Preparing for Bangkok lockdown measures from today on

Thaiger

The CCSA announced yesterday sweeping new Covid-19 lockdown measures for Bangkok and surrounding provinces, as well as 4 southern provinces, and now people and businesses are scrambling to prepare before provisions go into effect from now until Monday. Airlines have quickly implemented emergency measures for domestic travellers to handle the wave of cancellations and rescheduling due to Bangkok and other provinces locking down and AirAsia quickly walked back an immediate suspension of flights and agreed to delay for 2 days to avoid stranded so many travellers. Koh Phangan, preparing for its reopening as part of the Samui Plus programme, has […]

The post Preparing for Bangkok lockdown measures from today on appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Checkpoints and patrol units will be in Bangkok enforcing laws and curfew measures from 6 pm onward starting today, citing anyone out between 9 pm and 3 am unless they are medical or utility workers travelling to work, or someone needing medical treatment en route to a hospital.

So there will be lots of people out, sleeping in the streets, trying to be inline first for testing or vaccination. Lots of people in Bangkok needing medical treatment, just not enough beds at present.

5,000 baht RT-PCR test

The medical industry ripping off Thais and expats who want to leave the country.  There's no excuse for charging this much for a COVID test. It costs less than half that in the United States, the most expensive country in the world for medical expenses. The Thai government needs to step in and stop this. Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm sure the ruling junta is receiving their cut of the action.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HRPuckinfutz said:

The medical industry ripping off Thais and expats who want to leave the country.  There's no excuse for charging this much for a COVID test. It costs less than half that in the United States, the most expensive country in the world for medical expenses. The Thai government needs to step in and stop this. Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm sure the ruling junta is receiving their cut of the action.

It's often free in the US. The only time I'd seen it being charged for, was if you wanted the results back within 24-48hrs. I payed 5k baht to have mine in and printed off for plane boarding to fly here, within 24hrs, last fall. Otherwise they were free, if you had time to wait 3-5 days. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Objectivance said:

It's often free in the US. The only time I'd seen it being charged for, was if you wanted the results back within 24-48hrs. I payed 5k baht to have mine in and printed off for plane boarding to fly here, within 24hrs, last fall. Otherwise they were free, if you had time to wait 3-5 days. 

You got rooked!  I paid 3,000 baht with the standard 24 to 48 hour turnaround.  Where are you getting tested at?

Edited by Norton
Clarity