Certificates of Entry-Thailand

The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration announced the extension of the quarantine period for all arrivals beginning May 1, 2021.  Until further notice, all arrivals who hold Certificates of Entry  issued on or later than May 1, 2021 will be required to undergo quarantine for 14 days regardless of their nationality or vaccination status.  Travelers who obtained their Certificates of Entry prior to May 1, 2021 and arrive before May 6, 2021 will be quarantined for 7 or 10 days depending on their vaccination status.  Also, Thailand has suspended the issuing of Certificates of Entry for non-Thai nationals traveling from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh until further notice.

• 1 month later...

The following website https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/, does not include options to travel for the Phuket Sandbox. Even if someone wanted to arrive on July 1, I don't see how they could apply and receive a COE. Am I missing something? I intend to travel to Phuket in August and really do not want to quarantine locked in a hotel room again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonR said:

Even if someone wanted to arrive on July 1, I don't see how they could apply and receive a COE. Am I missing something? I intend to travel to Phuket in August and really do not want to quarantine locked in a hotel room again. 

I thought the date had already been moved to August 1 because July 1 was not going to work?
I would be careful about making plans. There's a good chance that August 1 won't work either.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

23 hours ago, JonR said:

The following website https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/, does not include options to travel for the Phuket Sandbox. Even if someone wanted to arrive on July 1, I don't see how they could apply and receive a COE. Am I missing something? I intend to travel to Phuket in August and really do not want to quarantine locked in a hotel room again. 

As far as I know you will not be able to apply for the phuket sandbox until it is made official.

It is quite ridiculous that it is still not in place. I doubt any substantial numbers will arrive for the phuket sandbox in the first few weeks, but hopefully by August (fingers crossed) things should move in to some kind of predictabilty.

• Like 1

Thailand is desperate to open (and make money) but I fear they might get this all very wrong and end up shutting things down again. I hope I am wrong - but they are very disorganised and inconsistent in all this - and it could all come very unstuck very quickly.  Everyone wants to jump on the Phuket bandwagon - but they must control it properly - I fear they are going too fast too soon (like those young Thais on their new bikes who often end up in serious trouble). 

• Like 1