Medic warns that Delta variant will be dominant in Thailand by end of July

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not the one spending his time on TV / Thai Visa and now trolling here with this unmitigated rubbish.

If you have an issue Stonker. Let's discuss.

Name the specific topic. I'll open a new thread. On the worth of vaccines. The origins of C-19. Why the medical establishment is restricting opposing views. Why the BMA have chucked out 80 doctors this year alone. Name the topic and let's get to it. I'm here for you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not the one spending his time on TV / Thai Visa and now trolling here with this unmitigated rubbish.

You might not agree with @snapdragon 's posts, but he is presenting his point of view in a civil manner and is willing to discuss the topic.  Nothing wrong with that and Hats Off to the TT moderation team for not removing his posts or sending him on a 'holiday' for reason of 'views against the common narrative'.  Imo moderation should indeed be limited to keeping the discussion civil, and only removing posts that insult other members or their views or incite to violence.  Blocking non-popular points of view (aka censorship) will only result in the Forum becoming an echo-chamber of 'accepted' parroted opinions.  I am willing to listen to what every Forum-member brings to the table, and will base my opinion on the strength of their arguments.  I am NOT interested in a Forum that decides for me what I am allowed to read (like the 'other Forum' that is losing members rapidly because of that stance).

May the ThaigerTalk Forum remain a heaven for free talk and open interesting discussion.

With the explosion of media activity about Covid-19, there has been an equal explosion of un-media trained experts providing answers. This alone increases the risk of confusing comments being made. Add into that the number of people seeking their 30 seconds of fame on TV together with an inability to correct remarks because of loss of “face” and it is no wonder the ordinary person has no idea what to do!

For me it is simple. My poor abused body, suffering through heart attacks, operations, diabetes, epilepsy, love of a poor diet and alcohol, and a general unwillingness to get off my butt and exercise, needs a support. The data statistics indicate a reduction in possibility of death from the impact of Covid-19 when you are vaccinated by any of the vaccines, so this is good for me.  So I will get vaccinated.

Ultimately it is my personal decision and choice and hence my responsibility. It is the same for wearing a mask….my choice. I don’t care what others do as it is their choice and their right. Choose for yourself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

With the explosion of media activity about Covid-19, there has been an equal explosion of un-media trained experts providing answers. This alone increases the risk of confusing comments being made. Add into that the number of people seeking their 30 seconds of fame on TV together with an inability to correct remarks because of loss of “face” and it is no wonder the ordinary person has no idea what to do!

For me it is simple. My poor abused body, suffering through heart attacks, operations, diabetes, epilepsy, love of a poor diet and alcohol, and a general unwillingness to get off my butt and exercise, needs a support. The data statistics indicate a reduction in possibility of death from the impact of Covid-19 when you are vaccinated by any of the vaccines, so this is good for me.  So I will get vaccinated.

Ultimately it is my personal decision and choice and hence my responsibility. It is the same for wearing a mask….my choice. I don’t care what others do as it is their choice and their right. Choose for yourself.

I had no choice but to get the jabs to be able to travel back to work and stay employed. 

That should be a concern for everyone regardless of your opinion on the virus, it's lethality rate and the safety of the vaccines. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

You might not agree with @snapdragon 's posts, but he is presenting his point of view in a civil manner and is willing to discuss the topic.

But as many others do, he presents one side. And only one side when we live in a world faceted like a diamond. His postulate that a healthy person is less susceptible to disease is a valid one and one that I agree with him on 100%. However, discounting other faces of that diamond and focusing on the one that holds the most attraction does everybody a disservice because it makes his valid points less acceptable. Viruses are real. Period. They are not cellular garbage resulting from toxins or any such thing. Go outside on a clear day and filter some air. You will find viruses there. You can see them with a powerful enough microscope. You can study what and how they infect higher life forms and, with a couple of hundred dollars worth of equipment you can make your own.

I does no good to blame MSM or Big Pharma or the Medical Industrial Complex for "hiding" the truth. In all honesty the truth is freaking unbelievable all by itself. Something like 8% of human DNA codes for virus proteins. Why? Do a quick study on CRISPR. It will blow your mind. A recent study (https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(21)00794-6) finds genetic evidence of a 200 year long COVID epidemic experienced by our ancestors, at least if your ancestors were east Asian. The survivors of that epidemic preserved the ability to recognize COVID virus proteins.

To @snapdragonI'd say that it's not necessary (as fun as it is) to rely on beliefs when arguing your point. You do make several valid and compelling arguments. But saying viruses are not real or vaccines don't work or various shadowy organizations are suppressing the truth does not help support those arguments. The world is nearly infinitely complex and the true wonder is that any of it works at all.

And, no, I still won't disprove your point about polio.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

I had no choice but to get the jabs to be able to travel back to work and stay employed. 

That should be a concern for everyone regardless of your opinion on the virus, it's lethality rate and the safety of the vaccines. 

I am saddened you were forced into having to make a choice to simply be allowed to work. I have some friends, especially in essential jobs, who have been faced with the same issue. I acknowledge that removes most of your choice.

Like you, their only choice had been to vaccinate or find another job. Not much choice. I also acknowledge my sadness can only offer acknowledgement and not comfort.

I agree, you have to weigh up all factors. And that was what I did, including the ones you mentioned as well as indicated survivability rate for those taking the vaccine. If  I was younger, fitter and affected by your  circumstances, I cannot say what choice I would have made.

For example, when younger, I left jobs on principle. But then I didn't have a family to support, believed I was invincible, was fit and healthy. If I had a family and my current health, my choices may have been different then to!

I can only look to the present for me and vaccination is best for me. I can only hope others, especially those with vaccine concerns, are not put in the same situation as you and can make a free choice like me, based on all considerations. Sorry you had no choice and keep safe and well.

Edited by Smithydog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

To @snapdragonI'd say that it's not necessary (as fun as it is) to rely on beliefs when arguing your point. You do make several valid and compelling arguments. But saying viruses are not real or vaccines don't work or various shadowy organizations are suppressing the truth does not help support those arguments. The world is nearly infinitely complex and the true wonder is that any of it works at all.

If I could James? Taking the points you promote.

My beliefs are based on facts and truth. I do not subscribe to the 'germ theory' because it does not hold water. I cannot find the 'proof' or the 'science' that the 'germ theory' demands.

I'm not saying viruses are not real. I posted a fairly robust (?) explanation for their existence on another thread. But I am saying that viruses do not cause sickness. I can point to many instances when viruses have been blamed for illness when the local environment(s) is/are far more likely to be the culprit. The 1918 Spanish Flu is a vadlid example.

I have yet to see a vaccine that has been proved to have worked; Polio, measles, smallpox, covid etc.

There is massive/comprehensive suppression of alternative views on TV, and MSM generally. Anyone promoting an argument against the value of the PCR test (for instance), for finding viruses in a sample, on YouTube, will be taken down/removed; as soon as it's noticed or complained about. Very significant and eminent scientists and doctors are denied a voice on all the major platforms. As soon as an invited doctor gets to say something that is not 'mainstream', on English TV, he/she is cut off.

"The world is nearly infinitely complex and the true wonder is that any of it works at all." Agreed! The world that we think we know, has been developed by humans over a few thousand years; and is indeed complex. And what it 'really' is all about is a mystery to 99% of the populous.

It's my opinion, that the un-vaxxed will be very sought after in the future for their blood, sperm and eggs.

Just as an addendum; I have been involved in the development of medicine. And I've also first hand experience of an adverse reaction; it effects me to this day.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

I'm genuinely sad for you mcambl61. Hope you are OK for now, and in the future.

The thought of having a vaccine to travel to go back to the UK for instance, can give one bad dreams. I'd do my best to get around the regulations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

You might not agree with @snapdragon 's posts, but he is presenting his point of view in a civil manner and is willing to discuss the topic.  Nothing wrong with that and Hats Off to the TT moderation team for not removing his posts or sending him on a 'holiday' for reason of 'views against the common narrative'.  Imo moderation should indeed be limited to keeping the discussion civil, and only removing posts that insult other members or their views or incite to violence.  Blocking non-popular points of view (aka censorship) will only result in the Forum becoming an echo-chamber of 'accepted' parroted opinions.  I am willing to listen to what every Forum-member brings to the table, and will base my opinion on the strength of their arguments.  I am NOT interested in a Forum that decides for me what I am allowed to read (like the 'other Forum' that is losing members rapidly because of that stance).

May the ThaigerTalk Forum remain a heaven for free talk and open interesting discussion.

I'm with you blueSphinx. Yes a good discussion is ok but when you don't answer Questions and just deflect the Questions it becomes tedius and turns people off. Such as Vaccines don't work and the poster denies all Scientific, Microbiologists, and top Professors in there fields ARE wrong.  The thread begins to break down and members lose interest such as this member is doing now. BlueSphinx i have a feeling i know who this member is from another Forum who enjoy's destroying threads so i will not participate in this thread. All i will say is Flu is a virus, how do we protect ourselves from a flu pandemic like in the 20s where millions died from it ? a vaccine was formulated tested and used to control it now once a year a flu jab is common, has there been a pandemic since NO. Maybe this member can explain why this was overcame.  why are our kids inoculated at a young age ? to stop Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Its been eradicated by a vaccine. So if this member wants to input the thread at least stop deflecting and spreading false information. 

KT50  Yes we have to move on and live with this virus until we can finally defeat it. Here in the UK we are soon to have all restrictions lifted due to our vaccination efforts and inoculating most of the population. We understand people will still get infected but we wont be Hospitalized but sadly we are also aware people will still die but we have to move forward. 

2 hours ago, vlad said:

I'm with you BlueSphinx. Yes a good discussion is ok but when you don't answer Questions and just deflect the Questions it becomes tedius and turns people off. Such as Vaccines don't work and the poster denies all Scientific, Microbiologists, and top Professors in there fields ARE wrong.

The thread begins to break down and members lose interest such as this member is doing now. BlueSphinx i have a feeling i know who this member is from another Forum who enjoy's destroying threads so i will not participate in this thread.

All i will say is Flu is a virus, how do we protect ourselves from a flu pandemic like in the 20s where millions died from it ? a vaccine was formulated tested and used to control it now once a year a flu jab is common, has there been a pandemic since NO. Maybe this member can explain why this was overcame.  Why are our kids inoculated at a young age ? to stop Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Its been eradicated by a vaccine. So if this member wants to input the thread at least stop deflecting and spreading false information. 

There are many very educated and eminent doctors, and scientist, that do not subscribe to the 'germ theory' way of explaining disease. They also do not get the Main Stream Media's attention.

"All i will say is Flu is a virus, how do we protect ourselves from a flu pandemic like in the 20s where millions died from it ?"

You stand by that statement. That's OK. If you believe it to be true then fine. But I must ask you; how do you know the 'Flu' is a virus? My guess is that you have been told it is so. Well, I do not agree. The Flu is one way the body rids itself of undesirables within it.

"Why are our kids inoculated at a young age ? to stop Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Its been eradicated by a vaccine."

Mumps, Measles and Rubella were not eradicated by a vaccine. Vaccinating young children, for anything, in my opinion is cruelty, in the extreme.

I'm quite willing to debate specific topics. I'm very at home with debating the 1918 Spanish Flu (where I put my name to a book on the subject), also Polio, and since you mention it; Measles.

Many, but not all, childhood and young adult diseases can be explained by looking at local conditions, the environment and insanitary practices.

You have appeared to have fallen for the 'germ theory' science. A science that has been heavily compromised by big business.

"So if this member (I guess that means me Vlad) Wants to input the thread at least stop deflecting and spreading false information."

False information eh! What you mean is information that you don't agree with. Fair play to TT for allowing debates that you wish to stifle.

Stand on a specific topic and I'll debate it with you; be as scientific as you'd like. A new thread awaits us.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm all for a broad church forum, but this is just nonsense and there's no point in mincing words and pretending otherwise.

Well said Stonker. This forum is so new that a dominant poster can skew the narrative somewhat. Given the crazy contagiousness of Delta and the now high levels of community transmission and low levels of vaccination things are not looking good at all for the next few months sadly. Government figures are now doubt hugely underreporting the problems. 

Report from a forensic doctor who carries out autopsies reveals the real covid death numbers are much higher.

On July 6, Dr. Smith Srison, Forensic Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University posted a message on Facebook about the situation of the Covid- 19 epidemic in Thailand, that may be more severe than the numbers released by the government. From the autopsy of the deceased in just one day, four people were found to be infected with covid. 

This happens each day, they come mainly from the slum communities and die at home.

The conclusion is to say the situation is very serious. The patients and deaths seen here are definitely not real numbers. There are much more than that There are a lot of people who don't swab to check (now in Rama, if they come to swab, I see queues to sit and wait since 10 PM to check in the morning). As for the dead, there are more people. Because there are many cases that do not have a swab, some forensic doctors can't swab all of them.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1412573698733740035

https://www.matichon.co.th/local/quality-life/news_2815538

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

I don't agree with snapdragon either on this but don't see the point at this stage in the pandemic in getting in to trench warfare on this. That said TVF in this instance has done a good job of keeping to fact based arguments on Covid and suppressed the conspiracy nonsense and sources that infest social media. Reddit on covid is very good too as the upvote/downvote and high levels of intelligence and engagement quickly clear nonsense out of the threads. I do so hope that Thaiger Talk can come to dominate the board scene in Thailand as a change of scene for the old stale cliques of other places who care nothing of building a community just rinsing the users for the advertiser. 

• Like 1

Thread LOCKED due to REPORTed slanging match between members.  Please refer Forum Guidelines re appropriate behaviour.  We allow debate, not flame wars and abuse.  If you do not agree with another persons view you may politely offer a counter opinion or move on to another thread.

One offensive post HIDDEN as it contravenes the rules.  We try to be fair guys, so please, play nice ok.

If I receive a polite request to reopen this thread I may do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, back to the topic on this thread !

I've no doubt cases will double in the next two weeks. In the U.K. where the delta variant now accounts for 95% of cases, they are doubling every 9 days. Currently around 25,000 a day so in 18 days we can expect 100,000 a day. Fortunately for the U.K. (actually nothing fortunate about it. It was down to good vaccine procurement and management), the hospitalisations and deaths are not tracking at the same rate. 

If this medic is correct then without vaccines hospitalisations and deaths will track at the same rate. The vaccines break or weaken that link. 

In the meantime, if I was in Thailand then I would be keeping myself safe. Hands- Face-Space as they say in the U.K.!!