Thailand low on Covid-19 vaccines, priority given to at-risk groups

Thaiger

Thailand is running low on vaccines, the spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration acknowledged today. With the most severe wave of Covid-19 continuing to rise, and the emergence of the more transmissible Delta variant, health officials are giving priority to those most at risk of a severe infection. The elderly and those with certain underlying health conditions, particularly in Bangkok where the rapid-spreading mutated strain is more prevalent, will be given priority in the vaccination programme, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Information News Division director Pensom Lertsithichai, who reported the daily CCSA briefing in English. […]

The post Thailand low on Covid-19 vaccines, priority given to at-risk groups appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand is running low on vaccines, the spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration acknowledged today

Surely some mistake?
Our leaders have repeatedly told us there is enough to vaccinate the entire country.
Prayut (I'm in charge of absolutely everything) and Anutin (suffers foot-in-mouth disease) have kept repeating the same.

I can see the entire staff of the CCSA being sacked for spreading false rumours and causing our leaders a loss of face.

• Like 1

I wonder when I will get it, I am diabetic... but putting your faith on these clowns and story tellers will cost me my life

The topic states that foreign residents are included in the vaccine programme. A few days ago on Beach Road in Pattaya they were taking registrations for the vaccine. When I approached the desk I was informed 'THAIS ONLY', 'No Foreigners'... make sense of that if you will...

Chris Edmunds 

Not running low, it's been low since the start on June 7th. When I rang the hospital on the 11th they had no vaccines left, told to call again on the 13th. They had a delivery then so I was lucky. Never mind, they have ordered millions way off in the future sometime and will get around to signing the moderna contract in the next few weeks, meanwhile home produced AZ is being exported!

From the BP: “At present, if it [Pfizer vaccine] is administered on the third group, it is tantamount to admitting that Sinovac vaccine offers no protection. This will make it harder to defend it”. - the third group is healthcare workers. The Thai hospitals are requesting a third dose to their workers of from the incoming batch of Pfizer. Seems they are worried about the fact there are hundreds of fully vaccinated healthcare workers with Sinovac who are now serious ill. 

3 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

love to see an official list of those groups published and given a priority

Lists have been published online and by News sites and included :- persons with underlying health conditions ie: asthma; the elderly or over 60's; healthcare workers etc. 

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Lists have been published online and by News sites and included :- persons with underlying health conditions ie: asthma; the elderly or over 60's; healthcare workers etc. 

Second part of the quote should be: who was actually given a priority?