3 travellers escaped Phuket Sandbox but were quickly caught

Thaiger

In light of the recent discovery of the first internationally imported case of Covid-19 in the Phuket Sandbox scheme, the news that 3 people so far have “escaped” from the strictly regulated accommodations might be a little unnerving. While the Sandbox may not be airtight, authorities successfully located and handled 3 tourists reported missing from Phuket hotels this week. The first missing tourist was an open and shut case. An American traveller thought to have escaped the Phuket Sandbox reopening plan was reported not to have been in his hotel overnight. It was quickly confirmed that he had encountered an […]

The post 3 travellers escaped Phuket Sandbox but were quickly caught appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Charming, i got to have a beer now.... i imagine that's what was said at the Command Center after those criminals were apprehended

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In light of the recent discovery of the first internationally imported case of Covid-19 in the Phuket Sandbox scheme, the news that 3 people so far have “escaped” from the strictly regulated accommodations might be a little unnerving. While the Sandbox may not be airtight, authorities successfully located and handled 3 tourists reported missing from Phuket hotels this week. The first missing tourist was an open and shut case. An American traveller thought to have escaped the Phuket Sandbox reopening plan was reported not to have been in his hotel overnight. It was quickly confirmed that he had encountered an […]

The post 3 travellers escaped Phuket Sandbox but were quickly caught appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 cases of “the rules apply to everyone but me, because I am special!” ?. Hopefully the 3rd person is ok for the rest of their trip.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Objectivance said:

Why arent they wearing their tracking bracelets? 

They were on charge overnight (the bracelets, not the escapees).

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tornado said:

You can't pick your tourists, its inevitable that these types of tourists will enter the Sandbox and ruin it for everyone else. Where's their bracelets? The guy getting out of the red truck, maybe should have had some other health checks? 

I’ve not heard they went ahead with the bracelets? Maybe I missed it but I’ve not seen that mentioned recently. Two apps on the phone but not the bracelets. Are they still doing that? 

45 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

2 cases of “the rules apply to everyone but me, because I am special!” ?. Hopefully the 3rd person is ok for the rest of their trip.

All more  than a bit odd, and I wonder how many other "escapees" there are who are simply un-noticed or unreported, who just walk out of the hotel unrecognised or via a restaurant door.

How did the first, the American, manage to get a flight out (to the US, not wherever he'd come from) without a pre-flight test as it's unlikely the PCR test he came in with was still valid?

If the SHA+ driver was doing his job, how could the German not have gone to his hotel?

As for the Norwegian ...  barely credible.

Along with a positive test and the tour group being quarantined without warning, hardly a good start.

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

Not only you  have to stay in a hotel, but they even check if you sleep in your room.
Looks like the rules in a school dormitory.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Not only you  have to stay in a hotel, but they even check if you sleep in your room.
Looks like the rules in a school dormitory.

What's the punishment?

Write one hundred times, boy, "I promise not to try avoiding detection again."

• Haha 4

Look like they need to deploy more resources to play "Catch Me If You Can ! "

on a serious note, these buggers are spoiling it for the genuine tourists-to-be. 

• Haha 1

I wonder what they said when they reported them missing.

Maybe the hotel should install sirens to use when escapes are detected.

i am still waiting for the police and immigration arrest photograph showing the cowering "cu;prits" surrounded by the proud arresting officers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

What's the punishment?

Manacles chained to the wall. or the Cooler.

• Haha 1

I saw that 82 year old Norwegian guy.  Mild dementia my ass, he was popping wheelies as he rode down the Soi on his motorbike! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

Look like they need to deploy more resources to play "Catch Me If You Can ! "

on a serious note, these buggers are spoiling it for the genuine tourists-to-be. 

Are there actually any genuine tourists ? returnees with property, Thais coming back taking the easier option, Travel agencies being encouraged by TAT  to send reps are not geuine tourists.  In fact I have not read one report from a verifiable genuine tourist but I suspect that the few Arabs who turned up specifically looking for their fill of Lady Boys would never publish a trip report anyway  555

1 hour ago, Mike-Hunt said:

What's the punishment?

The last time I had to write 100 times I wouldn't do something I took the 4 licks in the principals office I was 10 and had more important things to do than waste my time writing ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeW said:

The last time I had to write 100 times I wouldn't do something I took the 4 licks in the principals office I was 10 and had more important things to do than waste my time writing ?

You seem to have regressed now - writing on a forum - ha ha!
Just which part did you have lick?

• Haha 2

Sorry, I've read the article a few times, but "escaping the sandbox" and dementia as a reason doesn't seem to be good advertisement. Especially if you can just border bounce.

16 hours ago, Norton said:

I saw that 82 year old Norwegian guy.  Mild dementia my ass, he was popping wheelies as he rode down the Soi on his motorbike! 

He was sitting behind me on the flight in. He was to be reunited under the care of his son according to the crew who apparently had a warning note about his condition. He should not have been allowed to stay alone in a hotel.

Article Quote: A full-blown manhunt was avoided when a hotel security guard nearby reported seeing someone matching the missing man.

OMG. What the heck is this?

I can just see it now. Them going to his room and getting an article of clothing like some unwashed  underwear, getting the hungry locked up blood hound lady boys out from behind the jail doors (given kudos for helping and days off their sentence), putting the leashes on and having them smell the clothing to get the scent, and then telling them he only seems to have his packed wallet on him. 

Please only take this in jest, no ill intent is made. But in reality the words using full blown manhunt is just plain rude.

• Like 1