Cabinet approves Pfizer purchase, plus another 10.9 million Sinovac doses

Thaiger

The Thai Cabinet has given the go-ahead for the purchase of 20 million doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, along with another 10.9 million doses of Sinovac. According to a Bangkok Post report, the PM’s spokesman Anucha Burapachasri says the budget for the Sinovac purchase would come from the executive decree loan and would not exceed 6.1 billion baht. The budget for the Pfizer purchase has not been confirmed. In addition, the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation has received approval to purchase doses of the Moderna vaccine on behalf of private hospitals. In addition to the government’s order, Thailand is also expected […]

The post Cabinet approves Pfizer purchase, plus another 10.9 million Sinovac doses appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

along with another 10.9 million doses of Sinovac” - definition of insanity in action. The very fact the government is giving healthcare workers, who have had two shots of Sinovac, a third shot with Pfizer is an admission the Sinovac doesn’t work. 

• Like 7
  • Cool 1

36 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

along with another 10.9 million doses of Sinovac” - definition of insanity in action. The very fact the government is giving healthcare workers, who have had two shots of Sinovac, a third shot with Pfizer is an admission the Sinovac doesn’t work. 

'definition of insanity in action'    What a very clear way to describe it, cheers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

As is that someone who was given "the first dose of Sinovac was given AstraZeneca for a second dose and went on to develop 8 times more antibodies than those who’d been given 2 doses of Sinovac."

Sinovac costs the same as Moderna, and a lot more than AZ so ... well ... why is anyone buying it?

Free?   OK, better than nothing - just - but why buy it, apart from the obvious?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Good to have this brought to our attention.

",,,,,,,,  who have had two shots of Sinovac, a third shot with Pfizer,,,." This is a dangerous game being played here; especially that it's now come to light what is in the Pfizer jab (over 90% Graphene Oxide)..

Have people in authority not looked at the figures for serious effects and deaths for the jabs? The Yellow Card system in the UK has to date on Pfizer; over 200,000 serious reactions and over 400 deaths attributed to it. The VARES in US show similar data.

These poor healthcare workers are simply guinea pigs.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sinovac costs the same as Moderna, and a lot more than AZ so ... well ... why is anyone buying it?

Sinovac and AZ are the cheapest. Moderna and Pfizer the most expensive.

Reuters: SINGAPORE, July 7 (Reuters) - Singapore has excluded those who received Sinovac Biotech's shots from its national COVID-19 vaccination count, according to the city-state's health ministry.

How about them apples and a punch to the ole Sinovac jab!

• Like 1

It's a real slap in the face that I'm unable to get a COE because I received 1 Astra Zeneca and 1 Pfizer. This combination has higher efficacy than anything currently on offer in the LOS, and close to 20 countries around the world are employing it, yet it's not good enough to play in a sandbox.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Beeker said:

It's a real slap in the face that I'm unable to get a COE because I received 1 Astra Zeneca and 1 Pfizer. This combination has higher efficacy than anything currently on offer in the LOS, and close to 20 countries around the world are employing it, yet it's not good enough to play in a sandbox.

Your case reminds me of the 50,000 people in the UK who took part in the Novavax trial and who will now be unable to travel to Europe because it is not yet recognized. They are not allowed to now take another vaccine, they are stuck.

From my perspective, the main reason to get vaccinated was always the ability to travel.

We have known since at least the beginning of this year that being fully vaccinated was going to be the only way around endless PCR tests, quarantines, special insurance etc. It was also clear that, once enough people are vaccinated, some airlines will opt to go vaccinated-only. I suspect most countries will too.

For that reason, I held off on any vaccination until I was sure which vaccines would be widely recognized and which country's certification system would be most widely recognized (for which reason I decided not to get my shots in the US).

13 hours ago, snapdragon said:

what is in the Pfizer jab (over 90% Graphene Oxide)..

Oh. Come. On. Where do you find this stuff? Graphene is pure Carbon arranged in a 2D hexagonal lattice. Oxide means that it's been partially burned, i.e. Carbon Monoxide, or fully burned, i.e. Carbon Dioxide. So you're saying that the Pfizer vaccine is 90% composed of a gas? Do you have the correct term? Maybe diHydrogen Oxide?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JamesE said:

Oh. Come. On. Where do you find this stuff? Graphene is pure Carbon arranged in a 2D hexagonal lattice. Oxide means that it's been partially burned, i.e. Carbon Monoxide, or fully burned, i.e. Carbon Dioxide. So you're saying that the Pfizer vaccine is 90% composed of a gas? Do you have the correct term? Maybe diHydrogen Oxide?

PM me for one of many sources James.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Faz said:

Moved to joke section - off topic and bad taste - sorry.

Edited by snapdragon

14 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Your case reminds me of the 50,000 people in the UK who took part in the Novavax trial and who will now be unable to travel to Europe because it is not yet recognized. They are not allowed to now take another vaccine, they are stuck.

From my perspective, the main reason to get vaccinated was always the ability to travel.

We have known since at least the beginning of this year that being fully vaccinated was going to be the only way around endless PCR tests, quarantines, special insurance etc. It was also clear that, once enough people are vaccinated, some airlines will opt to go vaccinated-only. I suspect most countries will too.

For that reason, I held off on any vaccination until I was sure which vaccines would be widely recognized and which country's certification system would be most widely recognized (for which reason I decided not to get my shots in the US).

Seems the EU doesn't accept in India produced AZ either, and that is more than 50000 UK people.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Faz said:

According to who?

Do a simple search for the costs and Sinovac costs are reported between US$5 and US38 per dose, with $5 reported in Thailand but not confirmed, $14 in India,  $17 in Indonesia, and $38.50 in the Philippines.

According to an article in Bloomberg Businessweek dated 6 July 2021, so very recent, headed "When Lifesaving Vaccines  Become Profit Machines for Drugmakers" the "estimated lowest prices charged by vaccine makers" (my bold) are:

Moderna:  $31

Sinovac:     $21

Pfizer / BioNTech:   $14

J & J:             $9

Bharat:       $6

SputnikV:   $6

Astra Zeneca:  $5

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

According to who?

Do a simple search for the costs and Sinovac costs are reported between US$5 and US38 per dose, with $5 reported in Thailand but not confirmed, $14 in India,  $17 in Indonesia, and $38.50 in the Philippines.

According to an article in Bloomberg Businessweek dated 6 July 2021, so very recent, headed "When Lifesaving Vaccines  Become Profit Machines for Drugmakers" the "estimated lowest prices charged by vaccine makers" (my bold) are:

Moderna:  $31

Sinovac:     $21

Pfizer / BioNTech:   $14

J & J:             $9

Bharat:       $6

SputnikV:   $6

Astra Zeneca:  $5

I stand corrected, I was confusing it with the Sputnik.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, snapdragon said:

The Yellow Card system in the UK has to date on Pfizer; over 200,000 serious reactions and over 400 deaths attributed to it.

No it doesn't - that's completely untrue.

They are NOT "attributed" to the vaccine. They are nothing more than deaths reported within 30 days of being vaccinated which could be from any cause, including the car accidents so beloved by the conspiracy theorists when claiming the figures of deaths are wrong (wrongly) but ignored when claiming the vaccines are killing people (equally wrongly).

Reuters Fact Check is your friend .....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

I stand corrected, I was confusing it with the Sputnik.

Wow - someone who admits they made  mistake! Are you in the right place?!

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No it doesn't - that's completely untrue.

They are NOT "attributed" to the vaccine. They are nothing more than deaths reported within 30 days of being vaccinated which could be from any cause, including the car accidents so beloved by the conspiracy theorists when claiming the figures of deaths are wrong (wrongly) but ignored when claiming the vaccines are killing people (equally wrongly).

Reuters Fact Check is your friend .....

Reuters Fact Check is not my friend.  I'd rather take a look in the actual data and make up my mind on what is reported there, than trusting an anonymous 'fact-checker' with a dubious agenda.

FYI > Early June a preliminary Yellow Card report (Yellow Cards are the UK equivalent of the US's VAERS and EU's Eudravigilance systems) was issued, written by dr Tess LAWRIE.  She published it as an urgent Open Letter to UK health authorities > https://www.e-bmc.co.uk/ and I attached it here also in PDF-format.

She pleads for full access to the Yellow Card data to further examine the alarming trend:  > The existing Yellow Card data covering just under a five-month period indicate that the extent of morbidity and mortality associated with the COVID-19 vaccines is unprecedented.

And she also wrote in that report: > The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans. Preparation should be made to scale up humanitarian efforts to assist those harmed by the COVID-19 vaccines and to anticipate and ameliorate medium to longer term effects.

Take a look in the report: Between the 4th January 2021 and the 26th May 2021, In total, 1,253 deaths and 888,196 ADRs
(256,224 individual reports) were reported in UK during this period..

Open Letter by dr Tess Lawrie dd 9 June 2021.pdf 652.56 kB · 0 downloads

29 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans.

I will not hold my breath on the MHRA doing anything. After all the Chief Executive of the body (which is supposedly 100% funded by the UK Government), said on live TV that the major aim of the MHRA was to facilitate business access to the marketplace. Not a word on ensuring the safety of drugs and medicines.

But this is no great surprise as it has received close to a million pounds in Gates's handouts.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snapdragon said:

I will not hold my breath on the MHRA doing anything. After all the Chief Executive of the body (which is supposedly 100% funded by the UK Government), said on live TV that the major aim of the MHRA was to facilitate business access to the marketplace. Not a word on ensuring the safety of drugs and medicines.

No he didn't.

That's completely untrue and is simply a direct lie.

17 hours ago, snapdragon said:

But this is no great surprise as it has received close to a million pounds in Gates's handouts.

While not totally untrue, that's a complete distortion of the facts, which are readily available and published by the MHRA on 15 December 2017.  The funding was NOT given to the MHRA by the Gates foundation, but was given to the WHO for Project 3-S which the MHRA later joined.

Totally different to what you have claimed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Reuters Fact Check is not my friend.  I'd rather take a look in the actual data and make up my mind on what is reported there, than trusting an anonymous 'fact-checker' with a dubious agenda.

FYI > Early June a preliminary Yellow Card report (Yellow Cards are the UK equivalent of the US's VAERS and EU's Eudravigilance systems) was issued, written by dr Tess LAWRIE.  She published it as an urgent Open Letter to UK health authorities > https://www.e-bmc.co.uk/ and I attached it here also in PDF-format.

She pleads for full access to the Yellow Card data to further examine the alarming trend:  > The existing Yellow Card data covering just under a five-month period indicate that the extent of morbidity and mortality associated with the COVID-19 vaccines is unprecedented.

And she also wrote in that report: > The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans. Preparation should be made to scale up humanitarian efforts to assist those harmed by the COVID-19 vaccines and to anticipate and ameliorate medium to longer term effects.

Take a look in the report: Between the 4th January 2021 and the 26th May 2021, In total, 1,253 deaths and 888,196 ADRs
(256,224 individual reports) were reported in UK during this period..

Open Letter by dr Tess Lawrie dd 9 June 2021.pdf 652.56 kB · 0 downloads

Smoke and mirrors, since she didn't make a report but wrote an open letter which was based on a complete misreading or distortion of the Yellow Card system.

She wrote that she would " like to draw your attention to the high number of covid-19 vaccine-attributed deaths " reported through the Yellow Card system.

She also wrote "that information on reported Adverse Drug Reactions should not be interpreted as meaning that the medicine in question generally causes the ibserved effect or is unsafe to use" which, as the MHRA pointed out, was exactly what she had done.

She "attributed" all the deaths reported on the Yellow Card scheme to the vaccine, while they weren't and that wasn't what  the scheme did.

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

No he didn't.

That's completely untrue and is simply a direct lie.

Certainly did. Heard it myself.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Stonker said:

As I said, a direct lie.

Been trying to find the actual passage. No luck so far. Was it in 2020?

Just the clarify from my notes. When the Chief Executive was asked; "What is the importance of the role of the MHRA in allowing medical products and devices to come into use?" The reply was something along the lines of; "Our role is to enable access."

Doesn't fill one with confidence that. Unless of course you are Big Pharma.

• Like 2