67,000 Phuket residents try to register for Moderna, web portal crashes

Thaiger

Yesterday, nearly 70,000 people tried to apply for the Phuket Moderna vaccine reservations. The web portal crashed instead. The 67,000 hopeful vaccination registrants would have had their vaccines provided by Bangkok Hospital Phuket and Bangkok Hospital Siriroj. The crash did not sit well with many who had already found the registration process slow and rife with system failures and an all-around laborious and taxing process. Registration opened at 9 am and in less than 2 hours the hospital announced that they were running out of stock. The Bangkok Hospital group released a statement to Thai media where they extended their […]

The post 67,000 Phuket residents try to register for Moderna, web portal crashes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sadly those in power will continue to suck up to China until it can entice them back in numbers. It doesn't matter if their vaccines work or that when here they don't help local economies, as long as they buy expensive condos to rent out to everyone else while sending the money home again.

Thailand turns a blind eye to criticism of anything Chinese. It's all about the money as we all know !

• Like 2

where all this Moderna coming from, i wonder? There was a pretty clear statement from Zuellig Pharma that it's all booked till the end of the year and i don't think this government procured any already. I think we have better chances to book a Virgin Galactic flight now

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

How are there nearly 70,000 people in Phuket applying for the vaccine? One of the conditions for the Sandbox model to go ahead was that the majority of people there would be vaccinated BEFOREHAND. 
What about the rest of thailand, we’re left without any vaccinations!?

• Like 4

Fair point from 9s, to open the sandbox it was 70% needed vaccination although it's been revealed they settled on only 65% and now 67000 residents want any Moderna vaccine on offer.

How about letting the rest of the country get even one shot of vaccine if they want it let alone two shots before you chosen few get your potential third shot

What makes Phuket more important than Bangkok or anywhere else if you are going to actually secure these doses. The infection rates in this province will not justify it's use there by the time it arrives months later. Again it's all about making money over saving lives.

6 minutes ago, AlAtDiscover360Media said:

How are there nearly 70,000 people in Phuket applying for the vaccine? One of the conditions for the Sandbox model to go ahead was that the majority of people there would be vaccinated BEFOREHAND. 

i think "vaccinated" meant that they got one jab on Sinovac

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AlAtDiscover360Media said:

Now we got Samui and all islands lining up for vaccines jumping on sandbox bandwagons. i wonder where all those tourists will travel to after 14 days in paradise? the rest of the country will sooner or later has to go in hard lockdown

• Like 1

I have just read that Thailand is third from the worst contries in the world at handling the virus. This is one example why.

I do not think they could do much without western help or Chinese help. Look there is a factory in Thailand producing a vaccine invented in the West with western experts showing them how. All the Thais ever invented was kick boxing and tuc tucs.

I see no sign of any gratitude from the Thais. The opposite in fact. The Thais will not even vaccinate westerners with vaccines invented in the West!

A good example of Thai selfishness is the car trying to enter a main road from a side road. A Thai will not give way and allow the car on to the main road.

Another example, a person, Thai or foreigner, trying to cross the road on a pedestrian crossing, while the walk sign shows. Do the Thais stop? No chance. Their complete dedication for what is good for themselves, prevents them.

• Like 2

So has someone suddenly lifted the lid of the sandbox and found an extra 70000 people hiding under it..

Who is fudging the fiqures in Phuket.

It was my understanding that for the sandbox to go ahead all or nearly all of Phuket had to be vaccinated.

But then again the hierarchy of Phuket are smarter than the average Joe blow.. so they think

• Thanks 1

One hospital in Phuket alone stands to possibly  make over a 154 million baht PROFIT at a buy of 500 THB and sell 1,650 per dose x 134,000 doses- ( based on 67,000  individual attempts to register )  if you were wondering why there wasn't enough Sinovac procured or AZ manufacturing dwindled .. ($4,700,000) BTW, procurement all goes through one agency..

Edited by ChristyS
mistake on sums

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Now we got Samui and all islands lining up for vaccines jumping on sandbox bandwagons. i wonder where all those tourists will travel to after 14 days in paradise? the rest of the country will sooner or later has to go in hard lockdown

Sorry but what? Samui has already been vaccinated with a combination of Sinovac and AstraZeneca.

even one jab of Biontech is not enough against delta,

now Biontech says that there should be a 3rd booster shot after 6 month

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

where all this Moderna coming from, i wonder? There was a pretty clear statement from Zuellig Pharma that it's all booked till the end of the year and i don't think this government procured any already. I think we have better chances to book a Virgin Galactic flight now

My question exactly!  We have been told time and again that no Moderna would be in the country until October.  I registered and paid deposits on my vaccines before, but there have been no Moderna vaccines available until then, according to the government.

How could they be running low on a vaccine that shouldn't be here?

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, Thaiger said:

The crash did not sit well with many who had already found the registration process slow and rife with system failures and an all-around laborious and taxing process.

It can’t be that bad as well over 70% of people in Phuket have been vaccinated …… allegedly!!!!!

1 hour ago, mic said:

1 hour ago, mic said:

100 % success.....??

which treatment does this super doc use ????

Just maybe a troll?

Someone claiming to be a professor might get his punctuation correct for starters, and should support his claim as per FG's.