Vaccines for foreigners: 105k AstraZeneca, 150k Pfizer

Thaiger

As Bangkok heads into lockdown and protest groups declare the government’s handling of Covid-19 incompetent, the cry is spreading that only one thing really solves this crisis: vaccines. And as the Delta variant that Sinovac vaccines are ineffective against is poised to become the dominant strain of Covid-19 in Thailand over the next few weeks, Thailand is looking for AstraZeneca, Pfizer and other vaccines to effectively inoculate those most in need including foreigners. While the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced increased testing, more field hospitals, quarantining at home for mild infections, community quarantines, and even the application of traditional […]

The post Vaccines for foreigners: 105k AstraZeneca, 150k Pfizer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is all very nice, but how can one register as an expat?

Nothing works - online or otherwise?

The Apps and the Goverment websites all crash and there is no receipt or advice to prove registration.

On what are these Statements based?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Expats in Bangkok...ONLY.

It's not a big country, but there is more than one "dark red" zone in it...and once again, only Bangkok gets the attention, the money, the vaccines.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 2

Time other governments followed France and the Swiss, no good relying on this Thai government for vaccinating foreigners, they cannot even do a proper job with the health workers and certainly not with any registration system.

Register under the Phyathai2 Hospital is quite easy once you got into their website. You have to login with the barcode and you have to fill up a couple of questions, including your address and your passport nr.

We were told today 9 am we can register for the Covid-19 injection by going to phyathai2international.com, but the side is not available, I have been trying sins 9 am and trying to call them 02 2716700, so this is another stuff up for foreigners to get the injection.

phyathai2international.com was closed almost immediately. I have to wonder how many vaccines they actually have and who is applying for them. Latest: "We are sorry online registration is now closed due to popular demand, we have reached our quota, please visit our website tomorrow."

Why do you need vaccine when Thailand has the miracle cure? 

"After five days of treatment, more than 300 Covid-19 patients have been cured by fah talai jone (andrographis paniculata) or green chireta."

As far as I remember it was promoted as it will make LOS the Hub of herbal export empire, and TAT was already predicted 2 Trillon dollar income from it. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Goerge said:

They only have 100 vaccines to allocate each dsy! So fo the dates of "registration" thats a total of only 500 jabs!

I couldn’t get registered either… what a freaking joke, and the damn government only allocating 100 per day is a farce

1 hour ago, Goerge said:

They only have 100 vaccines to allocate each dsy! So fo the dates of "registration" thats a total of only 500 jabs!

Sounds like trying to get a PR here. Sorry, only 100 available and you don't qualify.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I couldn’t get registered either… what a freaking joke, and the damn government only allocating 100 per day is a farce

It's the least they could do to say they are caring about us. While anyone of them with credentials can go to the USA to which they did to get Pfizer and a Pfizer jab, for which they will never tell about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aboy said:

The Apps and the Goverment websites all crash and there is no receipt or advice to prove registration.

I hate to say this, the Asta ZENACA and Phizer vaccines over 210,000 jabs wil go to the governments control to sell. 

I am a foreigner, over 60 and have 1 medical condition. I registered or tried to register through Thailandintervac. Com site for Bangkok Hospital Semitivejh as well as Phyathai 2.

All failed or suppositly failed do to the popularity of the program offered. 

Today July 12th was Phyathai2international.com turn.. From 09:00am - 12:00pm to pre register. 

I as most likely hundreds of other farangs did the same thing... By 09:07am the system went off line. 

I tried and tried again, however no success. Here is the real reason why.

The government has made over 210,000 plus jabs available to private hospitals which included Phyathai 2.

The government Thailandintervac.com site refer's you to Www.phyathai2international.com!

When i click that site it to me into Phyathai 2 pre registration site. At the bottom it gives more walls to climb and finally I got to the magic button.. PRE REGISTRATION SITE..... 

IT WAS NOW 09:07am, the page changed to i hoped success only to be informed that the 100 jab quota has been reach. Please access the web site tomorrow. 

100 jab per day x 5 days is 500 jabs. Figure out the odd's!. 

No chance in hell over 400,000 plus foreigners will not get any access to any vaccines. 

More, the 500 jabs of vaccine that the government offered are free to these 500 hundred farangs. 

If you go to Phyathai website, click the COVID button, you can make an appointment for the vaccine at Thb1,500.00 a piece plus hospital fee. 

You tell me what to do next?  It's all about good marketing management experience. 

I said my peace. 

Screenshot_20210712_093402_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.73440889c7950737d3cf4d272e7e9572.jpgScreenshot_20210712_093839_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.24ea79e932c59c18f97216de6e2dc9fd.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with all the comments relating to frustrations of registration etc and I only hope everyone currently out in Thailand can be taken care of soon with a quality vaccine. 

However, the real issue here is the attitude the Thais are taking towards foreigners. It’s totally deplorable. They should be vaccinating people based on need. Follow the same rules all developed countries have followed irrespective of nationality. I would urge all foreigners to complain to their Embassey and ask why are they not putting greater pressure on the Thai authorises to take care of foreigners.  I know it will feel like a waste of time. But an email takes 5 minutes and who knows ….

Good luck to all of you. (Even you Stonker ?)  

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree with all the comments relating to frustrations of registration etc and I only hope everyone currently out in Thailand can be taken care of soon with a quality vaccine. 

However, the real issue here is the attitude the Thais are taking towards foreigners. It’s totally deplorable. They should be vaccinating people based on need. Follow the same rules all developed countries have followed irrespective of nationality. I would urge all foreigners to complain to their Embassey and ask why are they not putting greater pressure on the Thai authorises to take care of foreigners.  I know it will feel like a waste of time. But an email takes 5 minutes and who knows ….

Good luck to all of you. (Even you Stonker ?)  

US embassy doesn’t give a crap about its citizens over here

I wonder if there are any other country in the world who treat xpats as horrible as they do in this country. 

Wonder what they would say if Thais were pushed back in the queue for a jab.

Where I come from all foreigners are treated like the danish citizens and not like second or even third class humans. 

20 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I wonder if there are any other country in the world who treat xpats as horrible as they do in this country. 

Where I come from all foreigners are treated like the danish citizens and not like second or even third class humans. 

Looking at working abroad and all other countries you can get a vaccination.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trebron said:

You have to login with the barcode

Have never heard login with a barcode.  Do you mean the QR code thing you scan with your mobile phone?

13 hours ago, Aboy said:

You have to go to either the website of your local hospital or the hospital itself - for those in Bangkok there are two hospitals, but the next phases (for those  in neighbouring provinces, then those in the rest of the country) simply aren't open yet for expats or for Thais and they're unlikely to be open until the previous phase is complete.

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Thais in the provinces are at the back of the queue.

They won't be vaccinated until all those eligible in Bangkok have been vaccinated, farang or Thai, and then those in the outlying provinces won't be vaccinated until those in the provinces around Bangkok have been vaccinated.

It's equally "horrible" for them too!

4 hours ago, Anhlam78 said:

The government has made over 210,000 plus jabs available to private hospitals which included Phyathai 2.

That's misleading - those 210,000 doses have only been given to the hospitals as vaccine distribution centres, nothing else.

4 hours ago, Anhlam78 said:

If you go to Phyathai website, click the COVID button, you can make an appointment for the vaccine at Thb1,500.00 a piece plus hospital fee. 

That's even more misleading!

You're confusing two totally different systems and vaccines, both administered by the same hospital.

One is for government vaccines (AZ / Sinovac / Pfizer), given free, the other is for privately bought vaccines for sale (Moderna).