Sinovac not effective against Delta variant, AstraZeneca is

Thaiger

A new study released today seems to have confirmed what many have feared: the Sinovac vaccine has little effectiveness in stopping the Covid-19 Delta variant. The Delta strain, first identified in India, is particularly dangerous as it has found to be much more contagious and is spreading rapidly throughout Thailand. It has been predicted that the variant will be the dominant form of Covid-19 in Thailand by next month. Studies have shown that the Chinese-made vaccine is over 90% effective in producing neutralising antibodies to fight Covid-19, and with those antibodies, it provides 80-90% immunity for the Alpha variant of […]

The post Sinovac not effective against Delta variant, AstraZeneca is appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Define effectiveness? None of the vaccines can prevent infection, the efficacy - for example 90% is an arbitrary measure that essentially indicates an asymptomatic infection. 

The real numbers should perhaps be what percentage of people are dying from Covid-19 after receiving a double dose of Sinovac? 

Is that number higher than 0%? 

The news outlets and governments like to scare people. They fail to mention that nearly 83% ok all Covid-19 deaths were morbidly obese or that most are very old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Define effectiveness? None of the vaccines can prevent infection, the efficacy - for example 90% is an arbitrary measure that essentially indicates an asymptomatic infection. 

The real numbers should perhaps be what percentage of people are dying from Covid-19 after receiving a double dose of Sinovac? 

Is that number higher than 0%? 

The news outlets and governments like to scare people. They fail to mention that nearly 83% ok all Covid-19 deaths were morbidly obese or that most are very old. 

Effectiveness is for real cases, efficacy is for trials.

In both cases, anyway: E = (Rn - Rv)/Rn

Rn = Risk of getting the infection in a population without vaccine

Rv = Risk of getting the infection in a population with vaccine

• Like 1

And as we could read in the washington post and newspapers around the world that Sinovac got his approval by bribery the drug regulator in China. Also we could read about in the Bangkok Post today about that under jab cover up in Thailand. Involved is CP as a shareholder of Sinovac and also the role of the health minister in blocking other vaccines is descriped in this article. 

• Like 4

Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson all use mRNA technology

No, just BIONTECH (pfizer ist just distributing that stuff under there name) and Moderna are mRNA vaccines

• Like 2

Thanks all for catching the error - Johnson & Johnson was mistakenly listed as an mRNA vaccine. The article has been updated now.

• Like 1

My friend stood in a massive crowd on Pha Ngan yesterday for 8/9 hrs to get an AZ vaccine. Its a clustertf*** and is going to fail !!

25 minutes ago, obfessone said:

Don't need poisonous vaccines hydroxychloroquine has been proven effective, been around for fifty years. 

Wrong, that's a Trump lie, Hydroxychloroquine was proven to be inefficient.

Once tested seriously it showed to have little to no effect on Covid-19.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-hydroxychloroquine

6 minutes ago, Zool said:

Yes, and ivermectin is even more effective.

For Ivermectin, there are signs that it may be effective, but it has not been tested in a decent environment, and the side effects might be problematic, this is unknown as of yet.

There are rare side effects to Ivermectin used against parasites, but when they've been using it against Covid-19, the dosage have been much higher, and above the higher known safe threshold, as such testing is needed to validate the chance for toxicity and side effects, and actually do real tests to see how effective it is.

https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PoulH said:

Wrong, that's a Trump lie, Hydroxychloroquine was proven to be inefficient.

Once tested seriously it showed to have little to no effect on Covid-19.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-hydroxychloroquine

For Ivermectin, there are signs that it may be effective, but it has not been tested in a decent environment, and the side effects might be problematic, this is unknown as of yet.

There are rare side effects to Ivermectin used against parasites, but when they've been using it against Covid-19, the dosage have been much higher, and above the higher known safe threshold, as such testing is needed to validate the chance for toxicity and side effects, and actually do real tests to see how effective it is.

https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678

ivmmeta.com shows a number of trials and studies and they all show ivermectin is effective at all stages, from prophylaxis to late stage.

This paper just out from Oxford press also reports benefits.  https://academic.oup.com/ofid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/ofid/ofab358/6316214?searchresult=1

HCQ also works well, the studies cited used lethal doses at late stage to prove that HCQ doesn't work.  Dr Zelenko in New York would beg to differ on the effectiveness of HCQ when used at the right dosage and not at the end stage of the disease.  

1 hour ago, obfessone said:

Don't need poisonous vaccines hydroxychloroquine has been proven effective, been around for fifty years. 

I have some but still got the vax, chloroquinine on it's own is useless, has to be combined with zinc

1 hour ago, Zool said:

Yes, and ivermectin is even more effective.

Does not seem to be any real proof for this, hard to get anyway unless you want to take the Chinese made one for pets, I'd rather trust a western vaccine

51 minutes ago, PoulH said:

The evidence that IVERMECTIN is effective in all stages of treatment of covid-19 (from prophylaxis, over first symptoms to hospitalization) is currently so overwhelming, that this cannot be denied anymore.   I do not make gratuitous statements so here two links to back up that statement, as well as two recent meta-analysis studies:

> https://c19early.com/

isummary.thumb.png.55690159726dba053440c56c0c76f934.png

> https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/

see also attached file with the systematic analysis study and meta-analysis

I also attached a June 2021 meta-analysis study that was published in AJT, the American Journal of Therapeutics > Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of Covid-19 Infection

Ivermectin_for_COVID-19_infection_a_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis.pdf Ivermectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of. Covid-19 infection _ AJT - june 2021.pdf

5000 medical staff had sinovac in Indonesia.

350 sick with delta strain.10 had to be hospitalized out of the 350.

I am getting my sinovac.

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

The evidence that IVERMECTIN is effective in all stages of treatment of covid-19 (from prophylaxis, over first symptoms to hospitalization) is currently so overwhelming, that this cannot be denied anymore.   I do not make gratuitous statements so here two links to back up that statement, as well as two recent meta-analysis studies:

> https://c19early.com/

isummary.thumb.png.55690159726dba053440c56c0c76f934.png

> https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/

see also attached file with the systematic analysis study and meta-analysis

I also attached a June 2021 meta-analysis study that was published in AJT, the American Journal of Therapeutics > Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of Covid-19 Infection

Ivermectin_for_COVID-19_infection_a_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis.pdf 1.1 MB · 0 downloads Ivermectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of. Covid-19 infection _ AJT - june 2021.pdf 2.62 MB · 0 downloads

Yes, at meta report from small trials. This is not conclusive nor did it examine the toxicity at the higher levels, this is why they are starting to do large trials now.

Had it been conclusive and considered safe, WHO would have given a thumbs up.

I'm not saying it's not promising, it most definitely is, but with side effects like coma and death even at normal dosage (not the extreme ones used on Covid-19 patients), it warrants more testing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zool said:

Here's a case where an 80 year-old woman was saved by ivermectin when she was given a 20% chance to live by doctors. Her family had to petition the court because the hospital refused to give her ivermectin. Well, the judge ordered the hospital to give her ivermectin and she made a speedy recovery.

https://thecovidblog.com/2021/01/18/new-york-judge-saves-80-year-old-covid-19-patient-by-ordering-hospital-to-give-her-ivermectin/

I've also seen recordings of people drop a can of soup with noodles in it, after which the the dropped food looked like an image of Jesus... 

That's not evidence of Christianity being the one true religion.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PoulH said:

Yes, at meta report from small trials. This is not conclusive nor did it examine the toxicity at the higher levels, this is why they are starting to do large trials now.

Had it been conclusive and considered safe, WHO would have given a thumbs up.

I'm not saying it's not promising, it most definitely is, but with side effects like coma and death even at normal dosage (not the extreme ones used on Covid-19 patients), it warrants more testing.

Please provide links to studies/evidence that Ivermectin has 'resulted in side effects like coma and death even at normal dosage'.  In absence of that, I put higher trust in the almost 600 scientists and the 32 randomized control-trials that showed conclusively that ivermectin is highly effective with NO harmful side-effects even at high dosages.

12 minutes ago, PoulH said:

I've also seen recordings of people drop a can of soup with noodles in it, after which the the dropped food looked like an image of Jesus...

Frame - Even your coffee.jpg

Only one sentance, that government must resign at last  in shame, let our Thaïs friends express themself, I just emphasize my love for the country and basic Thaï people though I have been described as being a dirty farang by a minister

• Like 4