1 million AstraZeneca vaccines from Japan for elderly in Bangkok

Thaiger

Japan recently donated just over 1 million AstraZeneca vaccines to Thailand in hopes of battling the surging Covid-19 outbreaks hammering the country, and today the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announce plans to give those vaccines to the elderly in Bangkok. The 1.05 million vaccines that arrived today from Japan will be earmarked for senior citizens, both Thai nationals and foreigners currently in Thailand. Those over the age of 60 and also anyone with one of the 7 chronic diseases designated as high-risk for Covid-19 will be eligible for the AstraZeneca vaccine, regardless of nationality. The CCSA is focusing Covid-19 […]

The post 1 million AstraZeneca vaccines from Japan for elderly in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The report in the BKK post says they are looking to vaccinate those in high risk areas of Bangkok to reduce the spread of the virus. Inoculating people will have minimal effect on the rate of spread. The vaccines reduce the number of serious illness and death. Since they are giving this to people mainly aged 60+, this only adds to the confused message. The people who mainly spread the virus are the younger people who travel on the BTS, go to malls and go to work. If this is actually what the government and medics have said, rather than an assumption by the BKK Post, then they have learned nothing about this virus or from other countries who have already achieved high vaccination levels 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The 1.05 million vaccines that arrived today from Japan will be earmarked for senior citizens, both Thai nationals and foreigners currently in Thailand

I'm guessing therefore, none of the vaccine will leave Bangkok.
It had better not include elderly Thai generals. There's 1,600 of the buggers leeching off the taxpayer as it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

I'm guessing therefore, none of the vaccine will leave Bangkok.
It had better not include elderly Thai generals. There's 1,600 of the buggers leeching off the taxpayer as it is.

I think those were part of the early ones to get it along with the elite and other brown noses, way ahead of the general population

Strange situation needing a million doses in a charity give away to be used on the elderly, when Thailand is exporting home produced AZ from Bkk to other countries, presumably for profit.

13 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Strange situation needing a million doses in a charity give away to be used on the elderly, when Thailand is exporting home produced AZ from Bkk to other countries, presumably for profit.

Money is more important to this administration then saving lives.

Edited by gummy

So much for Bio Science being the hub for making the vaccine.   We should thank the other countries who are helping and frown upon the others in Thailand who just make rediculous statements

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

They probably make the registration so difficult for foreigners that they never gets the jab

well the track record so far does not impress, probably another website open 3 hours a day that a lucky few manage to get to work, before the sign no more vacancies gets put up.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

The report in the BKK post says they are looking to vaccinate those in high risk areas of Bangkok to reduce the spread of the virus. Inoculating people will have minimal effect on the rate of spread. The vaccines reduce the number of serious illness and death. Since they are giving this to people mainly aged 60+, this only adds to the confused message. The people who mainly spread the virus are the younger people who travel on the BTS, go to malls and go to work. If this is actually what the government and medics have said, rather than an assumption by the BKK Post, then they have learned nothing about this virus or from other countries who have already achieved high vaccination levels 

HI @Soidog, although I largely agree with what you wrote, the statement that 'The vaccines reduce the number of serious illness and death', should be taken with a large grain of salt.

The covid-vaccine trial test-results that resulted in these vaccines being emergency use approved because of their '95% effectiveness' do NOT show that they reduce the number of serious illness and death and those trials were actually even not set-up to provide evidence of that.  They just 'prevent mild or moderate covid-19 symptoms' and it is not me or a 'crazy conspiracy theorist' that is stating this, but this comes from a study published in the Lancet (april and june 2021).  See link and attached PDF.

> https://doi.org/10.1016/S2666-5247(21)00069-0

The conclusion of that study reads as follows: These
considerations on efficacy and effectiveness are based
on studies measuring prevention of mild to moderate
COVID-19 infection; they were not designed to conclude
on prevention of hospitalisation, severe disease, or
death, or on prevention of infection and transmission
potential. Assessing the suitability of vaccines must
consider all indicators, and involve safety, deployability,
availability, and costs.

Makes you wonder whether it is really worth getting jabbed considering that they do little to prevent severe disease or death, and the adverse effects of these covid-19 vaccines (already +1.000.000 reports of alleged covid-19 injuries in the EU, US and UK reporting data-bases).

COVID-19 vaccine efficacy and effectiveness—the elephant not in the room _ the Lancet - June 2021.pdf

Edited by BlueSphinx

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

They probably make the registration so difficult for foreigners that they never gets the jab

That's a given.  They probably would turn away Japanese, too..which if done and publicized will make Thais appear even more racist than the Japanese, and that's saying something.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

HI @Soidog, although I largely agree with what you wrote, the statement that 'The vaccines reduce the number of serious illness and death', should be taken with a large grain of salt.

The covid-vaccine trial test-results that resulted in these vaccines being emergency use approved because of their '95% effectiveness' do NOT show that they reduce the number of serious illness and death and those trials were actually even not set-up to provide evidence of that.  They just 'prevent mild or moderate covid-19 symptoms' and it is not me or a 'crazy conspiracy theorist' that is stating this, but this comes from a study published in the Lancet (april and june 2021).  See link and attached PDF.

> https://doi.org/10.1016/S2666-5247(21)00069-0

The conclusion of that study reads as follows: These
considerations on efficacy and effectiveness are based
on studies measuring prevention of mild to moderate
COVID-19 infection; they were not designed to conclude
on prevention of hospitalisation, severe disease, or
death, or on prevention of infection and transmission
potential. Assessing the suitability of vaccines must
consider all indicators, and involve safety, deployability,
availability, and costs.

Makes you wonder whether it is really worth getting jabbed considering that they do little to prevent severe disease or death, and the adverse effects of these covid-19 vaccines (already +1.000.000 reports of alleged covid-19 injuries in the EU, US and UK reporting data-bases).

COVID-19 vaccine efficacy and effectiveness—the elephant not in the room _ the Lancet - June 2021.pdf 411.51 kB · 2 downloads

I had a quick read of the attached and it says:

These considerations on efficacy and effectiveness are based on studies measuring prevention of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection; they were not designed to conclude on prevention of hospitalisation, severe disease, or death, or on prevention of infection and transmission potential.

Real world evidence in the U.K. surely proves that the vaccines used (mainly AZ and Pfizer) do in fact reduce severe illness and death. Infection rates are currently the same as they were back in January at around 35,000 per day. However, in January the population was largely unvaccinated and deaths were 1,200, whereas deaths now were only 29.  That’s a 97% reduction in deaths for the same rate of infection. 

Assuming we are not going to go in to the areas of false reporting or changes to reporting methods l, then I would say that this is fairly conclusive evidence that the vaccines have reduced deaths and one can reasonably conclude also serious illness requiring hospitalisation. 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

These considerations on efficacy and effectiveness are based on studies measuring prevention of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection; they were not designed to conclude on prevention of hospitalisation, severe disease, or death, or on prevention of infection and transmission potential.

Real world evidence in the U.K. surely proves that the vaccines used (mainly AZ and Pfizer) do in fact reduce severe illness and death. Infection rates are currently the same as they were back in January at around 35,000 per day. However, in January the population was largely unvaccinated and deaths were 1,200, whereas deaths now were only 29.  That’s a 97% reduction in deaths for the same rate of infection. 
Assuming we are not going to go in to the areas of false reporting or changes to reporting methods l, then I would say that this is fairly conclusive evidence that the vaccines have reduced deaths and one can reasonably conclude also serious illness requiring hospitalisation. 

Lets agree that we don't agree on this subject, imo there are other factors at play here.

19 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Lets agree that we don't agree on this subject, imo there are other factors at play here.

Yes that’s fine but I’m happy to hear of the other factors at play that give such dramatic results. Whatever they are could be used to the same effect elsewhere possibly?

I don’t see these forums as a means of proving myself right. Actually I’m very interested to read others opinions and hopefully learn something new. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Hard not to agree on the numbers, Soidog. 

97% reduction in the death rate after the UK population is mostly vaccinated. How can this be anything other than success in preventing death? 

3.5 billion vaccination shots given. 1 million injuries (how many deaths? 1000?

vs

200 million COVID-19 infections. 4 million deaths.

Easy choice. I’m getting the vaccine.