Breaking: Travel restrictions and curfew to be set in Bangkok, “dark red” provinces

Thaiger

Travel restrictions and a nightly curfew will be set in Bangkok and provinces classified as “dark red” zones for the high rates of Covid-19 infections, the government’s news bureau confirmed today. In this morning’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting, chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, officials decided to impose further restrictions to reduce travel to combat the spread of Covid-19 as the highly transmissible Delta variant becomes more prevalent. The restrictions are set to take effect tomorrow and be in place for at least 14 days, according to the National News Bureau of Thailand. The news bureau adds that Prayut […]

The post Breaking: Travel restrictions and curfew to be set in Bangkok, “dark red” provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Travel restrictions and a nightly curfew will be set in Bangkok and provinces classified as “dark red” zones for the high rates of Covid-19 infections, the government’s news bureau confirmed today. In this morning’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting, chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, officials decided to impose further restrictions to reduce travel to combat the spread of Covid-19 as the highly transmissible Delta variant becomes more prevalent. The restrictions are set to take effect tomorrow and be in place for at least 14 days, according to the National News Bureau of Thailand. The news bureau adds that Prayut […]

The post Breaking: Travel restrictions and curfew to be set in Bangkok, “dark red” provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Of course I suspect that these restrictions, whatever they may be, couldn't possibly be allowed to extend beyond week commencing Sunday the 26th could they ? nudge nudge wink wink , know what I mean squire ?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Of course I suspect that these restrictions, whatever they may be, couldn't possibly be allowed to extend beyond week commencing Sunday the 26th could they ? nudge nudge wink wink , know what I mean squire ?

I think Monday is the 26th and on the 28th is all official stuff done with civilian old people volunteers they bring in to attend anyway. Nice to have the holiday with the family all home though. But what I do except is that even non red zones say like CM will have their Governor boot smoocher's following suit and implementing some sort of control to look shiny. I am planning on getting a little reserve of nice wine and ok beer to last several weeks tomorrow. Have plenty of scotch already.

• Haha 1

If Thailand had run a vaccination program just half as efficient as the US (with half a nation in mental disorder), we would all have been fine by now.

I find it very hard to understand what the excuse can be for this mess considering how important tourism etc is to this nation!

18 minutes ago, Max-Howl said:

If Thailand had run a vaccination program just half as efficient as the US (with half a nation in mental disorder), we would all have been fine by now.

I find it very hard to understand what the excuse can be for this mess considering how important tourism etc is to this nation!

Incompetence, Corruption and personal enrichment for the PM, his master and Anutin I guess would be high up on the list of reasons for the sorry state that the general population of Thailand finds itself in regarding lack of vaccinations

Lol @ curfews... because we all know the Virus is 10 times more aggressive at night. Like the boogeyman it preys on you under cover of dark ?

If they want to contain this, they're going to have to do a lot more than this! Curfews won't put a dent in it.

Vaccines should have definitely been a bigger priority much earlier!

• Like 1

I am so confused. If these dark red zones are the problem, why did they send the majority of the vaccines they did have down to Phuket? I understand tourism is important, but 3 months of salary is nothing when you are already vaccinated and there are millions of others waiting. Solve the major problem first then worry about the rest later!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khomsan said:

I am so confused. If these dark red zones are the problem, why did they send the majority of the vaccines they did have down to Phuket? I understand tourism is important, but 3 months of salary is nothing when you are already vaccinated and there are millions of others waiting. Solve the major problem first then worry about the rest later!! 

Sorry but what. You forget that most of the Bangkokians whom like to travel didn't want the Sinovac nor the AstraZeneca. They want vaccines which they can use to get into Europe. The prefer their fluids to come from the factory of Pfizer or Moderna.

The major problem would've never been a problem if they weren't send 'home' to spend time with family during Songkran.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Sherry said:

Is this lockdown gonna affect international flights to Bangkok?

Well I guess no one knows the answer to that yet. However the way things are going it would be good if the international community organised the air drop drop of millions of vaccines to the areas disregarded by this government so that local doctors and nurses could provide vaccinations to not only themselves but local communities as sure a hell this corrupt administration will not care for them.

Can one fly from a non-deep-red zone to Suvarnabhumi airport, get a COVID test locally, and then flyout internationally?  And what about returning to BKK?  I need these answers soon, or I could lose thousands of dollars in airfare and hotels outside of BKK.

Thailand is really f*cking me over. The entire junta leadership belongs in jail. 

Oh great.  Awesome idea considering how well the closure of bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters etc. has worked so far ! (Heaping helping of Sarcasm here).  No, vaccinations are the answer.  Thailand is a powerful country and there are many major businesses that need for this country to fully reopen again and somehow by all means necessary this has to happen.

I am in Pattaya. My girlfriend has a UK Visa Interview on the 14th in Bangkok. Will she be able to travel there and attend the interview?

I am trying to understand the scope of "travel restrictions". What does this exactly mean? Is it a complete prohibition on inter-provincial travel to/from Bangkok; certain provinces, or all provinces? Or, is it simply advisory? Or (most likely), somewhere in between? Previous to this latest announcement of Covid curbs, I made vacation plans to travel by car from Bangkok to Khao Yai National Park with 8 days booked for overnight accommodations. Have my vacation plans gone the same way as the Ming Dih Chemical factory in Bang Phli?

12 hours ago, Lor said:

I am in Pattaya. My girlfriend has a UK Visa Interview on the 14th in Bangkok. Will she be able to travel there and attend the interview?

Perhaps it may be a case she can go but will need quarantine after leaving. Guess you should phone Trendy Bldg first to seek advice or perhaps postpone the interview for a later date if possible minimising her risk of catching something nasty from those infected people in Bangkok.

20 hours ago, HRPuckinfutz said:

Can one fly from a non-deep-red zone to Suvarnabhumi airport, get a COVID test locally, and then flyout internationally?  And what about returning to BKK?  I need these answers soon, or I could lose thousands of dollars in airfare and hotels outside of BKK.

Thailand is really f*cking me over. The entire junta leadership belongs in jail. 

There have never been any restrictions that would prevent that.  I'm in a deep red zone and we can fly into BKK.  I just checked and no cancelled flights tomorrow. I would suggest, though, that you get your Covid test done before you depart to BKK.  The only testing facility at the airport (rapid results) appears to be for incoming international passengers, not outgoing.

Returning to BKK from overseas...mandatory ASQ.

Edited by MrStretch

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I just checked and no cancelled flights tomorrow.

Check again.  All domestic flights for July have been cancelled. Now my wife cannot get to BKK to fly out of Thailand and meet me overseas in a more intelligently governed nation.

Just now, HRPuckinfutz said:

Check again.  All domestic flights for July have been cancelled. Now my wife cannot get to BKK to fly out of Thailand and meet me overseas in a more intelligently governed nation.

I wrote that before the announcement...check again.

14 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I wrote that before the announcement...check again.

My "Check again" was just a suggestion, not snark.

No need for you to be a snowflake (that was snark).

Will it still be possible after July 12 for a Thai national to drive a car or take a bus from Buriram to Bangkok airport in order to leave the country by plane?

10 hours ago, TomBo said:

Will it still be possible after July 12 for a Thai national to drive a car or take a bus from Buriram to Bangkok airport in order to leave the country by plane?

Yes.

Even if you are traveling in curfew hours confirmation of your flight should be sufficient to ensure smooth passage (if challenged) .

Personally, I would do my usual of traveling the day before and stay over near the airport.

Hi,

I need to get from Chiang Mai to BKK to fly out of Thailand. I quarantined a month ago. If I'm going from yellow zone to dark red, do I need a PCR or Sntigen text still? 

Can't find this info anywhere.. ?