Medic warns that Delta variant will be dominant in Thailand by end of July

Thaiger

More than half the Covid-19 infections in Bangkok are the Delta variant, with a prominent doctor warning it will become the dominant strain in the Kingdom within weeks. According to a Bangkok Post report, Supakit Sirilak from the Department of Medical Sciences says the Delta variant, first reported in India, is set to replace the Alpha variant by the end of the month. Nationwide, around 32% of infections are the Delta variant, with most cases in Bangkok and the surrounding central provinces. Supakit says 52% of infections reported in the capital are the Delta variant and it has also been […]

The post Medic warns that Delta variant will be dominant in Thailand by end of July appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

More than half the Covid-19 infections in Bangkok are the Delta variant, with a prominent doctor warning it will become the dominant strain in the Kingdom within weeks. According to a Bangkok Post report, Supakit Sirilak from the Department of Medical Sciences says the Delta variant, first reported in India, is set to replace the Alpha variant by the end of the month. Nationwide, around 32% of infections are the Delta variant, with most cases in Bangkok and the surrounding central provinces. Supakit says 52% of infections reported in the capital are the Delta variant and it has also been […]

The post Medic warns that Delta variant will be dominant in Thailand by end of July appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

More ridiculous fear mongering nonsense.

The people are on the edge of complete and total collapse of all their business, livelihoods and mental health. 

The "government" is even more corrupt and incompetent than anyone could dream of. 

They are relying on the nation to be compliant sheep, just as many other countries are 

Far better, in my opinion, to advise Thailand's subjects what to do in terms of healthy eating and drinking, vitamin and mineral supplements, than trying to put the fear of Buddha into them.

Advising governments on good solid heath practices should be the job of the WHO. And it shouldn't be difficult, considering that a Thai is the leader of the South East Asia section.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

More ridiculous fear mongering nonsense.

The people are on the edge of complete and total collapse of all their business, livelihoods and mental health. 

The "government" is even more corrupt and incompetent than anyone could dream of. 

They are relying on the nation to be compliant sheep, just as many other countries are 

I don't read it as fear mongering but some who read it could shift it in meaning to be that if that is the way ones thinking goes. Compliant sheep? I think you are getting too bent on this as for what I read it is just news and a shift in the mutation variant. There are probably more here who are anti the vaccines from China than are anywhere near on any scale wanting it and for it. You do have two things correct for your 2nd and 3rd sentences. The 4th sentence is a junta wish that is not happening nowadays, but they do enforce laws and such trying to force things on all Thai the way they want to see how the people and quack. I would gather the majority do not believe them and are totally against them now, and just seeing from the school kids is a showing this. I hear it from my kids, one already graduated and 2 are in University here now. So this is sort of the new horses mouth, and they are not buying or marching to their tunes anymore. Honestly, they have their preference to a vaccine as well, and unless iron fisted forced, then they will wait. Times have changed hugely and social media has done a lot of good for the Thai in education and thought on matters, although it is a bit overkill on how much they are surfing and using their. Scare mongering may only work with the ones who are old and still marching to the days of old and glory that are long long gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Far better, in my opinion, to advise Thailand's subjects what to do in terms of healthy eating and drinking, vitamin and mineral supplements, than trying to put the fear of Buddha into them.

And the effect of that on reducing Covid deaths and severe hospitalisation will be somewhere between zero and the square root of diddly-squat.

It's a virus, not a diet.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

And the effect of that on reducing Covid deaths and severe hospitalisation will be somewhere between zero and the square root of diddly-squat.

A strong body will fight off most nasties. People now live well into their 80s, 90s, where once living to 70 was an achievement.

In my opinion, a person cannot catch a virus. A virus is simply dead cell debris.

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Not if people are eating healthy and hence not overweight. A good diet will also help with problems such as diabetes    and other illnesses which are brought about by poor diet. All of this has a direct impact on how affected you could be if you contract Covid. Good diet may not have an immediate affect on the. It rent Covid situation, but as this is something the world will have to live with for many many years, maintaining a healthy diet will protect you from the more severe aspects of Covid in future years. Perhaps another reason why Asian countries are fairing better than western. Less obese people and less diabetes? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Just a medic, not a prominent, not a top just a regular one just stated an abvious fact and made a news. 

Name Dr.Supakit Sirilak
Current Position Deputy Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Public Health
Acting Director General Department of Medical Sciences Workplace Office of the Permanent Secretary, The Ministry of Public Health,
Thailand

mmmm Just a medic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The 17.85 million elderly Thais in the rest of the country will get their first dose by the end of the month.

and the extra 18 million doses this month are coming from where, exactly?

34 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

A strong body will fight off most nasties. 

... (edit) ...

In my opinion, a person cannot catch a virus. A virus is simply dead cell debris.

Unfortunately nobody with any recognised medical expertise or knowledge shares your opinion.

36 minutes ago, Soidog said:

..... maintaining a healthy diet will protect you from the more severe aspects of Covid in future years.

or yours.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Unfortunately nobody with any recognised medical expertise or knowledge shares your opinion.

or yours.

Not just my diet that will protect me. My two doses of my vaccine and my annual booster will also protect me. But thanks for your concern. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Not if people are eating healthy and hence not overweight. A good diet will also help with problems such as diabetes    and other illnesses which are brought about by poor diet. All of this has a direct impact on how affected you could be if you contract Covid. Good diet may not have an immediate affect on the. It rent Covid situation, but as this is something the world will have to live with for many many years, maintaining a healthy diet will protect you from the more severe aspects of Covid in future years. Perhaps another reason why Asian countries are fairing better than western. Less obese people and less diabetes? 

Actually, by population count, Thailand is a front runner in the global obesity epidemic. They may not be in the next few yrs though, but that's entirely up to their future economic status, which at this point is very much "up in the air." I'll always predict as the cynic, so if I had to wager a guess, the majority are gonna be slimming up over the next decade. 

2 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Actually, by population count, Thailand is a front runner in the global obesity epidemic. They may not be in the next few yrs though, but that's entirely up to their future economic status, which at this point is very much "up in the air." I'll always predict as the cynic, so if I had to wager a guess, the majority are gonna be slimming up over the next decade. 

Yes I think that’s the case for a number of people in Europe also. There has definitely been a shift in attitude towards being obese since the pandemic. Obviously obesity is only one of many factors which increase your chances of severe Covid, but for many, it’s also the one thing they can do something about. 

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You just don't know what you are talking about Stonker.

Turn off the TV and do a bit of research.

• Like 1

The 17.85 million elderly Thais in the rest of the country will get their first dose by the end of the month.” !!!!!!

that’s on top of the 1.8 million said to be delivered in the next two weeks. This means a total of 19.65 million in the next 25 days! In addition to the question of where that will all come from, it also means vaccinating over 760,000 people per day. I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few days brings. Maybe the plan is to do all 19.65 million in the last day of the month. Yes, that’s what it must be!! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

You just don't know what you are talking about Stonker.

Try as I can, I can’t disagree with the first part of your statement. However, if as you suggest viruses aren’t real and simply as a result of dead cells or whatever your assertion is, then why do these things pass from one person to another? Why does isolation and quarantine work if this is all caused by some internal issue within your own body?

Sorry, but I had to ask….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Try as I can, I can’t disagree with the first part of your statement. However, if as you suggest viruses aren’t real and simply as a result of dead cells or whatever your assertion is, then why do these things pass from one person to another? Why does isolation and quarantine work if this is all caused by some internal issue within your own body?

What things pass between one person and another? Good question.

I've put an explanation on the topic; 'What makes us sick.' Also I've explained that 'Polio' and the 'Spanish Flu' were not caused by a contagion; and say why.

Most people believe that germs and viruses are things to be feared. I don't subscribe to that view. We have billions of germs (there are many different types; that perform differing specific functions), and they are essential to our well-being. The body will jog along quite happily - provided it has the necessary nutrients put into it through quality food and drink - until it is breached by a toxin. Then the maintenance system send in the troops; repair cells, proteins, blood and energy. The repair cells 'battle' the contaminated cells, and the result is debris. Part of this debris is/are called viruses. Viruses aid the body in ridding itself of rubbish. They could be regarded as internal body soaps.

Obviously, with these views, I also disagree about C-19. And it follows that I have very strong views on 'vaccines' (more to read about these on 'What makes us sick'.

Thanks for a great question Soidog.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

or yours.

Ok Snapdragon so a fit healthy person with no underlying health problems who exercises regular, eats  healthy, doesn't smoke, contacts Covid  a few Week's later he is dead from Respiratory failure how does that work ?? Dead Cell's ???

Edited by vlad

38 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Don't be silly Soidog its Transmitted in a Tuk Tuk. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

What things pass between one person and another? Good question.

I've put an explanation on the topic; 'What makes us sick.' Also I've explained that 'Polio' and the 'Spanish Flu' were not caused by a contagion; and say why.

Most people believe that germs and viruses are things to be feared. I don't subscribe to that view. We have billions of germs (there are many different types; that perform differing specific functions), and they are essential to our well-being. The body will jog along quite happily - provided it has the necessary nutrients put into it through quality food and drink - until it is breached by a toxin. Then the maintenance system send in the troops; repair cells, proteins, blood and energy. The repair cells 'battle' the contaminated cells, and the result is debris. Part of this debris is/are called viruses. Viruses aid the body in ridding itself of rubbish. They could be regarded as internal body soaps.

Obviously, with these views, I also disagree about C-19. And it follows that I have very strong views on 'vaccines' (more to read about these on 'What makes us sick'.

Thanks for a great question Soidog.

What a load of Tosh Snapdragon the covid is a virus ie viral once entered the immune system attacks it but covid mutates to mimic white cells and our immune system is made to believe it is not a threat. Before you come out with this waffle google what Covid does to our immune system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vlad said:

What a load of Tosh Snapdragon the covid is a virus ie viral once entered the immune system attacks it but covid mutates to mimic white cells and our immune system is made to believe it is not a threat. Before you come out with this waffle google what Covid does to our immune system.

You are repeating a commonly held view. If that's what you really think then let's discuss. And we can be as 'scientific' as you wish. I am fully aware of what it's said Covid does to the (so called) immune system. The medical authorities, and scientific community have a reason for promoting the 'germ theory'. I do not subscribe to it. In my opinion there are far more plausible reasons for sickness than inert viruses.

As for C-19. I have my views about it. Where it all actually started. And why. In fact I have researched the whole topic for quite some time. I certainly don't use 'Google'.

As for C-19 vaccines ((really not vaccines in the pure (traditional) sense)), it is becoming increasingly obvious that things are not as they should be (see my recent post on Graphene Oxide being found in two different promoted injections).

Edited by snapdragon
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Objectivance said:

As it is with diabetes, @Objectivance, but what do the facts matter to some here?

11 hours ago, snapdragon said:

I'm not the one spending his time on TV / Thai Visa and now trolling here with this unmitigated rubbish.

I'm all for a broad church forum, but this is just nonsense and there's no point in mincing words and pretending otherwise.

Edited by Stonker
Addition
  • Like 1

Does anyone here REALLY believe there won’t be an E, F, G, H, etc “variant” of covid?  It is a virus.  Viruses mutate.  Viruses spread.  Wear a mask if you like, yes a vaccine may help, but there is not now, nor has there ever been a total 100% cure/fix/stop to a virus.  EVER.  It is not going away.  It will continue to unfortunately end the lives of some.  For those of us still alive, how about we start living. 

• Like 1