Good Morning Thailand | Ask Tim and Sumi ANYTHING, lockdown and Covid update with Caitlin

Thaiger

Today Tim and Sumi try to answer all or at least most of your questions. The latest lockdown and covid situation in Bangkok with Caitlin. Welcome to Day 2 of our LIVE broadcast @ The Intercontinental Phuket Resort, Kamala. Drop in and say hello! Worst daily numbers announced for the past 24 hours. To contact Bernard, click the link below… https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007838478464

The post Good Morning Thailand | Ask Tim and Sumi ANYTHING, lockdown and Covid update with Caitlin appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hello from Australia, I have friends who live and work in Bangkok the are from Lao and are working illegally in BKK.

how can they receive a covid vaccination without getting into trouble with the police. There are 10s of thousands in BKK alone working illegally. Is there an answer ?

Hello from Chiang Dao. Next friday, I will have to fly from Chiang Mai to Bangkok to catch an international flight. Do you think this will work just fine or will the domestic air traffic come to a stop?

Tim,

You are exactly correct, mask wearing in the USA has very much become a political issue, not a health issue, as is getting or not getting vaccinated.  It is truly sickening how politics has crept into almost all areas of life here in America.  

Kevin Tanner

Praying the covid restrictions go away soon. 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, Henk said:

Hello from Australia, I have friends who live and work in Bangkok the are from Lao and are working illegally in BKK.

how can they receive a covid vaccination without getting into trouble with the police. There are 10s of thousands in BKK alone working illegally. Is there an answer ?

No, there is no answer to this because there is no proper registration of migrant workers, legal or otherwise, in Thailand. But if they’re young and healthy it’s unlikely they’ll fall seriously ill even if they do contract covid-19. In fact there’s a good chance they’ll be completely asymptomatic and won’t even know they’ve had it. They’re far more at risk of being hospitalized with terrible injuries (or dying) whilst riding a motorbike on Thailand’s roads than anything that covid might give them. 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, Henk said:

Wow Bill is really putting a thick coat of lipstick on the pig. To consider the Phuket model a success you have to really lower the bar. Pretty much limit the definition to can you bring any number of tourists and not have them overwhelm the general population with infection. Of course bringing in tested and vaccinated tourists was never going going to be a major problem to begin with. Certainly the numbers alone would argue against it being a success. Four thousand total to date is nothing compared to the lowest projection of 1,100 per day. The tourist infection rate of 1.5% is three times what Hawaii was getting and they were only testing. Also the comparison to the UK or USA is a red herring at best. Besides the fact Thailand isn’t doing nearly enough testing to make the comparison fair in any manner. At least in the US the rise in infection is pretty well centered on those who refuse to be vaccinated (for whatever stupid reason). It’s not apples to apples. Thailand doesn’t really look better unless that’s all you want to see. 

• Like 2

Hi Tim. At the beginning of the Good Morning Thailand show, I really enjoyed your sarcastic and ironic comments pointing out the inconsistencies and the contradictions and failures of the authorities, and it was great opposition to Bill's pro-sandbox standpoints. As time went by the show shifted towards a much softer tone towards the unpreparedness of this sandbox model. I'm not against the sandbox as I don't think the fully vaccinated and overpriced and heavily tested tourists-expats are posing a greater risk than unvaccinated locals with a PCR test no older than 7 days. This seven-day rule is absurd. Just as absurd as the poor German lady who was left alone finding herself the Asq facility, but hey she got the flowery fruit bucket at least. It's also kinda absurd that the most expensive "boutique" airlines also known as Bangkok Airways are suspending almost all their domestic flights including BKK-HKT for preventive measures but happily flying to Samui from Bangkok 2+3 times a day. Two regular "preventive" flights and 3 sealed flights. Is it possible to going back to yourself by pointing out the problems (newsworthy), and let the others parroting the propaganda?  Regards. :)

Bonjour, Is it possible to arrive from Europe (in my case France) in Bangkok and then purchase a flight ticket to one of the "sandbox island" to benefit of the "better" sandbox rules at the planned time of arrival (in my case mid-November). This will allow to stay directly in Bangkok if Thailand is fully open in November or to choose a different location : Phuket Sandbox, Samui+, etc.. depending of the situation. What are the immigration rules when arriving in Bangkok ? 

I am still confused about why this woman had to go to full ASQ quarantine.  Nothing was mentioned about this in the weeks before the sandbox opened- at least not that I remember.  So what if someone on the flight was covid positive? She was fully vaxxed with a legit vaccine, had negative covid tests both before AND after the flight, so there is no risk at all of her spreading the disease.  

Sounds like some jobsworth at TAT is making things up on the fly.   This is the same way Cambodia was dealing with inbound flights. If ANYONE on the flight tested positive, the entire flight gets quarantined. But at least Cambodia was upfront about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeerIsLife said:

If ANYONE on the flight tested positive, the entire flight gets quarantined. But at least Cambodia was upfront about it.

The rules for the Phuket Sandbox written like the small print in an insurance policy.

Hi there,

I am dismayed at the Thaiger's lack of critical reporting. You don't have to be an "investigative journalist" to look under the surface of this political theater. Covid is NOT a medical problem, but a political. Just look at the fact, that
1. during the swine-flu and avian-flu not global pandemic was declared.
2. PCR tests are notoriously unreliable, i.e. if they test for under 30 cycles (as recommended by the WHO the positive would be much lower than over 30 or 35 cycles. The quick tests are nothing more than a coin toss.
3. The number of positives is impossible - a daily discovery of, say, 5000 would mean, say at least 10-30000 test. PCR tests need specialized equipment and highly trained medical technicians (WHO), how many labs and those personnel is available, considering a thorough test takes at leat 2 days. (that pre-negative tested arrivals test postiv on arrival is further telling.
4. Covid-19 is a flu virus. In Germany i.e. in 2017 (the strongest flu) the "above death rate" was 27.000. In 2020 (global pandemic was declared) this death rate was 25.000!
States in the US and nations without masks and lockdowns have LOWER death rates than those with those useless measures. Look at the group photo from the world leaders at the G27 summit in England - not a single head of state (incl. Queen Elisabeth) wore masks. Look at the football stadia of the European Cup - not a single mask!
5. Remember the government, that the virus got neither a watch, nor a calendar, making curfews a joke.
Lastly, nobody ever produced a single image of the Corona virus - how could they identify a Delta variant.

All that is common sense w/o a PhD in Medicine and government measures need to be at least questioned.
Lastly, there is not a single word of warning over the potentially deadly concoction and long term effect of the mRNA vaccines. The death rate and serious side effects can be googled on the website of the US CDC.

I think you bear some responsibility not just to blow the governments horn.
becky

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jean-Luc said:

Bonjour, Is it possible to arrive from Europe (in my case France) in Bangkok and then purchase a flight ticket to one of the "sandbox island" to benefit of the "better" sandbox rules at the planned time of arrival (in my case mid-November). This will allow to stay directly in Bangkok if Thailand is fully open in November or to choose a different location : Phuket Sandbox, Samui+, etc.. depending of the situation. What are the immigration rules when arriving in Bangkok ? 

Hi Jean,

I don't know on what color France is.
For now Phuket doesn't simplify your arrival if you first went to Bangkok it will mostlikely be harder if you did.

Bangkok you will be limited to a ASQ/ALQ for as far as I know.
Phuket your only limited to 14 days in-side Phuket but only the first 24 hours your hotel bound. After this you can room around Phuket freely like the German lady was doing on her scooter.
Samui+ doesn't appear to be too 'peachy' it has the requirement to stay in a special hotel during your whole stay in Samui - even if this is 6 months. There's no 14 days in a special hotel and afterwards free to-do whatever you like.

There's too much unknown we might even had back to a full blown lockdown if the situation in the north isn't contained properly as is the Delta variant whom is now shown in Phuket.

Thank you Shark for the feedback. The idea was to buy a ticket to Bangkok and on arrival (not leaving the airport) purchasing a ticket to Phuket, Samui or any new "sandbox" location. I don't know if it is allowed by the immigration ? 

14 minutes ago, Jean-Luc said:

Thank you Shark for the feedback. The idea was to buy a ticket to Bangkok and on arrival (not leaving the airport) purchasing a ticket to Phuket, Samui or any new "sandbox" location. I don't know if it is allowed by the immigration ? 

Hi Jean-Luc,

Howcome you don't just buy a ticket to Phuket instead of going to Bkk first ?

I would anyway :)

2 hours ago, becky said:

Hi there,

I am dismayed at the Thaiger's lack of critical reporting. You don't have to be an "investigative journalist" to look under the surface of this political theater. Covid is NOT a medical problem, but a political. Just look at the fact, that
2. PCR tests are notoriously unreliable, i.e. if they test for under 30 cycles (as recommended by the WHO the positive would be much lower than over 30 or 35 cycles. The quick tests are nothing more than a coin toss.
3. The number of positives is impossible - a daily discovery of, say, 5000 would mean, say at least 10-30000 test. PCR tests need specialized equipment and highly trained medical technicians (WHO), how many labs and those personnel is available, considering a thorough test takes at leat 2 days. (that pre-negative tested arrivals test postiv on arrival is further telling.
4. Covid-19 is a flu virus. In Germany i.e. in 2017 (the strongest flu) the "above death rate" was 27.000. In 2020 (global pandemic was declared) this death rate was 25.000!
States in the US and nations without masks and lockdowns have LOWER death rates than those with those useless measures. Look at the group photo from the world leaders at the G27 summit in England - not a single head of state (incl. Queen Elisabeth) wore masks. Look at the football stadia of the European Cup - not a single mask!
5. Remember the government, that the virus got neither a watch, nor a calendar, making curfews a joke.
Lastly, nobody ever produced a single image of the Corona virus - how could they identify a Delta variant.

All that is common sense w/o a PhD in Medicine and government measures need to be at least questioned.
Lastly, there is not a single word of warning over the potentially deadly concoction and long term effect of the mRNA vaccines. The death rate and serious side effects can be googled on the website of the US CDC.

becky

I could offer a number of comments here regarding your various statements, however I feel we wouldn’t agree. I will therefore comment on just one of your points and say that I could make similar comments to the rest of your post. 

Regarding the G7 (Think that’s what you meant). All of the leaders in attendance will have been fully vaccinated as well as Queen Elizabeth. It is therefore in necessary in such a group of people to wear masks unless you are in close contact with people who are not vaccinated. Once the world is vaccinated these rules will go away. Elsewhere at that meeting, security staff and venue staff were wearing masks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I could offer a number of comments here regarding your various statements, however I feel we wouldn’t agree. I will therefore comment on just one of your points and say that I could make similar comments to the rest of your post. 

Regarding the G7 (Think that’s what you meant). All of the leaders in attendance will have been fully vaccinated as well as Queen Elizabeth. It is therefore in necessary in such a group of people to wear masks unless you are in close contact with people who are not vaccinated. Once the world is vaccinated these rules will go away. Elsewhere at that meeting, security staff and venue staff were wearing masks. 

So you still believe in spite of all the evidence to the contrary that when fully vaccinated you cannot get infected and you cannot spread it.  It must be hard for you to be confronted every day with new infections in the fully vaccinated cohort...  Oh yes, I forgot that's the 'variants' but of course the G7 bojos are made of teflon and immune to those variants so no need for them to mask up or SD. 

2 hours ago, becky said:

Hi there,

becky

Hi @becky , fully agree with your analysis.  Except that we should not blame the Thaiger and surely not the Forum moderators, as this Forum at least allows an open discussion on the issues.  Your post would have resulted in an immediate ban on the 'other Forum' were any post deviating from the common government-endorsed narrative on covid is actively suppressed. 

13 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

So you still believe in spite of all the evidence to the contrary that when fully vaccinated you cannot get infected and you cannot spread it.  It must be hard for you to be confronted every day with new infections in the fully vaccinated cohort...  Oh yes, I forgot that's the 'variants' but of course the G7 bojos are made of teflon and immune to those variants so no need for them to mask up or SD. 

No not at all. In fact just the opposite. Once vaccinated you can still catch it. You can still pass it on to other people. However, and this is the important part, you have a very small chance of needing hospitalisation or death. And so, once people are vaccinated life can return to normal. We will still have thousands (millions) catching Covid each year and thousands (hundreds of thousands dying) each year. But it’s a manageable number and just one of the many virus and diseases humanity lives with each year. Mask wearing is only needed when the population is largely unvaccinated. 

So let’s be clear about this. 
When you are vaccinated, you can still catch it. You can still infect others. And you can still die from it. It’s just your chances are much reduced. Hope that clear up any confusion. 

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Hi @becky , fully agree with your analysis.  Except that we should not blame the Thaiger and surely not the Forum moderators, as this Forum at least allows an open discussion on the issues.  Your post would have resulted in an immediate ban on the 'other Forum' were any post deviating from the common government-endorsed narrative on covid is actively suppressed. 

We'll never agree on covid BS (did you realise what an abbreviation of your avatar is) but I like the cut of your jib ! Who were you on TVF if you don't mind me asking PM me ! Our paths may have crossed before. 

3 hours ago, becky said:

Hi there,

becky

Neither were declared as pandemics because they never reached anything like the critical mass or thresholds required for the definition of pandemics.

4. Covid-19 is a flu virus.

Incorrect. SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus. NOT a flu. Different family, different mode of operation and structure of the virus.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean-Luc said:

I think you need to pre-book the whole trip. You don't go and buy a ticket in Bangkok to go-to Phuket or Samui or whatever you then think of.

The only way getting in-to Thailand is through a quarantine and the sandbox is the best and easiest form it appears. This includes a pre-booked flight program.

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

We'll never agree on covid BS (did you realise what an abbreviation of your avatar is) but I like the cut of your jib ! Who were you on TVF if you don't mind me asking PM me ! Our paths may have crossed before. 

Yes, I like the occasional BS-ing (you will see that I am quite active posting cartoons in the Joke threads).  I never made a secret of my identity - why should I -  when you click on my Blue Sphinx avatar and in the About Me in my Profile I wrote:

About Me

Hi, my name is Peter Denis.

I am a 63 year old Belgian, living now almost 4 years with my lovely girlfriend Pranee in KhunHan, a small provincial town in SiSaKet province.

= = = = =

I was active on the TV Forum under my real name, but used the same Avatar - BlueSphinx (from an aquarel by Folon, titled 'L'etranger' - the stranger).

9 hours ago, Leeshard said:

o, there is no answer to this because there is no proper registration of migrant workers, legal or otherwise, in Thailand.

Sorry, but while there's nothing they can do as they're illigal that's very incorrect.

Migrant workers who are legal are fully registered and fully entitled to vaccinations, medical cover, social security and so on, and there was a major amnesty this year with hundreds of thousands of new registrations.

Very widely reported, including here.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:31 AM, BlueSphinx said:

you still believe in spite of all the evidence to the contrary that when fully vaccinated you cannot get infected and you cannot spread it

I hate to say it in his defence, but that's a complete distortion and total misrepresentation of what @Soidog said, which has to put a rather large question mark over anything you say.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:15 AM, BlueSphinx said:

About Me

Hi, my name is Peter Denis.

I am a 63 year old Belgian, living now almost 4 years with my lovely girlfriend Pranee in KhunHan, a small provincial town in SiSaKet province.

So you say, but anyone could say that as this is the internet! 

I recall someone posting using Tim Newton's alias, complete with his avatar!

In this case Stonker all the About Me details by BlueSphinx is accurate and correct

4 hours ago, TimothyN said:

Neither were declared as pandemics because they never reached anything like the critical mass or thresholds required for the definition of pandemics.

4. Covid-19 is a flu virus.

Incorrect. SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus. NOT a flu. Different family, different mode of operation and structure of the virus.

Not just 1 and 4, but the whole lot are just totally wrong, down to the tedious old chestnut of "nobody ever produced a single image of the Corona virus" when you can find hundreds of them with a search that takes a few seconds on Google, with links given here countless times.