“At risk” expats in Bangkok can pre-register for vaccines through designated hospitals

Thaiger

The Covid-19 vaccine registration method for expats in Bangkok has changed and foreign residents can now pre-register for vaccines at one of two designated hospitals in the capital. Pre-registration is open to foreigners who are over 60 years old or who have certain underlying health conditions. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced today that the government is shifting its focus in the nationwide vaccine campaign to target at-risk groups. The move comes after an increase in deaths of elderly Covid-19 patients. The Department of Disease Control’s website ThailandIntervac.com lists information on pre-registration and says the department adapted the service […]

The post “At risk” expats in Bangkok can pre-register for vaccines through designated hospitals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This appears to be for those residing in Bangkok or who are able to travel to Bangkok.
Where do expats residing in other Provinces go to receive this offer of receiving the vaccine?

No mention of pre-registration for foreigners in the other Provinces now that they have "surged" Cobid-19 out to previously controlled areas?

I have done 1 personal visit, 3 phone calls, numerous messenger contacts and emails to the local hospital with my health records and its parent company. I even posted on their Facebook pages requesting help to register (in both English and Thai). I only got 2 replies. In every one I have been very polite.

The first took me to a closed web page for registration of a paid vaccine and the second sent me a form to register for the same, which at least generated a reply saying I had been registered.

They still haven't told me if they have registered me for the Government Vaccine program as the Thai Government asked, which is all I was trying to do!

I know there will be a delay in supply and this province was previously low priority. But I can't even get registered and no-one can tell me or my Thai wife why. 

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Covid-19 vaccine registration method for expats in Bangkok has changed and foreign residents can now pre-register for vaccines at one of two designated hospitals in the capital. Pre-registration is open to foreigners who are over 60 years old or who have certain underlying health conditions. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced today that the government is shifting its focus in the nationwide vaccine campaign to target at-risk groups. The move comes after an increase in deaths of elderly Covid-19 patients. The Department of Disease Control’s website ThailandIntervac.com lists information on pre-registration and says the department adapted the service […]

The post “At risk” expats in Bangkok can pre-register for vaccines through designated hospitals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good news if this is true, but does anyone know when the second phase is that they talk about on thailandintervac? The ones for people under 60 years old? 

i got my first jab at MedPark which is not even mentioned at intervac anymore, my friend had his AZ cancelled on Friday due to shortage, was offered Sinovac, which he respectfully declined. All those online registration sites are a bit amateur to say at least, if they cannot fix 90 days report for 5 years, what to expect from these ad hoc registration sites

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCJ said:

This appears to be for those residing in Bangkok or who are able to travel to Bangkok.
Where do expats residing in other Provinces go to receive this offer of receiving the vaccine?

Expats residing in other provinces also go to Bangkok. Or they get nothing.

2 hours ago, Stephen88 said:

the link is down..  is there any news on how expats can register for sinopharm? Thanks! 

That's fun. Pre registration starts July 12, but the site already went down the week before.

Maybe there is more chance at that other hospital. Just go with a printout of the webpage, or call call call.

4 hours ago, PCJ said:

As yet you don't.  If all goes according to plan (?) you may be able to in August.

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

Expats residing in other provinces also go to Bangkok. Or they get nothing.

They aren't eligible to.

27 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As yet you don't.  If all goes according to plan (?) you may be able to in August.

They aren't eligible to.

Where did you read that?

More blowing false sunshine up the tooty for foreigners. But after the foreigner tries and tries time after time, they realize it is not really sunshine but a fabricated wind tunnel blowing hot air. 

48 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Where did you read that?

In the article (edit: and the article in the link), all articles and reports on the CCSA's announcement and the DDC's that I've read, and in the CCSA's announcement itself.

I doubt they're all incorrect.

Edited by Stonker
Addition as shown

55 minutes ago, Stonker said:

In the article (edit: and the article in the link), all articles and reports on the CCSA's announcement and the DDC's that I've read, and in the CCSA's announcement itself.

I doubt they're all incorrect.

The article says different things. 

"The Covid-19 vaccine registration method for expats in Bangkok has changed and foreign residents can now pre-register for vaccines at one of two designated hospitals in the capital. Pre-registration is open to foreigners"

They make a mess of different definitions. Expats, foreign residents, foreigners. These are 3 different groups.

Thailandintervac should be leading and talks about "foreigners in Thailand".

The hospital website says: "Qualification: Expats aged 60 and over and/or those diagnosed with any 7 underlying diseases"

If it was restricted and only for BKK expats they would have mentioned that.

And if you take it literally, most foreigners in BKK will not qualify as they are not expats.

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

If it was restricted and only for BKK expats they would have mentioned that.

They did, several times.

The plan isn't "only for BKK expats" but only for anyone registered living in Bangkok in the at-risk group whether they're Thai, expats, foreigners, foreign residents, migrant workers, or anyone else from anywhere else.

That's the restriction for everyone.

It's not for Thais from Bangkok and foreigners from anywhere - it doesn't discriminate by nationality but by where you're registered.

First, for everyone, are those in Bangkok, planned for "within next 2 weeks".

Next, for everyone, are those in the "vicinity area" of provinces around Bangkok, planned for "within July".

Next, for everyone, are those "Nationwide", planned for "within August".

Foreigners are simply included on the  same basis as anyone else, neither discriminated against nor given any special dispensation.

That, at least, is what they say.

Does this mean now those that were already supposedly registered but without an appointment , have to register again. And when exactly are these vaccinations which you now have to register for planned for?

I live in Bangkok and have hopefully registered for vaccine. My hospital has contacted me. I am disabled American who it looks like fit the at risk groups. I have several maladies, just getting old. God bless you all. 

12 hours ago, Stonker said:

They did, several times.

Where?  I called the second hospital in the list on thailandintervac today and they did not know about a restriction of "only BKK".  And they are the ones who are going to decide who and when.

Edited by dimitri