6 “Phuket Sandbox” travellers have tested positive for Covid-19 since July 1 reopening

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Oliverroysparks said:

Why When for Medical Reasons SHA People have to to go to ASQ in Phuket Does their Insurance Not Cover the Cost of the New Type of Accommodation 

No.

Edit: it's medical insurance, not ASQ insurance.

Edited by Stonker
Addition as shown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

We're in heated agreement!

The Thai contacts aren't paying the SQ bill.  It's not spelt out anywhere as far as I know, but if they were it'd be all over Thai social media and there's not even a hint of that.

Maybe it's not such a bad life after all? Three meals a day and spent the next fortnight watching TV all day. That describes the last 15 months of my life (hahaha)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

The point is - if all people travelling to Phuket are vaccinated, if they do get Covid , they will have more than a 95% chance of not needing hospitalization ...

We will never have a Covid free state, Quarantine is unnecessary if you are vaccinated and contact the Covid Virus. 

You cannot "open" anywhere in the world without expecting some people getting Covid.   Many States in the USA are fully open and many people are getting Covid, but only those who are unvaccinated are dying or being sent to a hospital from what I have read.  

This is the New Normal.  There will NEVER BE a time when Covid is gone.  Just like the Avian and Swine Flu's we get every year, Covid will continue, it just will not be deadly if you are vaccinated.

If I am wrong please educate me

I saw on SKYnews in the UK, 40% of 250 recent fatalties who contracted the Delta virus were vaxxed. Of course there as a great deal of info missing, and we don't know what the age groups were, or if there wer any underlying medical conditions.

There are plenty who are advising that even if vaxxed, you should behave as if unvaxxed. That raises the question, how many of this group thought the vax gave them super-powers and were unaware that Delta is Green Kryptonite to those supermen.

Thanks for another informative article.  Are children of any age required to arrive with negative results of PCR tests taken less than 72 hours before their departure flight?  Here in Morocco they are requiring PCR tests taken less than 48 hours before departure; perhaps that requirement might improve the situation a bit.

I am curious, however, to know the public health risks that justify quarantining vaccinated adults who have also tested negative upon arrival in Thailand but who may have been in contact with a passenger/stranger who tests negative.  The risk of their catching the virus seems quite small, and imposing quarantine on them perhaps is unnecessary.

Wishing Thailand continued success in fighting the pandemic, and I hope that future restrictions on international travelers with be both safe and simple.

7 hours ago, Bobfran said:

So if Phuket was Sydney Australia now the whole place would be locked down.    But I suppose we are talking about what place cares about their people and the other place that only cares about the money .

I just left Sydney for Phuket. You are confusing caring with incompetence. #ScottyFromMarketing has completely bungled the vaccine rollout and the states STILL can't control their quarantine facilities after nearly 18 months of Covid. Phuket is *way* safer than NSW atm!