New poll shows many have unfavourable feelings toward government’s handling of plastics factory fire

Thaiger

A new poll shows that most respondents have unfavourable feelings over the government’s handling of the fire at the plastics factory in Samut Prakan. The Suan Dusit poll conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University queried 1,266 people in Thailand from July 6 to July 9. Respondents had the option to pick multiple answers. The poll shows: 66.51% – of the respondents were unsatisfied with the government’s handling of the incident. When asked to comment on the disaster, the respondents provided these thoughts: 88.54% of the respondents say it was violent and destructive 83.87% say there wasn’t enough firefighting equipment 82.13% […]

The post New poll shows many have unfavourable feelings toward government’s handling of plastics factory fire appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can't think of any poll now that isn't tainted favoring anything this government does. But to be fair these factory were probably there first well before they moved in and bought their homes, and then I have never seen any firemen here equipped and trained like 1rst world foreign countries fire fighters are. I do agree on one thing, companies that house and produce and use severe volatile products should be inspected so much more than what they are. In one news footage they were spraying foam fire retardant, well the only place in that area that has that sort of vehicle is from the airport. 

I honestly, honestly, read the headline too fast and thought it was about the government's (lack of) handling Covid.  I have no idea why I made that mistake.
Not that we'd normally expect to see any criticism of our illustrious leader's handling of anything.

Even up to reading the respondents thoughts, it still seemed to fit my erroneous reading of the headline:

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

When asked to comment on the disaster, the respondents provided these thoughts: 88.54% of the respondents say it was violent and destructive

Hmm.

It's not a government job to handle the fire to begin with. I understand what they are trying to proof by this poll, but we all know this already.