The best smartphones you should consider buying in 2021

Thaiger

In 2021, buying the right phone for you means finding something that can last you a few years. The smartphone world is highly competitive, with tech giants like Apple and Samsung constantly trying to outdo each other with the most impressive phones. The good news is, the competition gives us numerous great options to choose from at a wide range of prices. However, this also means that buying a new phone can be both exciting and overwhelming. In order to help you find the best smartphone to fit both your needs and budget and ensure that your next purchase won’t […]

The post The best smartphones you should consider buying in 2021 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Samsung Galaxy M51. 7000mAh battery, lasts one day and a half with intense use. IMHO the best quality/price ratio in the market atm.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, uanmak said:

Samsung Galaxy M51. 7000mAh battery, lasts one day and a half with intense use. IMHO the best quality/price ratio in the market atm.

That's a high capacity battery (perhaps I'm living in the past). In January my wife bought a Samsung A71. That has a 4.5Ah battery, so just over half the capacity of yours.

Looking at the review page I see it only refers to battery life in hours. It would be helpful to also list to the battery rating (me having an electronics background).
The last phone doesn't even have a battery life in hours. Oh my mistake, it says the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G  has "a massive battery."

A pet peeve of mine is this 'fad' to refer to battery capacity in mAh (milliamp hours) instead of Ah (Amp hours). The industry standard is to refer to Ah, not mAh (unless it is a very low capacity battery).
As there are 1,000 mA in one Amp, it makes my wife's 4.5Ah battery 4,500mAh - same-same, but not different.

I know why it's being done. It's purely a marketing gimmick to use a larger number, thinking it will make the average consumer think something is more powerful.

Decades ago the same electronics industry instead of quoting audio amplifiers as, say, 100 Watts, instead came up with a much bigger number to sell it: 1,000 Watts PMPO.
PMPO means Peak Maximum Power Output - the maximum it can output, for perhaps nearly half a second. Exactly the same amplifier, but a bigger number to bullsh!t the consumer.

Rant over!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Looking at the review page I see it only refers to battery life in hours. It would be helpful to also list to the battery rating (me having an electronics background).

Sorry I can't help on this specific point. However, my M51 lasts, on average, from the morning up to the evening of the next day without charging. I bought it only for that reason, as to me they are all the same for what I need. Got an offer months ago at 8k on lazada. Quite happy and no loss of capacity observed up to now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, uanmak said:

Sorry I can't help on this specific point. However, my M51 lasts, on average, from the morning up to the evening of the next day without charging. I bought it only for that reason, as to me they are all the same for what I need. Got an offer months ago at 8k on lazada. Quite happy and no loss of capacity observed up to now.

No problem.
You already said yours was 7,000mAh (7Ah in real money!), so that's OK.
It was all those listed on the review. Apart from the laughable #8 with "a massive battery"

Switched from Android to the iPhone 12 Pro Max last September.

Turned out to be one of my better decisions, I get so much more done on it.

The Apple Watch, which was a big part of my decision to switch, is extremely handy too. I knew that I wanted it for all the fitness stuff, and that aspect has met my expectations, but the most useful thing is controlling the audio for my Airpods. It is nice to not have to keep fishing my phone out to skip a podcast forward past the ads.

Edited by SickBuffalo

2 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Switched from Android to the iPhone 12 Pro Max last September.

Turned out to be one of my better decisions, I get so much more done on it.

The Apple Watch, which was a big part of my decision to switch, is extremely handy too. I knew that I wanted it for all the fitness stuff, and that aspect has met my expectations, but the most useful thing is controlling the audio for my Airpods. It is nice to not have to keep fishing my phone out to skip a podcast forward past the ads.

'fitness' - with your user name? Perhaps your name needs changing to FitBuffalo?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

For great PRIVACY,

and still a lot of compatibility with all/most apps:

https://calyxos.org/

Is a very secure, open-source version of Android.

It runs on the following hardware (of course, Google cannot spy):

Google:  Pixels 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5, 4a (5G)

Xiaomi: Mi A2

If it is the first time that you use a really secure phone, start by using it as a backup phone.

You keep the other phone for what you know is not private/not secure, and to appear "normie" to the spying eyes.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Still very happy with the Xiaomi mi 10t pro, long name for an interesting phone. The successor is actually a bit of a downgrade in the all important camera department. 

• 2 weeks later...