Thursday Covid Update: Record high of 75 deaths; new infections in all 77 provinces

Thaiger

A record high of 75 Covid-related deaths was reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 2,462. An uptick of 7,058 new Covid-19 infections was recorded today with new cases in all of Thailand’s 77 provinces. The latest and most severe wave of the virus continues to rise due to the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has reported a total of 308,230. The latest and most severe wave of the virus, first recorded on April 1, accounted for 279,367 of […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: Record high of 75 deaths; new infections in all 77 provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What is the logic for providing specific numbers of people held in prison? I know there was a problem several weeks ago with many cases detected there. But why keep doing it? Inscrutable people the Thais. 

Just now, Soidog said:

What is the logic for providing specific numbers of people held in prison? I know there was a problem several weeks ago with many cases detected there. But why keep doing it? Inscrutable people the Thais. 

I think with this government they consider prisoners and illegal labour as sub human so hence should not be considered as part of the general population.

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

I think with this government they consider prisoners and illegal labour as sub human so hence should not be considered as part of the general population.

Oh ok, by that reckoning I’ll expect a breakdown of the number of foreigners who are infected soon then! I can see the headlines now “Dutch National first case to die of Covid in Phuket”. 

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Oh ok, by that reckoning I’ll expect a breakdown of the number of foreigners who are infected soon then! I can see the headlines now “Dutch National first case to die of Covid in Phuket”. 

Never will happen as he will be tossed into the street so he can be run over by a pick-up, thus death was a traffic accident. Stranger things have happened, well in Argentina anyway, well actually they used helicopters but as the Thai armed forces are not into maintenance  I used pick-ups as the most practical solution 555

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I understand the infection rates in prison were very high. My guess would be that if you have a prison in say Chonburi province with 1000 cases, it reflects badly on the provincial numbers. So if you have 100 non-prison infections in the same province, transfer the prison cases to another cohort, and then you can say, "Chonburi only has 100 cases".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gummy said:

You would figure that there wouldn’t be anymore inmates to get infected by now. And for some it is not considered sub human if you are convicted in another country and have a dubious degree. As it looks, this is the way to get a promotion.