Phuket Sandbox over 2000 arrivals; 1 Covid-19 infection

Thaiger

7 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

.... People that were on the same flight may be puckering that they also will not be interned (quarantine seems a bad word in Phuket) ....

Seriously ! The preferred word is 'interned', that's a really loaded word where I came from and usually reserved for politician/war prisoners when it comes to restricting movement.

I'm sure many farang currently outside Thailand will be very interested in how this story unfolds. Critical to the future of the sandbox imho will be how the Thai officials treat the rest of the 'tour group'. Is the 'tour group' everyone on the flight from UAE, was it a charter flight or one of the daily Etihad flights ? Will the compulsory and imho ineffectual Covid19 insurance cover the expenses of staying in an ASQ hotel if the insured does not have a confirmed case of covid. If members of the 'group' test negative after one of their prepaid PCR tests what happens, their original accommodation booking has been cancelled do they have to continue to pay the more expensive and restrictive ASQ hotel ? Do we have to wait for the Bangkok Post to write another  article or could someone in Phuket fill in some of the details, please.

6 minutes ago, Mopi said:

I'm sure many farang currently outside Thailand will be very interested in how this story unfolds. Critical to the future of the sandbox imho will be how the Thai officials treat the rest of the 'tour group'. Is the 'tour group' everyone on the flight from UAE, was it a charter flight or one of the daily Etihad flights ? Will the compulsory and imho ineffectual Covid19 insurance cover the expenses of staying in an ASQ hotel if the insured does not have a confirmed case of covid. If members of the 'group' test negative after one of their prepaid PCR tests what happens, their original accommodation booking has been cancelled do they have to continue to pay the more expensive and restrictive ASQ hotel ? Do we have to wait for the Bangkok Post to write another  article or could someone in Phuket fill in some of the details, please.

You have written it all Mopi, and I do not have to.

If the Phuket Thais revert to their established habit of looting the Tourists, this will be revealed around the world, Flights will be cancelled. Hotel bookings will be cancelled. Phuket will kill the golden goose once again.

first of all I would check if the certificates presented are original and truthful in case of forgery after prison treatment

9 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

There are 8,129,670 tests conducted in Thailand and 301,172 infections found, according to this article 2,113 fully vaccinated and previously tested tourists were tested again and 1 was found infected. You do the math, I am not good in science

Those test numbers are at least a week old. I've been looking at them daily since last Friday. The numbers coming out of Thailand are suspect. What can be inferred based on the total number of tests reported (a very low number in terms of population, 145th from the top) is that the current positivity rate must be through the roof.

quarantine is to keep the virus out of the country, but it is inside already, even delta,
read the infection numbers of every province, not a result by tourists

so quarantine for fully vaccinated tourists will not help,
maybe helpful at travellers from South America at Lambda variant

take care for people older than 60 and you will have less problems,
not every infected has to go to hospital, no country will have so much beds