All Phuket schools closing for 2 weeks amid Covid-19 fears

Thaiger

Ah, Thailand, where one city can simultaneously be reopening and reclosing. While the arrival numbers aren’t anywhere close to early predictions, the Phuket Sandbox has had relatively little Covid-19 issues and the people arriving are relatively happy. But the same cannot be said about schools in Phuket where, after numerous schools started closing due to infections, Governor Narong Woonciew announced the complete closure of schools in the province for 2 weeks. The official order posted last night calls for the closing of all schools and educational institutions in Phuket province, effective July 12 and continuing until July 23 as of […]

The post All Phuket schools closing for 2 weeks amid Covid-19 fears appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With the forced closure of the schools makes you wonder if there are more CV19 cases than they are letting on? They wouldn't want to jeopardize the "Sandbox"...

Unless  the authorities revise the number of daily infections, at which, they will consider closing down the "Sandbox" currently 90 per day I believe, then this reopening could well close by the months end. The infections in Bangkok are running wild and the road blocks are going up, and yet, most of the daily flights into Phuket are from Bangkok. Of course, the daily figure may only be applicable to tourist arrivals. Speaking of which,  they have done themselves no favours whatsoever,  given the way that they have treated the German lady, forced to move from her SHA+ hotel to an ASQ hotel and charged five times more for an inferior room. Disgraceful, given she is Covid  negative. The scammers are out and about. 

The "Sandbox" is too risky for holiday makers in my opinion, it is only of real use to those who need to be back in Thailand for whatever reason.

I fear the worst for the "Sandbox", but I live in hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeputyDawg said:

With the forced closure of the schools makes you wonder if there are more CV19 cases than they are letting on? They wouldn't want to jeopardize the "Sandbox"...

Yeah. They aren’t fooling anybody.