MG CAR LEMON

LemonMG

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Digressing slightly about MG now being Chinese.

Yesterday my wife asked if I'd ever heard of Haval, as she was looking at an advert for a hybrid.
I hadn't, but after googling I find it's another Chinese brand (from 2013).
That put my wife off, as she too now realises to avoid any Chinese goods.

source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haval_(marque) 

Apart from telephones and routers I guess

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Apart from telephones and routers I guess

Ah yes, the all Chinese iPhone?
The Huawei router came with the AIS package, so they're probably snitching on me right now:
Now hear this - I always thought thought the Great Walls of China made ice cream.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

The Huawei router came with the AIS package, so they're probably snitching on me right now:
Now hear this - I always thought thought the Great Walls of China made ice cream.

Great strawberry flavour. What ever happened to Lyons ice cream ? did that get bought up by Gery ? Nope just checked it is even worse than the Chinese, its now French

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Great strawberry flavour. What ever happened to Lyons ice cream ? did that get bought up by Gery ? Nope just checked it is even worse than the Chinese, its now French

It's worse than that, it's French Jim, French.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I used to go to Shenzhen twice each year and loved gadget shopping on Huaqiangbei. 

You'd see the white pristine sealed iPad boxes stacked up to the ceiling in little shops with one to test on the counter. And when you switched it on it showed:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 09.23.58.png

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, Daley said:

I guess the Chinese ability to copy & replicate things isn’t doing them any favours here.

Funnily enough you mention a wooden dashboard fire, I had a brand new Mini ( I know, I know, glutton for punishment) & decided to have a walnut dash fitted & one of those central Peco exhausts. The main dealer did the work & when I’d driven about 5 miles away smoke came billowing out of the vents. I took it straight back & was told not to worry, it happens ??

God invented day and Lucas invented night....

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I have also made the mistake of buying an MG.  i knew it was cheap car and did not have high expectations but with 60.000km on the clock the engine was very rough and I took it to the local MG  dealer  who announced that i needed a new cylinder head (The dealer who sold me the car had taken an extended warranty insurance which paid up for most of the repair  ; 60.000Baht. After some 2 months and many false starts etc I got the car back. The engine was still rough so after a few weeks I took it to another dealer in Phuket who  announced that there is a broken piston and that the electric clutch cylinder has burnt out. (How can this happen with a car not moving  in the workshop) I have spent hours on the phones with the « monkeys » on 1267 call centre. So after nearly 3 months off the road, I am being asked to pay another 40.000Baht. I have even been to MG Thailand head Office in Silom Complex. End result more blah blah.

DO NOT BUY AN MG. They are bad quality and MG Thailand couldn’t care less ! The Phang Nga dealer has a mecanic who probably couldn’t repair your lawn mower.