Growing calls for healthcare workers to get Pfizer booster

Thaiger

A leaked document, which details the minutes of a meeting in which officials discussed how they would allocate the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, has caused uproar and led to calls for healthcare workers to be prioritised. The Bangkok Post reports that the meeting took place on June 30 and discussed the administration of 2 batches of the Pfizer vaccine. The first allocation consists of 1.5 million doses that are expected to arrive this month. It’s believed the doses have been donated by the US government, but officials have not confirmed this. In addition, a further 20 million doses have been purchased […]

The post Growing calls for healthcare workers to get Pfizer booster appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Whilst many of us also feel we should be near to the top of the list for receiving vaccinations I hope there is no one who can seriously question that healthcare workers, the very people who care for us when we become sick, should be at the very top of that list. They are currently risking their own health for our benefit , the least this government could do is provide them with the best possible protection available. I would add that it is just not the Thai government who need to examine their priorities either.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Whilst many of us also feel we should be near to the top of the list for receiving vaccinations I hope 

Nah, I know I'm at the bottom of the list. I'm old, but not that old. I'm fat, but not that fat. I basically don't have anything that would justify me being at risk, so I'd rather see old Thai ladies or people with diabetes or whatever get the vaccine first.

That said I'm not 100% sure I'd agree that healthcare workers should be given boosters. There may be people at higher risk who need it more. I know this sounds heartless, and I'm absolutely for looking after frontline workers. But healthcare workers have at least some protection, while many elderly or infirm people have none. It's a hard balance to find.

It is coming from the USA so the 20% promised by some Thai quack for expats should be honored. Health officials ok, government officials in Parliament and Provincial leaders and very high ranking military and police no. These guys and gals have money and immunity to come and go so should fly somewhere at their own expense and get the jab. In all honesty US expats and their family should be first and then what ever is remaining  for other expats over 55 and with conditions. If other countries sent some good vaccine for thailand and a percentage fir expats, things would be looking good for all of us. 

Edited by HolyCowCm