Film & TV Recommendations

Bluesofa

On 12/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, Faraday said:

I watched this 2021 four-part series yesterday.

It started off as a good production. I see IMDB lists it as comedy, crime, drama.
Yes, it had some funny moments. Later on when it went into the surreal for a couple of times I found it a bit distracting.
I see it is 'based on real events'. I wonder if the original couple slipped into bizarre moments too?
However, overall it was good.

Available on torrent.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Watched Red Notice last night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7991608/

While I enjoyed it, as a fan of Ryan Reynolds wisecracks , I can see how many thought it a run of the mill action movie.

Starts off as a James Bond/Mission Impossible spoof but changes into an Indiana Jones/The Mummy spoof half way through.

Still enjoyable, imho, but for those that don’t fancy a movie full of Reynolds/The Rock jokey insults !, probably best to steer clear.

I've just finished watching Red Notice as well. For me it really was an Indiana Jones spoof too. A good film that didn't take itself too seriously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WilliamG said:

You Don't Know Me on BBC 1, and Don't Look Up off PBay.

Watched “ Don’t look up “ and enjoyed it.

Billed as a Comedy/Drama/Sci-fi it covers well the society we live in today, when a large comet headed towards earth with possible disastrous results isn’t as important as media coverage of some pop stars breakup !!

Some nice political statements being made here, albeit all fiction …… or are they ??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Watched “ Don’t look up “ and enjoyed it.

Billed as a Comedy/Drama/Sci-fi it covers well the society we live in today, when a large comet headed towards earth with possible disastrous results isn’t as important as media coverage of some pop stars breakup !!

Some nice political statements being made here, albeit all fiction …… or are they ??

Should add that there are a couple of follow up scenes, 1 half way through the closing credits and 1 right at the very end , that are worth waiting for.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, Faraday said:

You Don't Know Me

Crime drama from the beeb.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12005828/

Watched this today. You Don't Know Me (2021) 4 hours over four episodes. A BBC drama:
On trial for murder, a defendant sacks his barrister and tells his own story about being forced into a drug gang in London.
It was good, even though the ending left me confused.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Watched this today. You Don't Know Me (2021) 4 hours over four episodes. A BBC drama:
On trial for murder, a defendant sacks his barrister and tells his own story about being forced into a drug gang in London.
It was good, even though the ending left me confused.

I found it to be a bit too long winded, & gave up after ep 3.

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Ah, so nothing to do with going to church on Sundays then?

I watched 37 minutes of it. Going to church would be much better than watching that depressing movie.

I don't recommend it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I watched 37 minutes of it. Going to church would be much better than watching that depressing movie.

I don't recommend it.

If only you said 'film' rather than 'movie'. You just can't get the staff. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

If only you said 'film' rather than 'movie'. You just can't get the staff. 

It's nuts really, that movies are still called thus. Can't call 'em fillum, coz they be that digital thing - that'll never last, mark my words. 🤓

They're not video either, so what should we call them?

Personally, I blame that Edison bloke....

https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_understanding-media-and-culture-an-introduction-to-mass-communication/s11-01-the-history-of-movies.html

• Haha 1

The Dish (2000) 1hr 41mins

'Based on a true story' a nice easy-to-watch Australian comedy about the ground satellite station that helped NASA for the Apollo 11 moon-landing in 1979.

Available on torrent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, Faraday said:

Worth a watch, as I think better paced than Yellowstone. I have watched the first 3 episodes and so far kept me entertained.

• Like 2

Cradle to Grave ( 2015 )

TV Series - 8 eps 

8.1 imdb rating 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4658612/

For those who missed this and like a bit of a comedy series based on the 1970’s , well worth a look, with a great soundtrack from the era.

Written by Danny Baker ( radio DJ, journalist and comedy writer ), it’s taken from his autobiography and focuses on Danny’s youth in 70’s London.

Peter Kay stars as Danny’s dad Fred “Spud” Baker , a dodgy docker who makes more dubious deals than Del Boy !!

Starts a little slow but once you get passed Peter Kay’s attempt at a Cockney accent it gets better and turns out to be a great comedy ( imho ).

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Cradle to Grave ( 2015 )

TV Series - 8 eps 

8.1 imdb rating 

For those who missed this and like a bit of a comedy series based on the 1970’s , well worth a look, with a great soundtrack from the era.

Written by Danny Baker ( radio DJ, journalist and comedy writer ), it’s taken from his autobiography and focuses on Danny’s youth in 70’s London.

Peter Kay stars as Danny’s dad Fred “Spud” Baker , a dodgy docker who makes more dubious deals than Del Boy !!

Starts a little slow but once you get passed Peter Kay’s attempt at a Cockney accent it gets better and turns out to be a great comedy ( imho ).

I can't see any torrents which are seeding. Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I watched it on fmovies 

Thanks. I tried 'Cradle to Grave', but it said:  'Request returned no results'

10 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Cradle to Grave ( 2015 )

TV Series - 8 eps 

8.1 imdb rating 

Will give it a look.  And of course Peter Kay has built huge credit with me for his absolutely hilarious comedy performance in 'Misheard Song Lyrics' - no matter how many times I re-watch that clip I still have to laugh! 

22 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Strange. 
I use fmovies.to on Safari, I know there are a few other proxies and it works differently on other browsers.

@BlueSphinx has some trial and error info about fmovies on other browsers 😎

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Try a different browser.  My default browser is Firefox and previously that worked fine for Fmovies, but since a couple of months already I am not able to use Firefox anymore for watching Fmovies-content.  But it does work on Chrome, so maybe you should give that browser a try. 

Also note that you should use this address > fmovies.to and not any of the other extensions on which fmovies is available.

19 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Try a different browser.  My default browser is Firefox and previously that worked fine for Fmovies, but since a couple of months already I am not able to use Firefox anymore for watching Fmovies-content.  But it does work on Chrome, so maybe you should give that browser a try. 

Also note that you should use this address > fmovies.to and not any of the other extensions on which fmovies is available.

It was the wrong site I ended up at after searching 'fmovies' It sent me to fmoviesto.site
I stuck with Firefox (on Linux) and when I used the url you mentioned it worked fine, thanks.
BTW, both sites appeared to look identical.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

It was the wrong site I ended up at after searching 'fmovies' It sent me to fmoviesto.site
I stuck with Firefox (on Linux) and when I used the url you mentioned it worked fine, thanks.
BTW, both sites appeared to look identical.

My fault for not stipulating the “.to”.

There’s a few different proxies which all look identical but have varying levels of content.

Reviewers quote different levels of success depending on which proxy, which browser and operating system they use. My method ( .to and Safari ) works very well, with a huge level of content and for free I can’t complain 😊

• Like 3