Vietnam issues final extension of stay for stranded travellers

Thaiger

Foreign nationals who’ve been stranded in Vietnam can now avail of an automatic final extension of stay issued by the country’s Immigration Department. The automatic extension allows foreigners who arrived on visa waivers, e-visas, and tourist visas from March 1, 2020, to remain in Vietnam until July 31 and to depart the country without applying for an extension of stay. The stipulation also applies to foreign nationals who arrived in Vietnam prior to March 1, 2020. However, in this instance, travellers must provide evidence that they became stranded in the country as a result of the pandemic. According to a […]

The post Vietnam issues final extension of stay for stranded travellers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Welcome to Vietnam, now time to get out.

I love Vietnam and going there and have a lot of VN friends there from over the years, but there is a clamp down of not wanting travelers to stay long time or retire there anymore. But after just looking now I see one service I used to use still has a 1 yr multiple for USA. I will be back!

Edited by HolyCowCm
  • Like 1

That's good news. Should be enough time for them to make reasonable arrangements to get back to their home countries and get vaccinated. Hopefully Delta will recede somewhat and most of the S.E. Asian countries will start to open back up for the fully vaccinated by October.

I hope to spend a few months in Vietnam next year, terrific country, but worry that their harsh reaction to the pandemic will simply mean they are going to waste 2022 dealing with the same waves that the West has been struggling with since March 2020 and that Thailand is now belatedly experiencing. You cannot stop a pandemic, you can only delay it.

9 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

That's good news. Should be enough time for them to make reasonable arrangements to get back to their home countries and get vaccinated. Hopefully Delta will recede somewhat and most of the S.E. Asian countries will start to open back up for the fully vaccinated by October.

I hope to spend a few months in Vietnam next year, terrific country, but worry that their harsh reaction to the pandemic will simply mean they are going to waste 2022 dealing with the same waves that the West has been struggling with since March 2020 and that Thailand is now belatedly experiencing. You cannot stop a pandemic, you can only delay it.

Me too, but not holding my breathe on being able to go there anytime soon, only holding it when when I pass a sneezing person here nowadays. : )

• Like 1

Will Thai officials be this brave. Let’s run a poll. Plenty of planes from the sandpits will be able to take them home. Are they now really stranded? What would be the best excuses at the immigration office? Most of their home countries would be able to give them a jab quicker than what’s available to them here.