Good Morning Thailand | Restrictions and curfews start today in Bangkok, Sandbox update

Thaiger

Today Tim and Bill talk with Caitlin about the restrictions, curfews and roadblocks that start in Bangkok today (and other red zone provinces). Sandbox update. Also update on the ‘Stefanie’ situation, the German lady shuffled off to an ASQ hotel, at her expense, last week. You can watch the video about her story here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91SYF456UU

The post Good Morning Thailand | Restrictions and curfews start today in Bangkok, Sandbox update appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hi, a couple of points/questions relevant to ASQ and visit to or returning to Thailand.  I've not heard anybody raise the question why quarantine is 14 days when final test is Day 12 and result is early on Day 13.  Why isn't release immediate after a negative result as no more tests take place?

On insurance why do expats who have health cover have to purchase inbound travel insurance? A further anomaly on this is you have to purchase insurance for the term remaining on your visa, a retirement visa in my case. My wife's visa ran out 6 weeks after entry so she had to purchase a 60 day policy.  My length of visa was almost 6 months so I had to purchase a 180 day policy at a cost of THB18,500.  This was even though we both have cover of more than £1million.. .

23 hours ago, MikeandKaz said:

Hi, a couple of points/questions relevant to ASQ and visit to or returning to Thailand.  I've not heard anybody raise the question why quarantine is 14 days when final test is Day 12 and result is early on Day 13.  Why isn't release immediate after a negative result as no more tests take place?

On insurance why do expats who have health cover have to purchase inbound travel insurance? A further anomaly on this is you have to purchase insurance for the term remaining on your visa, a retirement visa in my case. My wife's visa ran out 6 weeks after entry so she had to purchase a 60 day policy.  My length of visa was almost 6 months so I had to purchase a 180 day policy at a cost of THB18,500.  This was even though we both have cover of more than £1million.. .

In Thailand it's actually 15 days quarantine then you get released from ASQ, they don't count the day you arrive as day 1, it's day zero. Remember that when booking your hotel, also suggest you ask if a microwave available in room as all meals tend to be look warm at best when you get them, believe me, I know from first hand experience. 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

In Thailand it's actually 15 days quarantine then you get released from ASQ, they don't count the day you arrive as day 1, it's day zero. Remember that when booking your hotel, also suggest you ask if a microwave available in room as all meals tend to be look warm at best when you get them, believe me, I know from first hand experience. 

We have the same 'policy' here in NSW, we don't count your arrival day as day 1,  your 'discharge' is  also day 14. We also require those leaving to have another test on day 16 ... 

I can't see what  the big deal is about Stefanie's ASQ, as there seems to be an awful lot of faux outrage by the Thaiger, Richard Barrow, and others.

According to her, buried in the interview and glossed over, she WAS warned in advance that it was a possibility, including in writing, which she was well aware of,  but she disregarded it as it was unlikely.  She was also going to come in on ASQ, but changed to sandbox / SHA as it was a better option for her - as it would be for most people since it's a third of the price and has less restrictions.

What's the big deal?  She took a gamble, she was unlucky that she lost, but she had fair warning and ended up being no worse off than if she'd come in on ASQ.

This smacks of not just jumping on the outrage bus, but driving the outrage bus.

For a tourist, the present situation is pretty austere. 1) You may not leave the hotel until the result of the pcr covid test is known. This may take at least 24h. 2) Stefanie's experience underlines the gamble that one takes in making use of the sandbox facility. We have family in Phuket and the present situation makes it extremely difficult and unfriendly to visit our family. The present situation really means that I would not visit Thailand unless I have extremely serious and compelling reasons to be there. Stefanie's experience is a wake up call for potential tourists to see the reality of a very unfriendly situation.