12 Sandbox travellers in quarantine request to leave Thailand

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Evgenii said:

And what about this well described 100,000 covid insurance? 

Insurance companies probably won't pay a satang until it is proven that they actually have covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

I believe if you live here and quarantined or hospitalised then the government pays for this.. a friend was forced into 14 days quarantine recently but didn't pay anything.  but if you are a tourist through the sandbox scheme then its down to you or your insurance to pay.. I did wonder if its like most insurance companies, pay first then claim back !. But one bit of good news the hotel is supposed to pay you back any unused nights !

Thanks, @Malc-Thai, that's unfortunately one of the few constructive and informative comments here as the forum is now sadly already well on its way to being dominated by the usual TV crowd of flat-earthers and Thai-bashers.

From all reliable reports you're absolutely correct that the  government pay for quarantine and hospitalisation for anyone, Thai or foreigner, for Covid quarantine treatment despite some of the unsupported and unjustified comments here, with the exception of those coming in on the sandbox scheme.

My point was who was paying for the ASQ for those in the group now quarantined, since it's been widely reported elsewhere (BP, etc) that this was "provided by the province".

While the refund from the SHA+ hotels is mandated in the regs there's no mention of anything about ASQ at all and so I doubt it would be covered by any insurance policy since they've not tested positive, leaving the individuals to foot the bill.

What would seem the simplest solution would be for the refund for the SHA+ hotel to cover the cost of the ASQ facility, but who knows?

It's not a scam as nobody who's involved along the way could both influence and profit from false tests, but it's just a shambles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

44 minutes ago, Eric_B said:

Insurance companies probably won't pay a satang until it is proven that they actually have covid.

Why should they?

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Thanks, @Malc-Thai, that's unfortunately one of the few constructive and informative comments here as the forum is now sadly already well on its way to being dominated by the usual TV crowd of flat-earthers and Thai-bashers.

From all reliable reports you're absolutely correct that the  government pay for quarantine and hospitalisation for anyone, Thai or foreigner, for Covid quarantine treatment despite some of the unsupported and unjustified comments here, with the exception of those coming in on the sandbox scheme.

My point was who was paying for the ASQ for those in the group now quarantined, since it's been widely reported elsewhere (BP, etc) that this was "provided by the province".

While the refund from the SHA+ hotels is mandated in the regs there's no mention of anything about ASQ at all and so I doubt it would be covered by any insurance policy since they've not tested positive, leaving the individuals to foot the bill.

What would seem the simplest solution would be for the refund for the SHA+ hotel to cover the cost of the ASQ facility, but who knows?

It's not a scam as nobody who's involved along the way could both influence and profit from false tests, but it's just a shambles.

"While the refund from the SHA+ hotels is mandated in the regs"

I have just googled Will the SHA+ hotels refund if a guest has to go into quarantine, and received no confirmation. Please supply your sources that they do - if you can.

• Like 2

yesterday it was an ETHIAD flight today EMIRATES.  EMIRATES covers its passengers with a covid policy for the duration of the journey up to 30 days.  Did the aircraft personnel leave or were they quarantined?  Has the plane been sanitized?

100k insurance policy? sounds insane for the flu. maybe that's the plan tho, let em in, get a false positive, and bill their insurance 100,000 f'in thousand dollars.  should have seen this before.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

I believe if you live here and quarantined or hospitalised then the government pays for this.. a friend was forced into 14 days quarantine recently but didn't pay anything.  but if you are a tourist through the sandbox scheme then its down to you or your insurance to pay.. I did wonder if its like most insurance companies, pay first then claim back !. But one bit of good news the hotel is supposed to pay you back any unused nights !

It depends on the facility but even Thais had bills and were shocked because they sought it is free. If you can read Thai there are many reports and complaints about the high bills they got. So even Thais have to pay now that means for sure that foreigners has to pay it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric_B said:

Most likely true. Something I have said before related to this. If you are carted off to hospital by way of isolation and charged 4,000 baht a night for the privilege. Your Covid insurance most likely won’t pay out? Why would they unless you have been shown to have Covid 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

might turn into an extended ALQ prison sentence

Ha, there were 14 passengers on that flight. And ONE had Covid.  That is a reason to send all of them to Quarantine prison.

Now try to imagine the chance of 1 positive Covid test in an airplane with 200+ passengers. There is no way you can escape...  

• Like 3

A fool and his money are soon parted.  The sandbox is a perfect example.  This is all wrong. Test multiple times for a virus using a test that can have 80% false positives and then, having tested negative multiple times, you are still placed into a limited access position and treated like a diseased person. When one test comes back positive for someone else on the plane, everyone loses all freedom of movement and get locked into tight quarantine, charged for the privileged and, in addition, lose all their prepaid hotel and other travel arrangements.  No thanks.  I'm quite happy not allowing the Thai government to experiment using my funds.  Either they treat us all like humans, or we don't come.  Fools and their money are soon parted.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Stardust said:

Stonker is permantly spreading fake facts and shows what his sources are. Propaganda and reality is not the same and are not facts. Even ccp propaganda he is presenting as facts. As we could see he told the sandbox tourists that everything is covert and they not have to pay for the qurantine. The reports from Phuket yesterday say the opposite ! The danger is that he is presenting the propaganda as facts and everybody who not follow his dictaorship and misinformation he is calling Thaibasher even the Thais who know already about the lies. By the way check his patterns of a few we saw before with other names

Yeah it's pretty obvious who he is, and it's always been obvious that he's just trolling.

• Like 1

Though being put in the ALQ may be safest place for these tourists …… 

In response to an anticipated rise in infections in Phuket, the committee yesterday reviewed a raft of options, including setting up a third field hospital at the 4000-seat Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin for critically ill patients requiring ventilators, and the approval of 70 more local quarantine rooms at a venue in Nai Yang.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/ppho-braces-for-infections-delta-beta-variants-confirmed-in-phuket-80636.php

Maybe this a warning for the new incoming electronically tracked tourists as theirs a increasing chance they could be found in a area of infected locals deemed to be high risk. This has ALQ all over it.

If the Phuket officials are anticipating a rise, maybe they should publish an anticipated warning to arriving sandbox tourists?

• Like 1

Well "good luck" with the refund. I purchased the 1 million health insurance and paid deposit for the quaranteen hotel. When the Thai embassy botched my visa and turned out to be impotent in issuing a visa in 20 days I decided not to go. Guess what? NONE of the Thai companies would issue a refund! So be forewarned any monies going to Thailand will stay in Thailand! This included the Thai embassy that gladly kept the visa fee without actually issuing a visa. Incidentally I wrote to the US Thai embassador but did not expect an answer. I was NOT dissapointed! He did not answer! I never been to Thailand but now it appears to be one of the worst countries to deal with! Just my experience!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

If the Phuket officials are anticipating a rise, maybe they should publish an anticipated warning to arriving sandbox tourists?

Like: "Please be advised you'll be sent home or locked in quarantine when we shut down the sandbox at 90 cases/week."

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, TobyAndrews said:

"While the refund from the SHA+ hotels is mandated in the regs"

I have just googled Will the SHA+ hotels refund if a guest has to go into quarantine, and received no confirmation. Please supply your sources that they do - if you can.

No. Your inability to read the regs and the reports or to use a search engine isn't my concern, and it's tedious.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, Martin said:

The "what happens if a tourist tests positive" question was always something of a grey area in the run up to July 1st. 

But i can't recall anyone saying the whole flight would be quarantined. 

I don't agree with the rest of your comment as I think they just didn't plan it properly, but that part's certainly true.

I was thinking, being fully vaccinated,  to apply for COE.  But the vaccination rate in Thailand. Only 5 % is fully vaccinated. Pitty.

Cambodia is already at 25 % fully vaccinated ( and 33 % with one dose), and they don't even start opening up for tourism yet. 

With 5 % vaccinated , a tourist will be dragged from one lockdown to the other, inter provincial traffic bans, looking at closed businesses, empty bars, and hurry up to take away food from closed restaurants to your curfewed hotel. 

You will not gain trust by dragging fully vaccinated tourists into quarantaine because they were close to an infected person. You want us to go through all these costs before a CEO is permitted, then to fly to Thailand in a 200 - 300 people Airbus, and pray no one will test positive on arrival ? Look, if they do, quarantaine the infected, but allow the (fully vaccinated) rest to stay as they were in the Sandbox as agreed.  And start immunizing your people instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Well "good luck" with the refund. I purchased the 1 million health insurance and paid deposit for the quaranteen hotel. When the Thai embassy botched my visa and turned out to be impotent in issuing a visa in 20 days I decided not to go. Guess what? NONE of the Thai companies would issue a refund! So be forewarned any monies going to Thailand will stay in Thailand! This included the Thai embassy that gladly kept the visa fee without actually issuing a visa. Incidentally I wrote to the US Thai embassador but did not expect an answer. I was NOT dissapointed! He did not answer! I never been to Thailand but now it appears to be one of the worst countries to deal with! Just my experience!

You've never been to Thailand but you wanted to go through all the hoops to get here and spend 14 days in an ASQ hotel?

Wow. 

There are a lot of very fair complaints here and the sandbox is a shambles and was a disaster waiting to happen, but getting a refund for a visa application from just about any country is unlikely, as is getting your insurance and hotel deposit back when they tell you very clearly it's not refundable.

Edited by Stonker
typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesE said:

Like: "Please be advised you'll be sent home or locked in quarantine when we shut down the sandbox at 90 cases/week."

JamesE can you provide a link to the source of the quote ? I have tried to it myself with no success.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:28 AM, Stonker said:

What is a TV crowd?

Thai Visa, or whatever it has become?  I think the same people inhabit the Bangkok Post.

I hope this forum doesn't degenerate.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Stonker said:

No. Your inability to read the regs and the reports or to use a search engine isn't my concern, and it's tedious.

Maybe you can help and provide a link to these regs, if they exist.

• Like 1