PM calls for urgent meeting, expected to discuss “lockdown” measures

Thaiger

9 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

How do you plan to keep vaccinating people under lockdown conditions? Question 2, looking at the baht/usd exchange rate chart, do you have any money left for any kind of lockdown? 

Thailand has some US$250 billion in foreign reserves. They're sitting on a pile of cash bigger than the UK or Mexico and almost as large as Germany's (https://www.statista.com/statistics/247231/currency-reserves-of-selected-countries/)

8 hours ago, ENIGMA said:

It seems unfortunate that the current administration spent a year treading water on Covid. Surely there were lessons to be learnt from high density cities similar to Bangkok. Now Thailand has got to the sticky end and the plan seems bumbling and stumbling. 

I think they handled COVID pretty much perfectly during 2020 and Q1 2021. Just look at the numbers. But they thought that success would hold in the long-term and they never planned out the end game beyond a trickle of vaccines. They are now in a place where they've lost social control and credibility - those HiSo MF'ers from Thong Lor and Ekkamai should have been used as examples - and they still don't have any non-Kool-Ade vaccines in the pipeline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All it takes to end this mess is to go back to normal.  Not a new normal, simply normal.  After this long and all the data avaiailbe how anyone believes that a vax is necessary or masks do anything is beyond comprehension.  You really think the government or big pharma have your best interest at heart?  

I live in the US and luckily where i am at I have been able to avoid the brunt of this BS from the beginning.  Nobody here is dying in the streets, nor has there been an uptick in deaths, hospital stays etc.  Wake up people, this is all fear mongering and nothing more. 

• Angry 1

7 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Yes, of course how could I be so gullible?  Those anonymous fact-checkers are far more credible than scientists that spent their whole career researching the subject, and are now putting their career and reputation at risk by spouting nonsense about the risks they perceive. 

The typical 'fast internet' reflex, instead of listening to what the real experts are telling us and making up your mind on the strengths of their arguments, it is easier to google an anonymous fact-checker with no credentials to have the common narrative confirmed.  When you have a good memory, your belief in these fact-checkers should have been well eroded by now as many of their 'False' claims have in mean time been proven to be fully accurate.  But none so blind or deaf, as those that don't want to see or hear.

You mean the scientists who lose their funding if they go against the government/big pharma narrative?   People will believe anything if you make their paycheck dependent on it.  

7 hours ago, Smithydog said:

To sum the argument up….

If I get Covid-19 without the vaccine, I could catch the virus off someone else, be asymptomatic, have a slight cold like effect and lose my sense of taste, have the equivalent of or suffer a bad flu and go onto a respirator and might pass it onto my family. I may even die from the virus effects.

If I get Covid-19 with the vaccine, I am less likely to catch the virus of someone else, might be asymptomatic, have a slight cold like effect and lose my sense of taste, have the equivalent of or suffer a bad flu and still pass it on to my family. I may even die from the side effects of the vaccine.

Or I might get killed in a plane accident, my heart stop beating from a scary movie, get hit by a meteorite or one of the thousand other reasons that could kill me. It’s just life. Chill out when you are debating back and forth and stress less. You all have good and bad points!

It is why the virus wins….it has a simple one-track mind. Humans over complicate things.

Think I will go to the jokes section of the forum to chill while living in my cave here......

The key thing your summary misses is that with the vaccine you are less likely to catch the virus and far less likely to need hospital treatment. Assuming you have no underlying health conditions and a healthy weight,  you have an almost zero chance of dying from the virus. You are also less likely to pass the virus on to other people. This is why it’s the right thing to have the vaccine. It protects you from serious illness and protects others around you. Get your jabs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

All it takes to end this mess is to go back to normal.  Not a new normal, simply normal.  After this long and all the data avaiailbe how anyone believes that a vax is necessary or masks do anything is beyond comprehension.  You really think the government or big pharma have your best interest at heart?  

I live in the US and luckily where i am at I have been able to avoid the brunt of this BS from the beginning.  Nobody here is dying in the streets, nor has there been an uptick in deaths, hospital stays etc.  Wake up people, this is all fear mongering and nothing more. 

I’ll say one thing. You are indeed more scary than the Covid virus. It beggars belief that such views exit. I can buy and even support suggestions that the big Pharma companies are in it for profit and little else. But to suggest this pandemic has been nothing more than fear mongering is contemptible 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

The key thing your summary misses is that with the vaccine you are less likely to catch the virus and far less likely to need hospital treatment. Assuming you have no underlying health conditions and a healthy weight,  you have an almost zero chance of dying from the virus. You are also less likely to pass the virus on to other people. This is why it’s the right thing to have the vaccine. It protects you from serious illness and protects others around you. Get your jabs. 

Sorry @Soidog, but the 'Get your jabs' catch-phrase as an across the board solution for everybody is utterly simplistic and dangerous nonsense.

Whether you take the jab has to be an individual case-by-case decision and should be based on 'informed consent', i.e. being well aware of the risks/benefits for your situation so that you can take an informed decision.

Getting the jab might be the right decision for an elderly person that is not in good health (e.g. obese, diabetic, other underlying conditions) who would indeed be at great risk for hospitalization/death when he catches it.  But what about:

# those that got it already and recovered (and now have natural antibodies which provide far superior protection against covid than the experimental jab);

# children and young adults, who are at almost ZERO risk of suffering any adverse effects from being infected, and in many cases will not even know that they got it - coercing or forcing them into taking an experimental jab with unknown long-term consequences is imo a medical crime;

# pregnant women (yes, the latest target-group of the vax sociopaths), where data show that more than half of them will lose their unborn by a spontaneous abortion as a result of that 'effective an 100% safe' jab.

Protect the vulnerable and provide easy access to proven, effective and harmless remedies (like ivermectin) to all others.  That obvious common sense approach is drowned and actively supressed by the Big Pharma propaganda of 'the only solution is having everybody vaccinated' (their billion dollar cashcow). 

Talk about missing the boat! Ha.... All the while the government was preoccupied with foreign threat of COVID and put in place requirements like 14 day quarantine, requiring 1,000,000 insurance policies and Certificate of Entry etc., Thai people are infecting each other because vaccinations are horribly slow! Ask any average citizen that watches medical briefing knows that 'TIME' is of the essence as the vaccine mutates! So either Thai scientists are very poor OR government leaders are ignoring their advice! This ineffective leadership will cost Thailand dearly! If there is any honor some in the leadership should resign!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Sorry @Soidog, but the 'Get your jabs' catch-phrase as an across the board solution for everybody is utterly simplistic and dangerous nonsense.

Whether you take the jab has to be an individual case-by-case decision and should be based on 'informed consent', i.e. being well aware of the risks/benefits for your situation so that you can take an informed decision.

Getting the jab might be the right decision for an elderly person that is not in good health (e.g. obese, diabetic, other underlying conditions) who would indeed be at great risk for hospitalization/death when he catches it.  But what about:

# those that got it already and recovered (and now have natural antibodies which provide far superior protection against covid than the experimental jab);

# children and young adults, who are at almost ZERO risk of suffering any adverse effects from being infected, and in many cases will not even know that they got it - coercing or forcing them into taking an experimental jab with unknown long-term consequences is imo a medical crime;

# pregnant women (yes, the latest target-group of the vax sociopaths), where data show that more than half of them will lose their unborn by a spontaneous abortion as a result of that 'effective an 100% safe' jab.

Protect the vulnerable and provide easy access to proven, effective and harmless remedies (like ivermectin) to all others.  That obvious common sense approach is drowned and actively supressed by the Big Pharma propaganda of 'the only solution is having everybody vaccinated' (their billion dollar cashcow). 

Blue Sphinx...its so good to see someone in this country that has some common sense. 

I can testify that Ivermectin helped my friend recently recover from COVID-19 and lung infection in Oman. She was not doing well, constantly on oxygen. Her daughter got her the ivermectin from the vet. The hospital said it wouldn't do anything....then within a day of her taking it she became noticeably better. She got off the oxygen and was discharged from the hospital. As soon as she began to recover, the other doctors in the hospital came to ask her about ivermectin! It seems that they were curious about her dosage, and how well she improved. 

People have no idea what are in these "Vaccines" (they are not vaccines, but experimental gene therapy"). The graphene oxide, sm-102, Mrna, spike proteins, etc are wreaking havoc on people's immune systems. Healthy, young people are becoming deaf, blind, having strokes, having severe neurological problems, mydocarditis, menstrual issues and many other issues. I have assembled hundreds of examples of these adverse reactions. The people that had these reactions were not given informed consent. This is why these are under "emergency use authorization". Vaccines generally take 5-7 years to develop, and only 2% ever make it to market. 

If the experimental gene therapy is so safe, why have thousands of people died from it on the VAERS reporting system? 

If it's so safe, why do people have to sign a waiver releasing the manufacturer from any liability?

And the last point - If the vaccinated fear the unvaccinated, then they must feel that the vaccine is not effective, otherwise what effect would an unvaccinated person have on it?

It's good to know that some people residing in this country have some critical thinking skills.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, resetamy said:

Blue Sphinx...its so good to see someone in this country that has some common sense. 

I can testify that Ivermectin helped my friend recently recover from COVID-19 and lung infection in Oman. She was not doing well, constantly on oxygen. Her daughter got her the ivermectin from the vet. The hospital said it wouldn't do anything....then within a day of her taking it she became noticeably better. She got off the oxygen and was discharged from the hospital. As soon as she began to recover, the other doctors in the hospital came to ask her about ivermectin! It seems that they were curious about her dosage, and how well she improved. 

People have no idea what are in these "Vaccines" (they are not vaccines, but experimental gene therapy"). The graphene oxide, sm-102, Mrna, spike proteins, etc are wreaking havoc on people's immune systems. Healthy, young people are becoming deaf, blind, having strokes, having severe neurological problems, mydocarditis, menstrual issues and many other issues. I have assembled hundreds of examples of these adverse reactions. The people that had these reactions were not given informed consent. This is why these are under "emergency use authorization". Vaccines generally take 5-7 years to develop, and only 2% ever make it to market. 

If the experimental gene therapy is so safe, why have thousands of people died from it on the VAERS reporting system? 

If it's so safe, why do people have to sign a waiver releasing the manufacturer from any liability?

And the last point - If the vaccinated fear the unvaccinated, then they must feel that the vaccine is not effective, otherwise what effect would an unvaccinated person have on it?

It's good to know that some people residing in this country have some critical thinking skills.  

My vote is still out on the matter, but I do have a friend in the USA whose dad is in an old folks home and contracted CV-19 then received hydroxychloroquine and made a full recovery. Had existing conditions as well as being in his 80's. Consequently my friend is avidly against the jab and is in later 50's.

Edited by HolyCowCm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, resetamy said:

I can testify that Ivermectin helped my friend recently recover from COVID-19 and lung infection in Oman.

People have no idea what are in these "Vaccines" (they are not vaccines, but experimental gene therapy").

Hi @resetamy - thank you for sharing that info!  And glad that you appreciated my contributions re covid on this Forum (much more to come).

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

For sure Soidog. Personally I have decided to get the vaccine. The point I was trying to highlight, not very well it seems (and with a bit of attempt at humour), was that in summing up the arguments for both cases, they aren't that different.

You have to make your own personal choice (if allowed as some cannot) and not regret it later. That is for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

For sure Soidog. Personally I have decided to get the vaccine. The point I was trying to highlight, not very well it seems (and with a bit of attempt at humour), was that in summing up the arguments for both cases, they aren't that different.

You have to make your own personal choice (if allowed as some cannot) and not regret it later. That is for sure.

Yes for sure. Totally agree and sorry I missed the humour. Something that happens far too often on these forums. ??

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JamesE said:

Thailand has some US$250 billion in foreign reserves.

And allowing a lot of Thais to suffer or die during this period. The government could do better, but I suppose their goal is to build their submarine fleet.

• Like 1