PM in self-isolation after close contact with Covid-19 at “Sandbox” reopening

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

I had to Google “Virtue signalling”! 

I looked it up too.

"If you've seen examples of virtue signaling, chances are that person could be a narcissist, psychopath, or a manipulator, according to a new study. ... Often seen on social media, virtue signaling is when someone shares an opinion – usually social or politically – in order to gain praise and sympathy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

That’s surprising. Virtue signaling is the single greatest rot that has afflicted expat forums over the past decade.

There is an epidemic of narcissism, most prevalent in the millennials but also quite apparent in the boomers.

Yes, and the number one thing that leftists turn to when they can't make a valid point based on common sense and reality 

5 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I looked it up too.

"If you've seen examples of virtue signaling, chances are that person could be a narcissist, psychopath, or a manipulator, according to a new study. ... Often seen on social media, virtue signaling is when someone shares an opinion – usually social or politically – in order to gain praise and sympathy

Actually, it is when someone says that they are a better person or possess a higher intelligence or morality because of their opinions or ideology. 

The left embraces it with verocity. 

Edited by mcambl61

34 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Actually, it is when someone says that they are a better person because of their opinions or ideology. 

The left embraces it with verocity. 

The usual process is to desperately search for some word or sentence that can be mischaracterized as racist, transphobic, colonialist etc. With no concern for the other participants, they will derail any existing discussion and make it all about them.

They will never, ever make an original point. Instead, they reel off prepared rebuttals for almost any common defense you might make of your right to have an opinion or to make a joke. They always argue in bad faith. They do not care about the truth, they do not want to understand where you are coming from. They have no sense of humor. They only care about winning.

They hate everyone, because everyone is a racist, but their deepest wells of rage are reserved for black people, especially black women, who dare to express ideas of their own. Ungrateful Uncle Tom bitches.

In the context of expat forums, their prey will usually be someone making a fairly innocuous observation about life in Thailand. They seize upon the opportunity to denounce this as "Thai-bashing" and do everything they can to provoke an argument that will culminate in them accusing their victim, who they have never met and know nothing about, of being a racist, a Trump / Brexit supporter, and a sex tourist.

If the victim takes the bait and throws an insult back, the virtue signaller will immediately PM their favorite moderator and get the victim suspended.

Despite dominating online discussion, if you come across the virtue signaller in any sort of real world situation, such as a bar, you would barely even notice him, sitting alone in the corner, wishing he could join in with the big boys chat.

Edited by SickBuffalo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SickBuffalo said:

The usual process is to desperately search for some word or sentence that can be mischaracterized as racist, transphobic, colonialist etc. With no concern for the other participants, they will derail any existing discussion and make it all about them.

They will never, ever make an original point. Instead, they reel off prepared rebuttals for almost any common defense you might make of your right to have an opinion or to make a joke. They always argue in bad faith. They do not care about the truth, they do not want to understand where you are coming from. They have no sense of humor. They only care about winning.

They hate everyone, because everyone is a racist, but their deepest wells of rage are reserved for black people, especially black women, who dare to express ideas of their own. Ungrateful Uncle Tom bitches.

In the context of expat forums, their prey will usually be someone making a fairly innocuous observation about life in Thailand. They seize upon the opportunity to denounce this as "Thai-bashing" and do everything they can to provoke an argument that will culminate in them accusing their victim, who they have never met and know nothing about, of being a racist, a Trump / Brexit supporter, and a sex tourist.

If the victim takes the bait and throws an insult back, the virtue signaller will immediately PM their favorite moderator and get the victim suspended.

Despite dominating online discussion, if you come across the virtue signaller in any sort of real world situation, such as a bar, you would barely even notice him, sitting alone in the corner, wishing he could join in with the big boys chat.

Spot on sir. Tvf was full of those leftists, many of them were "moderators" 

Silencing one side while allowing the leftists to rant freely. 

Edited by mcambl61

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Can the Thaiger tell me why some stories only have the tab "create an account" and not "Comment" and others have both?? I want to comment and can't? Why doesn't the "Comment" tab appear on every article, for those who have already created an account?? 

Now I know I'm not alone . . . 

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, Thaiger said:

The prime minister, who is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, tested negative for Covid-19, but will be in self-isolation for 14 days as a precaution, Thai media reports.

A lot of people are praying about him .....

5 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Spot on comments. Perhaps we could have a VS option added to the likes and haha icons ? Can I suggest this icon is used ? (King cotton don’t penalise me as it’s a required sticker to illustrate my point.  ;-) 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, Thaiger said:

The prime minister, who is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, tested negative for Covid-19, but will be in self-isolation for 14 days as a precaution,

Those “tourists” in the Sandbox must be feeling a bit concerned. I know I would be staying away from Starbucks on my “holiday”, just in case another local comes on the island with a positive test. You could just see them having to quarantine for 14 days like the example set here.  Might also miss your flight home.

This ex general P.M, demonstrates why Thailand is suffering economically.

His over cautious attitude, which I must admit has eased in the last few months, has closed down businesses all over Thailand. Constant lockdowns, because he has been informed someone is infected, should have been treated minimally, and the public warned. 

Thailand has to live with the virus. The chances of death from this virus is tiny for normal healthy people. 

This general thinks he might have been in contact with virus danger and cautiously hides away. What good would he have been in a battle when the bullets started to fly? If he had a blister would he take to a wheelchair?

However I am sure Thailand will survive just as well without his inept leadership for awhile.

Army Generals across SEAsia should realised it is 2021 and you can't run your country like a military camp.