Top 8 wireless headphones to buy in 2021

Thaiger

Whether you are continuing your day-to-day lives at home during the pandemic or you have fully adapted to the new normal, headphones can provide some pure listening of your favourite tunes – wherever you are. A great pair of headphones should be versatile, full of features, well-built, and comfortable in addition to sounding lively and balanced. With so many brands and models to choose from, choosing the right wireless headphones to fit your needs can be tricky. To help you find the best one for your needs and budget, here are 8 of the best wireless headphones you can buy […]

The post Top 8 wireless headphones to buy in 2021 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If I want unsolicited offers or spam I'll go on Google or YouTube. If The Thaiger is earning a commission off of this advertising they should say so. 

There are already thousands of hints about what to buy and where to buy it - why make a "news article" about headsets or laptops? 

I like The Thaiger for news and views on what's going on in Thailand. Why are you doing these things?? 

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

If I want unsolicited offers or spam I'll go on Google or YouTube. If The Thaiger is earning a commission off of this advertising they should say so. 

There are already thousands of hints about what to buy and where to buy it - why make a "news article" about headsets or laptops? 

I like The Thaiger for news and views on what's going on in Thailand. Why are you doing these things?? 

I think that may be a little unfair as I'm sure others may well be interested in the latest headsets. I opened it up as I have been looking for years now for a special headset that totally blocks out any noise of my wife and her friends shouting at each other under the pretence of having a conversation of interest after a few drinks. Noise cancelling just does not cut the mustard 555

36 minutes ago, Dan said:

Or maybe just ignore the post and only read what interests you. Give them a chance.

It probably is a paid for advert sponsored by the manufacturers products 'reviewed'. How will the forum make money for us to use for free, let alone pay for server and software costs?
I don't know, but if someone was running a forum free for years, I'm sure their interest would wane, especially reading complaints about attempts to cover costs.

I see you've made two posts so far, both complaining about maybe paid for adverts.

BTW, I'm only involved in the forum as a new user, nothing else.

• Like 2

I Have the Sony's should be called noise reduction rather than noise cancelling. Blue tooth is such an on off, works when it feels like it pain I usually plug them in

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I don't see a problem. Everyone already knows that the links in such articles are affiliate links. This is part of how websites make money, allowing them to provide this free service. Easy enough to skip them.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I have an interest in what other members of the community have to say here in the comments. Helps to provide a more rounded picture of who they are. Personally, I love my Airpods Pro, which are now by far the best-selling noise cancelling device, but were not even mentioned in the article.

The article itself is poorly written. The "reviewer", an Indonesian freelance writer, has clearly never used any of these headphones. Her brief was to crib from existing reviews elsewhere to build an article that could carry 8 Lazada links and a link to a similar article she wrote about tablets.

We are not really the target for these articles. Over the coming years, they will attract a certain amount of search traffic, people who will never visit the Thaiger again, but who might click on a link and buy an expensive device, winning the owners $15 or whatever. The article itself will have cost around $30 but should generate a few hundred dollars per month over the coming years. Great racket.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I Have the Sony's should be called noise reduction rather than noise cancelling. Bluetooth is such an on off, works when it feels like it pain I usually plug them in

That is what I love about Airpods, they work so well and switch so easily between devices. Also very handy to carry around in their tiny charging case.

I have owned various sets of Bose QuietComfort headphones and earphones. They were good but there were various quality problems and Bluetooth was always an ongoing frustration. Apple somehow solved that problem.

Edited by SickBuffalo

48 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Or maybe just ignore the post and only read what interests you.

The Thaiger is an electronic version of a newspaper….. gives you more than just the news. You pick what you want to read. Also if it was just news some people were after they would not be in the tiger talk.

• Like 2

Lost my Sony Bluetooth overear headphones early this year. May have to use some recommendations on here to try out a replacement set. For now my wired Shure inears will have to do as they still provide great sound.

I'm trying something new: Aftershokz bone conduction headphones. They're.... different... They work by sending the soundwaves directly into your skull just in front of your ears bypassing your eardrum and leaving your ears open to hear ambient noise. The sound appears to come from inside your head. I mostly use them for listening to Thai language lessons/broadcasts so sound quality isn't really needed. But, it's not bad. They are, however, by far the most comfortable sound device I've ever worn. Before these I used Jabra wireless earbuds which were very nice but also very isolating. I also have a pair of Sony over-ear noise cancelling headphones but they're not really geared to walking around in.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A few months back I purchased the Sony WH-1000XM4 over-the-ear headphones from Lazada.  I had also considered the Sony WH-1000XM3 over-the-ear headphones and the Bose QC35 II , both excellent headphones, but in the end I went with the WX-1000XM4s.

I am very happy with them, and  I use their bluetooth functionality (connecting to 2 devices at once) extensively.  The noise reduction of the WH-1000XM4 is amazing (superior to that of my older Bose QC25 headphones).

If looking for an over-the-ear headphones like myself, I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of these 3 headphones.

My Q35iis died so I needed a Bluetooth replacement because my phone and tablet have nowhere to plug in headphones.The Bose noise cancelling was brilliant combined with foam earplugs,on that 10-12 hour flight to Thailand it was total silence.I replaced them with Jabra 85h the sound is great but the noise cancelling is rubbish compared to the Bose Q35iis,but they are half the price.The reviews usually just give it to the Sony XM4 but the devil is in the detail such as the Sony is a bit tight on the head and not so comfortable over long periods.If I was to buy today I would go for the Sony Xm3 or the Q35ii and get the cheapest.Bose are bringing out Q45s any time now so you might want to wait for them if you have deep pockets.

This forum is free so we have to accept some advertising and spam,you know how these things work you have to pay to get stuff advertising free.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, yselmike said:

.The reviews usually just give it to the Sony XM4 but the devil is in the detail such as the Sony is a bit tight on the head and not so comfortable over long periods.If I was to buy today I would go for the Sony Xm3 or the Q35ii and get the cheapest.

My view is when it comes to assessing comfort over long periods of time, there is a very high degree of subjectivity in such assessments.

I knew of a review assessment that the Bose QC35's were supposed more comfortable than the Sony XM4's over long periods, but since I was not planning to wear my Sony XM4 for more than a couple of hours at  time, it was not an issue for me.

After I obtained the Sony XM4, on a few occasions I have worn them for about 5 hours in duration and I have compared them to my Bose QC25s wrt wearing the Bose QC25s for a 5 hour duration (on a different day).

Note the reviews pretty much all say the QC25s and QC35's have the same comfort if worn on the ears (only the QC35's have an edge over QC25s if kept around the neck, but not on the ears).

Honestly ? For myself, and to my surprise, the Sony XM4 were just as comfortable, and possibly more comfortable, than the Bose QC25s. Further, the Sony XM4 noise reduction was far superior to the Bose QC25s (the superior Sony noise reduction was not a surprise to me as the reviews had said to expect such).

So my view?  Why would reviews say QC35's more comfortable than Sony XM4s over long periods, when my experience different?

I think its all very subjective.

I think if deciding between the two, and if one has friends who has both, and if comfort over long periods is a key criteria for the purchase, see if you can borrow them to wear for many hours, and make your decision based on that wearing experience. 

As noted, I found the Sony XM4s superior to the QC25s, if one adds up comfort plus noise reduction.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, yselmike said:

Bose are bringing out Q45s any time now so you might want to wait for them if you have deep pockets.

I am keen to learn about the QC45s. Bose make really great headphones.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oldcpu said:

My view is when it comes to assessing comfort over long periods of time, there is a very high degree of subjectivity in such assessments.

I knew of a review assessment that the Bose QC35's were supposed more comfortable than the Sony XM4's over long periods, but since I was not planning to wear my Sony XM4 for more than a couple of hours at  time, it was not an issue for me.

After I obtained the Sony XM4, on a few occasions I have worn them for about 5 hours in duration and I have compared them to my Bose QC25s wrt wearing the Bose QC25s for a 5 hour duration (on a different day).

Note the reviews pretty much all say the QC25s and QC35's have the same comfort if worn on the ears (only the QC35's have an edge over QC25s if kept around the neck, but not on the ears).

Honestly ? For myself, and to my surprise, the Sony XM4 were just as comfortable, and possibly more comfortable, than the Bose QC25s. Further, the Sony XM4 noise reduction was far superior to the Bose QC25s (the superior Sony noise reduction was not a surprise to me as the reviews had said to expect such).

So my view?  Why would reviews say QC35's more comfortable than Sony XM4s over long periods, when my experience different?

I think its all very subjective.

I think if deciding between the two, and if one has friends who has both, and if comfort over long periods is a key criteria for the purchase, see if you can borrow them to wear for many hours, and make your decision based on that wearing experience. 

As noted, I found the Sony XM4s superior to the QC25s, if one adds up comfort plus noise reduction.

I am keen to learn about the QC45s. Bose make really great headphones.

There is not much in it between the Bose and the Sony, but because my only reason for buying noise cancellers is for use during flights comfort is important that's why I point it out. Listening to music is very subjective so I will wait untill I can go back into a shop and try them on side by side.I know the Q35ll and I am impressed with the noise cancelling but a bit pissed of that they just died on me and now days I am obliged to get Bluetooth.The Bose 700s are not getting good reviews so I will wait untill I can get back on a flight to Thailand and have a use for high end noise cancellers before I make a decision.I think the Sony mx3s or even the Q35s are good enough for what I want and I expect some good deals for them once the Q45s and maybe a new Sony appear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 4:44 AM, JamesE said:

I'm trying something new: Aftershokz bone conduction headphones.  [...] They are, however, by far the most comfortable sound device I've ever worn. [...]

Wow, super interesting suggestion....

• 6 months later...

Using (wireless) headphones in asia is somehow not comfortable. Having something covers your complete ears at 30 degrees celsius is a really sweaty thing, or? I use earbuds - The Sennheiser "Momentum True Wireless 2" and I'm really fine with it. No sweaty ears. You shoud do also a test of some of the earbuds.