BREAKING: Stay at home orders, travel restrictions in Bangkok and 9 other provinces

Thaiger

Tight restrictions limiting travel and ordering residents to stay at home are being set in Bangkok and 9 other “dark red” provinces to control the spread of Covid-19 as the Delta variant of the virus becomes more prevalent.  Many have been calling it a “lockdown,” but the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has been avoiding the word to describe the disease control measures. The CCSA also revised the colour-coded zoning which classifies provinces based on the local Covid-19 situation. (See the list of zoning below) Dark red provinces Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, […]

The post BREAKING: Stay at home orders, travel restrictions in Bangkok and 9 other provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hello, can the Thaiger provide a map of Thailand with the various updated provinces colors which is much more easy to understand than province names. Than you ?

Still time for the beach trips to Hua Hin and Pattaya. Mass exodus for the weekend to enjoy last taste of freedom. Or mass exodus to orange and yellow Provinces. No mention of road blocks and safety checks.

• Like 1

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Still time for the beach trips to Hua Hin and Pattaya. Mass exodus for the weekend to enjoy last taste of freedom. Or mass exodus to orange and yellow Provinces. No mention of road blocks and safety checks.

We can still hit the beach from Hat Yai, too...lots of beaches in the same province.

I was having lunch on Chala That beach, just yesterday.  Sadly, no beer.

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

We can still hit the beach from Hat Yai, too...lots of beaches in the same province.

I was having lunch on Chala That beach, just yesterday.  Sadly, no beer.

But more important, stay safe. Don’t be a statistic. And if going to the beach, think ahead and visit a Tops, 7/11 etc and take a camouflaged container of beer for the day. No reason not to mask up and enjoy some of the weekend while you still can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This reads a bit different than other outlets and the ones in Thai. Did OP put her own flair on the announcement? ?

Edited by Objectivance
  • Haha 1

Now the Phuket Thaiger Team will have to take up the slack with the happy faces in the sandbox. The team in Bangkok, best wishes and stay safe. Don’t let the walls close in. And Thank You all for keeping us updated with a good news service and a forum in these times.

• Like 1

I am as usual confused. If you arrive in Phuket via a sandbox, spend 14 days enjoying the party atmosphere and then decide to see more of Thailand. You wind up in a artistically colored red zone. Then you return to Phuket to catch your plane home. Do you have any restrictions on your domestic return to phuket? Will you be treated the same as a local coming to Phuket? Or will you be a special case? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

I am as usual confused. If you arrive in Phuket via a sandbox, spend 14 days enjoying the party atmosphere and then decide to see more of Thailand. You wind up in a artistically colored red zone. Then you return to Phuket to catch your plane home. Do you have any restrictions on your domestic return to phuket? Will you be treated the same as a local coming to Phuket? Or will you be a special case? 

I think the quick answer is; don't fly to Thailand anytime soon. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

Dont.  Stay in Phuket and enjoy it while it lasts.  9000+ cases and growing. Covid is almost out of control, and Vaccinations are in trouble and too slow. I hope Phuket lasts for many months - but I fear something will go wrong.  If they allow vaccinated and tested (in home country) tourists and then no more tests in Thailand, then maybe we will visit again - if the situation across the whole country doesnt become uncontrollable. Next few weeks will tell the story. Right now - Dont.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Or will you be a special case? 

I think you said it, you will be a special case! Just for leaving the sandbox…… or even going there. Just think of those that would suddenly have to face paid quarantine in their own country on return due to changes as Thailand’s conditions get worse.

44 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Exactly. I got a Line text just an hour ago to tell me about this development. The person is rapidly packing a bag and heading home from Bangkok to Phitsanulok. 

17 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

“Party Atmosphere”?  Sarcasm right?  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Party Atmosphere”?  Sarcasm right?  

Where’s Sheldon Cooper when you need him  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Dont.  Stay in Phuket and enjoy it while it lasts.  9000+ cases and growing. Covid is almost out of control, and Vaccinations are in trouble and too slow. I hope Phuket lasts for many months - but I fear something will go wrong.  If they allow vaccinated and tested (in home country) tourists and then no more tests in Thailand, then maybe we will visit again - if the situation across the whole country doesnt become uncontrollable. Next few weeks will tell the story. Right now - Dont.    

I'll wager Phuket is in the same situation by late August. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

thank you for the recommendation but i was only trying to pose a question. The object was to see if I missed any report on this particular scenario. As one of the Phuket Medical directors said do not worry about the (Padded ) sndbox arrivals it is the domestic travel which is a problem. Sorry I was not direct enough. it must be the water affecting my brain it is so clear missing the normal amber color

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

“Party Atmosphere”?  Sarcasm right?  

I am  sure the Atmosphere is party like rain, thunder, ocean and beach. It is the noun of party that is missing. The description of the atmosphere can go either way. Definitely not global warming. But I  like the way you think

Edited by triplebogey
wrong word in first sentence

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Where’s Sheldon Cooper when you need him  

ah sheldon I did hold up the sign, but maybe it was upside down. I did say I was confused

• Haha 1

Thais think that this measures have a lot more to do with the rallies coming soon than with the covid situation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pattaya.Warrior said:

Thais think that this measures have a lot more to do with the rallies coming soon than with the covid situation.

There's probably some substance to that. 

1 hour ago, Objectivance said:

There's probably some substance to that. 

Yes, if you understand thai and can read thai then you know it is boiling and they are very angry about this government now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Objectivance said:

I'll wager Phuket is in the same situation by late August. 

I will not take that bet thanks. And I doubt it will be because of tourists bringing covid with them to the island, it will be because of Thais from other provinces and/or imported illegal workers. But I will bet that the Thai Govt will blame the tourists.