Man believes prostitute pickpocketed him in Pattaya

Thaiger

On 7/8/2021 at 10:18 PM, PapayaBokBok said:

As i walked away i noticed there was 500 bt missing from my pocket, which is the max

I take out of atms now..that was 2008.. more!

Are you serious? Last time I used an ATM there, there was a 300 THB flat rate charge on foreign bank cards.

By the time you've drawn 2k, you've lost 1200 more protecting it. For that you can rent a safety box for three months in Pattaya.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, PatrickSatoLee said:

"Thomas adds, for some reason, that woman who stole from him was not transgender."

Asking for a friend,  is that why the exchange sexual intercourse for an undisclosed amount of money was refused ???

"Pattaya police consider catching the suspected prostitute (or streetwalker, nightwalker, or sometimes, cocotte) is a priority because the crime could tarnish the good image of Pattaya, which tourists and foreign hold in high esteem. "

Asking for a friend, again, good image of Pattaya ???

Not trans gender? This is a worrying turn of events.

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Are you serious? Last time I used an ATM there, there was a 300 THB flat rate charge on foreign bank cards.

By the time you've drawn 2k, you've lost 1200 more protecting it. For that you can rent a safety box for three months in Pattaya.

The last time I used mine at a Bangkok bank atm it was 250 

• Thanks 1

Even in the most desolate and desperate of times, some things are constant. 

Fortunately, with the suspension of the ferry service, the good and law abiding citizens of Hua Hin are safe from the perils of Pattaya's marauding  "women" in sexy dresses. 

23 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Now you mention it, I actually think I might have paid 150.  It's a long time since I used an ATM in Pattaya, as I resent the charge, and why 150 makes sense is that it would have been when the rate was 50 to €1, thus making the charge €3 and my mind has converted this to 300.

But quite apart from resenting the charge, which would now be about €6.60, I bring cash so that my wife cannot track how much I spend. Apart from the money we agree with each other, I have a secret slushfund.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

agreed. the fees are insane. I was lucky enough to have worked in LOS so I have a bank of bkk account. I bring a few 1000 in my zipped pocket when I come back and drop it in my account and use the debit card

So no fees.....some banks also I heard refund these if dont have a bank there ...Charles Schwab in US-FTFs

Or prior to that they used to have japanese atms that didnt have fees but of course thais got rid of those.

One of the less painful ways was to dress nice go into a bank and ask nicely for lump sum, the lady said use the atm but I said it wouldnt let me take out the large amount I needed, so she used my debit card, fee free

But then you are carrying that cash..where a safety box would be good

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeW said:

Im lucky to have a thai bank now...def helps

Edited by PapayaBokBok
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

agreed. the fees are insane. I was lucky enough to have worked in LOS so I have a bank of bkk account. I bring a few 1000 in my zipped pocket when I come back and drop it in my account and use the debit card

So no fees.....some banks also I heard refund these if dont have a bank there ...Charles Schwab in US-FTFs

Or prior to that they used to have japanese atms that didnt have fees but of course thais got rid of those.

One of the less painful ways was to dress nice go into a bank and ask nicely for lump sum, the lady said use the atm but I said it wouldnt let me take out the large amount I needed, so she used my debit card, fee free

But then you are carrying that cash..where a safety box would be good

Personally, I rely on the hotel room safe and the safety box at recep with that being the main bulk of my cash. I also have a debit card which is always with me, but that is strictly for emergency use. On occasion, I have run out of cash when the final checkbin has arrived, and I don't think staff would be too happy to accompany me to my hotel.

One thing I found in Pattaya, was that once a bar got to know you, most were happy to extend credit to you.

I still can't get over the post that gave rise to this. If he is drawing 500 at a time, how many times must he be be going to the ATM each day paying the flat fee. Yet another point is that apart from the flat fee, these machines are owned by banks and you get a lower rate from them, than you get from the independents. I always use TT Exchange in Pattaya, and looking at their site, they are currently offering 38.48 per €. The current mid market rate as of Friday's close was 38.73. But I'd be lucky to get 37 at home. That's a 4% difference.

Walking by himself through Pattaya "to relax."  Well played sir!  He might have been drinking beers because he was dehydrated or talking with the prostitute because he had become lost and needed directions.