1,324 arrive in Phuket Sandbox, government denies COE delays

Thaiger

The Sandbox is underway with relatively few hitches on the ground in Phuket, though the same might not be true of the approval process before international travellers depart towards Phuket. This weekend saw over 1,300 international travellers arrive to the Phuket Sandbox, and even with complex processes and restrictions, many are just happy to be there. Today welcomes the arrival of 6 international flights with a few hundred more travellers arriving or returning to Thailand. The director of the Phuket Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand announced that her staff will begin to collect daily details on the number […]

The post 1,324 arrive in Phuket Sandbox, government denies COE delays appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It depends a lot on the oversess Embassy or Consulate handling the application. In my case, kudos to the Royal Thai Consulate in Frankfurt. COE application came back pre-approved within 6 hours after filing it. And after uploading flight, hotel, and PCR test details at 10am yesterday (Saturday), the approval of the actual COE with download link arrived the same afternoon (Saturday) at 6pm. Impressive.

We uploaded our passports and flight ticket and got pre approval in 2 days from the LA consulate. We then uploaded our Hotel booking, vaccine records and proof of insurance and got the final COE download email in 6 days. Covid test was not requested as part of the COE process as it must be done 72 hours before the flight. It was however requested at the airport before we could board. Total time to process 8 days.

It would be good if the photos showed everyone not just the same ferang ..  chance of a breakdown on real holiday makers v thai returnees would be good 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

TAT’s deputy governor, and Phuket Airport executives were greeting flights yesterday. Souvenirs cloth face masks were being handed out to people arriving.

Oh boy, TAT must be in their element here!  Real-life tourists arriving from abroad. I wonder how many staff can remember that far back?

Although I'm sure there must be some 'wit' who might equate 'quarantine' to POW camp.

The thought of souvenir face masks. At the risk of my imagination running wild, just what does a 'souvenir face mask' constitute? Perhaps some snazzy marketing phrases:

"I  saw Thailand and survived Covid"

"Thailand: no Covid, no problem"

Even i can see that "I'd die to visit Thailand!" is definitely OTT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got my COE on Wednesday 30 June at around 3pm. My original flight was July 1, but I had sensibility put it back until Tuesday July 6 after the late arrival of The Royal Gazette. My COE took several emails and one physical trip into the Consulate in Sydney. Kudos to all the Embassies that rushed through the COEs, but unfortunately for many of us it was just too late. 

5 minutes ago, DWiener said:

I got my COE on Wednesday 30 June at around 3pm. My original flight was July 1, but I had sensibility put it back until Tuesday July 6 after the late arrival of The Royal Gazette. My COE took several emails and one physical trip into the Consulate in Sydney. Kudos to all the Embassies that rushed through the COEs, but unfortunately for many of us it was just too late. 

Sorry boss for being naive.!

What is COE?

3 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Sorry boss for being naive.!

What is COE?

Certificate Of Entry. A document obtainable from your local Thai Embassy which is essential before you are allowed to travel to Thailand. This was only introduced as a result of the Covid Pandemic and is still in force. 

• Thanks 1

We've been coming to Thailand for long stay every year on visa on arrival. And we use Thailand as a base for travel. Which is not possible in the current situation. So no Thailand for us until things come back to normal. Will get our cert of vaccination and keep to Europe and the US.

8 hours ago, Nipral said:

1324 ?????????????

TAT: "What's the biggest number you can make using the first four whole numbers?"

Minion: "1432."

TAT: "Nobody will believe that. What's the fourth biggest number?"...

Hi fellow travelers,

I applied my COE way ahead in June 20 and it was approved on June 26. It is relatively fast speed for processing. Royal Thai consulate, LA did very good job.

I was boarded on July 1. Unfortunately, my COE was not valid to enter Phunket under Sandbox program although it is approved destination . I tried to fix it online while I was flying.

Consulate did update COE web page and sandbox option on time June 28. However I could not fix neither step #1 my personal data nor step #2 flight/hotel information since my COE was approved earlier before new requirements. I was struggling to upload new documents and almost nervous break down. FYI, approved COE could not be changed/updated departure/transit/ arrival destination, hotel certificates, flight or any data. I think it is guarded for Covid and other security measurements. Once it is approved it is sealed. If you need to change try to email or call regional consulate. They are only authority for COE.

It is really hard for travelers, especially those with tight schedule and inflexible flights.

May I dare suggest COE should have a bit wider time window to board on plane rather than 72-hour only flight cancel/delayed. There is already negative-covid test safety measurement in place to board by Airlines. Wider time window will reduce unnecessary re-applications and less work load for Consulates too. Hotel and flight info upload should be more flexible given, travelers rebook the same flight/SHA+ or ASQ hotel in 72 hours. 

Luckily, Foreign Affairs crew in PHUKET AIRPORT fixed my COE on the spot after I had landed. I could not be happier.

It is just my thought and experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CMDave said:

We uploaded our passports and flight ticket and got pre approval in 2 days from the LA consulate. We then uploaded our Hotel booking, vaccine records and proof of insurance and got the final COE download email in 6 days. Covid test was not requested as part of the COE process as it must be done 72 hours before the flight. It was however requested at the airport before we could board. Total time to process 8 days.

CMDave: Thanks for sharing on this site. I would be using the LA consulate for my planed trip for August. Good for you that you got everything done in time. 

I wanted to wait tel sometime pass mid- August to book my flight. But now my Thai GF is telling me not to come over because it seems the Delta variant has really shot up the infections and the 'roll out' is very slow to counteract this. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Ed said:

CMDave: Thanks for sharing on this site. I would be using the LA consulate for my planed trip for August. Good for you that you got everything done in time. 

I wanted to wait tel sometime pass mid- August to book my flight. But now my Thai GF is telling me not to come over because it seems the Delta variant has really shot up the infections and the 'roll out' is very slow to counteract this. 

Depends whether the media have terrified the s**t out of you into believing that Covid-19 Is some kind of Black Death. If you’re in good health and you’ve been fully vaccinated what exactly are you worrying about? 
I live in Pattaya and have to travel into Bangkok every week for some post-operative care at Bangkok’s biggest government hospital.  It’s a huge place with thousands of people milling around every day and to get there the BTS is often crowded too. I don’t consider covid-19 a huge risk because the vast majority of people who catch it are asymptomatic if they’re in good health. If I’ve caught it I haven’t even known. And, due to Thailand’s slow roll out sadly I haven’t been vaccinated yet. 

Hi, I done my first registration for the COE on the 8 June was approved and I upload the other documents flight , hotel but they wait to long to approve because they a was waiting for the confirmation of the Phuket sandbox reopening . They ask me later to upload new documents like the pre booking of the COVID-19 test, but the was let me upload because the 15 days of submitting frame was expired and I start a new registration and was pre approved on the 29 June and after they ask me to a upload the rest of the documents on the 4 July but I’m still waiting for the COE and I have the flight on the 13 July . Today it’s Thursday and Friday and Saturday the consolate of Thailand in Dubai it’s closed , I hope it will come on Sunday or Monday morning or I’m not able to flight.

On 7/5/2021 at 4:29 AM, Leeshard said:

Depends whether the media have terrified the s**t out of you into believing that Covid-19 Is some kind of Black Death. If you’re in good health and you’ve been fully vaccinated what exactly are you worrying about? 
I live in Pattaya and have to travel into Bangkok every week for some post-operative care at Bangkok’s biggest government hospital.  It’s a huge place with thousands of people milling around every day and to get there the BTS is often crowded too. I don’t consider covid-19 a huge risk because the vast majority of people who catch it are asymptomatic if they’re in good health. If I’ve caught it I haven’t even known. And, due to Thailand’s slow roll out sadly I haven’t been vaccinated yet. 

When will people stop with all this selfishness. Ok, maybe you are lucky and if you catch it you will have mild or no symptoms and survive without so much of a headache. As you say. The vast vast majority do survive without any problems. But what about the other people you are sat next to on the bus or train or shopping mall or restaurant or bar while harbouring this virus in your body and shedding the virus around the place? What about them? What if they go on to die? Don’t you care about your role that you play in other peoples potential death? I take it you also drink drive and don’t worry about killing other people? 

Edited by Soidog
Typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

When will people stop with all this selfishness.

History provides the answer: Never.