Top hotels in Bangkok’s city centre

Thaiger

Bangkok offers many places to stay, but due to its sprawling areas, travellers may want to stay right in the centre of the action. Here, is where the most popular shopping malls, nightlife, and restaurants can be found, along with famous attractions. Needless to say, travelling around this beautiful city can take time, with many visitors looking for the best location in which to stay. While Sukhumvit is a prime location for many of these attractions, the top hotels have definitely taken note of what it means to offer convenience when travelling. With amenities that make life easier, and spas […]

The post Top hotels in Bangkok’s city centre appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wonder if Ann has stayed at any of these? Centara is good value, most of these are beyond my limit normally. However, at present you can get great deals ie Chatrium Riverside, Novotel Suk Soi 20, Carlton Suk, etc, almost anywhere you will never see these low prices again.

I know articles like this can be interesting to read and give ideas but I do have to ask are there people seriously looking for which top 5 hotel they need to move into while nearly 10K people will be catching Covid today and most of them in Bangkok probably. 

I have twice cancelled week long reservations in the capital in the past weeks due to Government restrictions  and the cancellation of inter provincial coaches and now you report further restrictions proposed  later today by the cabinet while you also tell people these are the places to be seen in if your coming to the capital. 

I'm just not sure it's the right message at the moment but can see it gives the company revenue. 

By way of addendum I have rebooked to visit the capital for 9 nights at the beginning of September all being well so I'm not against visiting Bangkok when the time is right.

it really depends what criteria you use to choose those hotels, i live in Bangkok for 20 years and in no way recommend any of those hotels for my friends for business or leisure. But, it's highly personal, it could be advertising article or creating a web content article. Nobody tale advise from those, you just go online and search for best rates at the location you prefer. It's how i book my trips.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChristyS said:

Chateau Bangkok near Embassy Row  mid range pricing but  HUGE rooms, full baths with tubs, kitchenette and walk in closets https://www.chateaubkk.com/

I stayed there for 6 months when I worked in Bangkok back in 2003. Nice pool and sauna on the roof. Must be showing it's age now ! Loads of embassy staff were stationed there and US marines who did security for the US Embassy.  

2 hours ago, billybob said:

I stayed there for 6 months when I worked in Bangkok back in 2003. Nice pool and sauna on the roof. Must be showing it's age now ! Loads of embassy staff were stationed there and US marines who did security for the US Embassy.  

I just checked the website, closed for " Grand Renovation" Hope they keep the spaces recall there was a great pizza restaurant, too. 

I've stayed at about half the properties on the list and only agree with the Shangri'La being deserving of being on it.  While it is an older property at this point, it ticks all the boxes for a luxurious holiday.  Waldorf Astoria is quite expensive with an elegant breakfast and good location, but as a newer property, the rooms are very small and the views are obstructed by the obscure architecture.  The Pullman King Power should not be anywhere near this list, that hotel location is terrible.  If I'm looking to stay riverside, the Shangri'La Krungthep Deluxe Balcony rooms are simply the best.  In central Bangkok, I prefer the Intercontinental Corner Suites with sweeping city views and a large footprint, also at the doorstep of multiple BTS stops, Central World mall, and multiple other shopping centres.  It also has probably the most expansive buffet breakfast in all of Thailand, it is extremely good value for the cost compared to other luxury properties.