12 Sandbox travellers in quarantine request to leave Thailand

Thaiger

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

Maybe you can help and provide a link to these regs, if they exist.

Maybe I can, but since the last time you asked me for a link and someone else replied saying I was correct,and you told them you already knew but were winding me up I don't feel inclined to.

If you don't think they exist, though, maybe you could let Thaiger know that they've been had when they published their article headed "Full text of Phuket sandbox order released in English"

7 hours ago, Mopi said:

JamesE can you provide a link to the source of the quote ? I have tried to it myself with no success.

You can read it in any english writtenThai news outlet! 90 cases per week they will shut down the sandbox. Thats it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You can read it in any english writtenThai news outlet! 90 cases per week they will shut down the sandbox. Thats it!

It was even listed on the thaiger I'm sure :-)

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Maybe I can, but since the last time you asked me for a link and someone else replied saying I was correct,and you told them you already knew but were winding me up I don't feel inclined to.

If you don't think they exist, though, maybe you could let Thaiger know that they've been had when they published their article headed "Full text of Phuket sandbox order released in English"

Any excuse Stonker not to answer huh? A bit like a politician . . .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

The numpties on Thai Visa, who have started to infest here as well.

You so called numpties, please be aware of this forum ejit that members here have to suffer.

Just check his posts, and be aware this is his third name on the forum in three months.

• Like 1

Having read about the concept of the sandbox I was keen to get aboard, but just like that, everything went pear shaped, surely this will now be scrapped, you have to feel for not only the German woman but others who have been thrown into holiday hell, nobody had any idea what would happen if someone on your flight tested positive, well now we know, until they have Covid back under control they should stop all arrivals for the foreseeable future for the safety of all.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Yet another vacuous inane policy put in place by the thailand officials that refuses to use basic common sense and allow people who are asymptomatic to shelter in their own places and give them a few rapid tests. 

So ignorant and unnecessary this whole thing has become. 

Even worse are the people who think this is to be treated like a deadly black plague. 

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Yet another vacuous inane policy put in place by the thailand officials that refuses to use basic common sense and allow people who are asymptomatic to shelter in their own places and give them a few rapid tests. 

So ignorant and unnecessary this whole thing has become. 

Even worse are the people who think this is to be treated like a deadly black plague. 

Ignoring the seriousness of covid is a mistake. Thailand has been pretty effective at protecting population whether Thai or falong and needs everyone to cooperate. Once the threat of covid passes the what if game is ok but for now we need to cooperate.

• Like 1

these hapless tourists caught in the sand trap are a drop in the ocean. After extracting all the money they can, regime should let them go. At least five million more are predicted to arrive in the coming months.

7 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I'm not sure where you've been since the previous post six months ago, but within certain limits they do "use basic common sense and allow people who are asymptomatic to shelter in their own places and give them a few rapid tests", and they've done so for a while.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not sure where you've been since the previous post six months ago, but within certain limits they do "use basic common sense and allow people who are asymptomatic to shelter in their own places and give them a few rapid tests", and they've done so for a while.

On what source is that statement based?

44 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

The Thaiger

Looks at John's TR

There are 13 people at his small hotel in isolation 

The guy is lounging  outside eating sushi!

Look at the 5 or 6 examples that have come on here to relay their experiences

Not one example of anyone on here being forced to stay at a hospital if asymptomatic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Exactly. Thailand's response has moved on. Until this thread from 6 months ago. If you test positive here, and not any serious symptoms, you're up for home isolation if you live here and hotel isolation if you're a tourist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Cotton said:

You mean the part you put in bold?

Public announcements and statements from the PHAs and DDC, all widely reported including here, and which I've given links to and quoted from several times at length in several threads.

If you really can't find them I'll look them up for you as it's you, but if you're winding me up ... 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You mean the part you put in bold?

Public announcements and statements from the PHAs and DDC, all widely reported including here, and which I've given links to and quoted from several times at length in several threads.

If you really can't find them I'll look them up for you as it's you, but if you're winding me up ... 😂

No, not a wind-up . . . just curious as to its substance. Thanks, anyway.