Found this Drone Footage on YouTube of Thailand

Andrew Reeve

Thanks for that, Andrew. That must be the most beautiful scenery filming of Thailand that I've ever seen. Truly stunning, some of those shots, especially those of Bangkok that dispel my view that it's an ugly city. From that drone footage, ugly it certainly is not. Great camera-work, too . . . very clever.

Here's a pic that my aforementioned son took with his drone camera. It's only a still but it's an excellent view of Settle and surrounds in the Yorkshire Dales, where I lived for some time before emigrating.

ben drone cam image of upper settle.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is footage like this that made me buy a drone! Now I am getting ready to have it registered in Thailand. as always, nothing is as simple as it seems...  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stefan said:

It is footage like this that made me buy a drone!

Hi, Stefan and welcome to T-T.

Re your drone comment, I don't blame you for wanting to get in on the drone act. My 'boy', Ben, bought his both for serious filming to assist in his website design business and the more fun stuff when he's out-and-about at weekends. For example, a couple of weeks ago and as part of his supporting a competitor in the Dales Top-10 mountain race, he got the drone to film her progress as she tackled the more scenic or technically demanding sections of the course. Needless to say, he's now addicted to the thing!

Cheers and happy posting!

KC

• 1 month later...

Most drone footage I see online appears to be in violation of many laws.  I guess when you post stuff like this online  you hope the relevant authorities don't take notice?  

19 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Most drone footage I see online appears to be in violation of many laws.  I guess when you post stuff like this online  you hope the relevant authorities don't take notice?  

Well unless they ban youtube feeds they are impotent

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well unless they ban youtube feeds they are impotent

Maybe. FAA inspectors in the USA have mainly been working from home and have been tasked with reviewing online photos and videos.  They have cautioned many drone pilots about their illegal activities.  They have been reluctant to take enforcement action so far.

I like drones and love the photos and videos that they can capture.  Just be aware of any local laws when flying a drone.

4 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Maybe. FAA inspectors in the USA have mainly been working from home and have been tasked with reviewing online photos and videos.  They have cautioned many drone pilots about their illegal activities.  They have been reluctant to take enforcement action so far.

I like drones and love the photos and videos that they can capture.  Just be aware of any local laws when flying a drone.

So you think the FAA are also interested in the threads main subject matter, the youtube drone pictures, in Thailand ?  

On 5/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, Stefan said:

It is footage like this that made me buy a drone! Now I am getting ready to have it registered in Thailand. as always, nothing is as simple as it seems...  

What drone did you get?  I think it is not that hard to to register a drone in Thailand.  Just lots of paperwork.  Maybe fees to be paid.  Might be some licensing requirements too. I haven't done it yet.

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

So you think the FAA are also interested in the threads main subject matter, the youtube drone pictures, in Thailand ?  

Obviously not.  Most people in the USA can't even locate Thailand on a map.

6 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Anyone can buy a drone and do anything they want with it.  I really don't care.

I quite agree. Its up to them , whatever country they may live in, to understand rule and restrictions that may be applicable .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is a chap on YT who has beeN documenting the construction on the new railway in Hua Hin - quite a bit of infrastructure construction go on (his moniker is Mike’s Tropical Tech). In most of his footage he mentions his drone is licensed and when north of the city usually comments that he has clearance from the airport authorities. I’m guessing that would be the CAAT. 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:50 PM, bushav8r said:

Seriously, why the negativity?

This is an awesome depiction of Thailand.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, bushav8r said:

FAA has commented that monetizing drone videos on Youtube, requires a FAA Part 107 drone commercial pilots license. The latest fee for the license is $175 to sit and take the test.

• 11 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 8:25 PM, TukTuk said:

Seriously, why the negativity?

This is an awesome depiction of Thailand.

Not negative.  Why do you think drone flying is being legislated out of existence?