80 Bangkok roadblocks to curb Covid-19 spread before lockdown

Thaiger

“The law of unintended consequences has come to be used as an adage or idiomatic warning that an intervention in a complex system tends to create unanticipated and often undesirable outcomes. It is commonly used as a wry or humorous warning against the hubristic belief that humans can fully control the world around them.” – Wikipedia The last time the government tried to curb Covid-19 outbreaks in Bangkok by creating a semi-lockdown resulted in national Covid-19 infections surge as people wanting to avoid the lockdown measures fled Bangkok to their hometowns across the country, bringing their suitcases and Covid-19 infections […]

The post 80 Bangkok roadblocks to curb Covid-19 spread before lockdown appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Only thing is, it's already spread to the provinces and is bedding in there. 

But.....let's do something soldierly because that's what we know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Already a little too late since people are smart enough to take the heads up a couple of days ago. And people will find a way to get out if they really want out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Martin said:

Only thing is, it's already spread to the provinces and is bedding in there. 

But.....let's do something soldierly because that's what we know.

Like flexing muscle to show proactive after the world has already seen them as a failure. 

Edited by HolyCowCm
  • Like 1

80 blocks? I'm not even an expert of BKK, and I can tell you that's only covering about a 3rd. D+ for effort, though. 

I am currently in 14 day ASQ quarantine, will get out on July 20th and need to be able to go home in the east of Thailand. I hope I can get home after 14 days in quarantine.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

“The law of unintended consequences has come to be used as an adage or idiomatic warning that an intervention in a complex system tends to create unanticipated and often undesirable outcomes. It is commonly used as a wry or humorous warning against the hubristic belief that humans can fully control the world around them.” – Wikipedia The last time the government tried to curb Covid-19 outbreaks in Bangkok by creating a semi-lockdown resulted in national Covid-19 infections surge as people wanting to avoid the lockdown measures fled Bangkok to their hometowns across the country, bringing their suitcases and Covid-19 infections […]

The post 80 Bangkok roadblocks to curb Covid-19 spread before lockdown appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Flee the city" lol...now that's real journalism right there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes quite colorful , these America journalists, hahaha CNN fake news opinionated non sense.

Thaiger would be better off wo them, but then again would they?  Being it's all about the advertising revenue isn't it boys?  Got to stay afloat during the down town, and these American fellows have no other skill, probably here on extended tourist visas, eh fellas?

Need that American think they know but don't know squat, attitude.

11 hours ago, Arni said:

I am currently in 14 day ASQ quarantine, will get out on July 20th and need to be able to go home in the east of Thailand. I hope I can get home after 14 days in quarantine.

Oh I'm sure itll be possible, but also 3x the normal price. 

• Haha 1

80 Bangkok roadblocks on streets there are, 80 Bangkok roadblocks on streets there are, make a left turn and push on the gas, then another Thai has easily got past.

You don’t need the army on the streets to enforce Covid restrictions. That’s what a police force is for to enforce laws. You need the army on the streets to quell street protests for when people realise things like the Phuket Sandbox and the announcement the country would open in 120 days, was all a con to buy time. Then you need the army on the streets. This is about preparation in deploying armed forces to quell riots. Not enforce movement restrictions for Covid.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You don’t need the army on the streets to enforce Covid restrictions. That’s what a police force is for to enforce laws. You need the army on the streets to quell street protests for when people realise things like the Phuket Sandbox and the announcement the country would open in 120 days, was all a con to buy time. Then you need the army on the streets. This is about preparation in deploying armed forces to quell riots. Not enforce movement restrictions for Covid.  

Don't want to be an ass, but with everybody going home all police forces are quiet low on staff hence Army is called in they're also in Phuket at the bridge and mostlikely at the airport too... but they're also in the water... to stop illegal passings.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Shark said:

Don't want to be an ass, but with everybody going home all police forces are quiet low on staff hence Army is called in they're also in Phuket at the bridge and mostlikely at the airport too... but they're also in the water... to stop illegal passings.

That's what the Thai Navy is for, not the Thai army

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

That's what the Thai Navy is for, not the Thai army

Navy and Army are both utilized in flexible matters when 'police force' is too low.

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

Navy and Army are both utilized in flexible matters when 'police force' is too low.

Really, never noticed any marine involvement by the RTA in Hua Hin over the years only the RTN. You do realise that there are 3 separate factions of state sponsored activities in Thailand competing with one another for the spoils do you ?

Edited by gummy

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Really, never noticed any marine involvement by the RTA in Hua Hin over the years only the RTN. You do realise that there are 3 separate factions of state sponsored activities in Thailand competing with one another for the spoils do you ?

yes sir - I also know they have different uniforms.

Don't forget it's all 'new' this covid-19 thing, they need people for crowd control, however Thais aren't particularly good in CC. One would hope police would have enough power - but everything from this post begs to differ, perhaps it's really as 'simple' as not enough manpower.

6 minutes ago, Shark said:

yes sir - I also know they have different uniforms.

Don't forget it's all 'new' this covid-19 thing, they need people for crowd control, however Thais aren't particularly good in CC. One would hope police would have enough power - but everything from this post begs to differ, perhaps it's really as 'simple' as not enough manpower.

More likely they are just too damned lazy

July 17 or 18 Any one heading to Ratchaburi from Phuket by ? car? I love to pay cost and ⛽ gasoline for sharing ride. I am fully vaccinated 2 doses of Pfizer in Match and April. Have proof of 4 negative tests in a month. I am finding alternative way to back home since BKK locked down coming soon.

Just reply this post and I will send Line ID.

Thx

I know i must be a little dim so forgive me but i'm puzzled.  Why is the Supreme Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces involving himself in setting up a few roadblocks? 

Isn't that a bog standard task for some lowly traffic cops?  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Martin said:

I know i must be a little dim so forgive me but i'm puzzled.  Why is the Supreme Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces involving himself in setting up a few roadblocks? 

Isn't that a bog standard task for some lowly traffic cops?  

If cops won't / can't stop 8 year olds riding motorbikes then perhaps something else needs to be used to enforce the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go again! More idiotic worthless pantomime from these feckless morons, trying to appear as if they have even the remotest idea what the hell they are doing or why?! Room temperature IQ's and an inability to understand that this whole plandemic and their RT-PCR tests and bulls!t vaccines are a farce!