Surat Thani province to launch “Samui Plus” re-opening model

Thaiger

From July 15, the islands of Samui, Koh Tao, and Koh Pha Ngan embark on the “Samui Plus Model”, to re-open the Surat Thani tourism destinations to vaccinated tourists. Provincial governor Witchawut Jinto has confirmed that preparations are underway, with over 70% of the islands’ residents vaccinated. The Pattaya News reports that vaccinated foreign tourists will undergo screening similar to that required by the Phuket sandbox model, including the need to prove their vaccination status. Foreign arrivals will be required to remain on Koh Samui for the first 7 days, with the first 3 days seeing them confined to their […]

The post Surat Thani province to launch “Samui Plus” re-opening model appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So the Phuket model wasn’t restrictive enough, Samui felt the need to one up them? Three nights quarantine absurd. Might as well do Phuket instead. 

Does anyone responsible explain why tourists have to follow sealed routes on such small island ? Is this alo compulsory for Thaï visitors ?? 

The quote here was “The scheduled re-opening timeline is also the best season of travel to the Gulf of Thailand, so we have to make sure that everything can proceed according to the plan”

Mid-July is the best season to travel to the Gulf of Thailand? Really? Well I’ll look forward to low season hotel prices during December to March then as this must be the new low season. 

The theoretical Physicists are right then. There really are parallel universes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well......., as of today, all airlines (included TG) I have contacted to book my flight to Koh Samui on the 17/7 are telling me that transit through BKK Airport is ONLY for International connection. A connection to Koh Samui from overseas is a DOMESTIC one and therefore transit at BKK airport is NOT possible.....

Despite all the communication, preparations and announcements, there will not be a single tourist arriving at Koh Samui from abroad if Thai authorities do not allow transit through BKK airport. To my knowledge, there is currently not a single direct international flight to Koh Samui.

would be very happy is someone has different information.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JCGIHK said:

Despite all the communication, preparations and announcements, there will not be a single tourist arriving at Koh Samui from abroad if Thai authorities do not allow transit through BKK airport. To my knowledge, there is currently not a single direct international flight to Koh Samui..

This is nuts. I’m contemplating flying to Guam to take advantage of their vaccination program. (I was turned away from my vaccination appointment in Korat because I am not Thai.) I don’t want the 14 day ASQ in Bangkok. There are no flights from Guam to Phuket. I was hoping for Samui Plus, but if I can’t transit through Suvarnabhumi, that’s out as well. 

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

ell I’ll look forward to low season hotel prices during December to March then as this must be the new low season. 

Thanks to Covid, the new low season is more like January - December. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

NOT ONE FARANG THAT I KNOW HAS HAD A VACCINATION ON THESE ISLANDS

Well, try to resist licking any tourists.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ling said:

All the lo people on Koh Tao, including expats are being vaccinated. 

Honestly, vaccinating entire islands like this isn't a bad idea. Koh Tao has a population of less than 1500 people. You can get everyone safe and covered without it being the massive resource sink of something like Bangkok.