:

OK, I'm on the foot fetish site. I can see E01 and E02. Are there more to come do you know, or is that shallot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

OK, I'm on the foot fetish site. I can see E01 and E02. Are there more to come do you know, or is that shallot?

Have you seen that film about the onion that turns into a spider?

It's called Shallot's Web.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure I suggest you grab a few beers and watch the best movie you have never seen.

The Hill 1965 ( Full Movie ) | The Digital Archive (d-archive.org)

Harry Andrews as the RSM is pure genius. Connery for once actually gives a descent performance.

Its funny as hell in parts but also very sad and was made for buttons. But the script is superb.

• Like 1

The Guilty (2018)  1hr 25mins   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6742252/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3   

Crime drama  A police officer assigned emergency dispatch duty enters a race against time when he answers an emergency call from a kidnapped woman.

If you're looking for action, then don't even start to watch this film. It's set in a call centre. However, the dialogue gets pretty involved. I'll say right away that it might not be everyone's cup of tea, although it drew me in.
If you're not Danish you'll need to download the English subtitles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I have to admit being a "fanboy" of Ryan Reynolds.  I like nearly everything he has done, and enjoyed this...strange but entertaining movie.

People are raving about it

I think he is awesome in everything he does...........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I have to admit being a "fanboy" of Ryan Reynolds.  I like nearly everything he has done, and enjoyed this...strange but entertaining movie.

Deadpool style with the narrator etc. Plenty of action and quite funny too 👍

• Like 1

Lost Films of WWII  (2018)  1hr 58mins  In two parts (one hour each)  Not listed on IMDB

A BBC documentary showing people’s own cine film which was filmed during the war, shown for the first time.

Amateur film-making was not very widespread at the time, it was expensive. A lot of the film had been left in store for decades, all of it only having been show to immediately family and friends.
There were also military personnel who illegally took their cine camera to war with them, even a secret agent filmed their mission.
Those who were living in the UK were not supposed to film - it didn't stop them though. Even someone on the Channel Islands managed to keep their camera hidden from the German troops who invaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished the introductory episode of Foundation, based on Isaac Asimov's Sci-Fi classic.

Asimov's masterpiece is well-known for being a series driven by drama and dialogue, not action.

There were some liberties taken with the set up of the story, that confuse me because I have no idea how they will relate to the story that I know and have read many times over.

If you are a science fiction fan, and open minded about shows based on books, then it might be worth your while. It's received a 7.9 on IMDB and is available from Apple+ TV.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Foundation.jpg.083f4ee9168a774c6d1b86416c24fe82.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, MrStretch said:

Just finished the introductory episode of Foundation, based on Isaac Asimov's Sci-Fi classic.

Now waiting on third episode…. Great so far. Visually impressive.
I have even downloaded the complete Issac Asimov book series (according to wiki) to read soon. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bob20 said:

Clever AI story with lots of "Deadpool" humour. Very enjoyable with great visual effects.

But disappointing ….. so much like Ready One Player … just with a sort of different spin on the ending. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I have even downloaded the complete Issac Asimov book series (according to wiki) to read soon. 

When you begin reading, you'll understand my confusion at the beginning of the series.  What the hell is "the vault" and why is that black woman Hober Mallow?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

When you begin reading, you'll understand my confusion at the beginning of the series.  What the hell is "the vault" and why is that black woman Hober Mallow?

That’s why I will wait until the end of the series before I start the books ….. I believe around 15 of them …. As so much that the Production team will, omit or change to suit a viable plot line. 

• Like 1