Renowned Thai doctor says 70% of new Covid cases are Delta variant

Thaiger

One of Thailand’s top virologists is in the news again this week. This time, Dr Yong Poovorawan is making the news for his assertion that 70% of all new Covid cases in Thailand are of the Delta variant. Earlier this week, Dr Yong Poovorawan faced allegations of mishandling Thailand’s Covid situation. A petition was even started calling for his removal. Yesterday, Dr Yong posted on Facebook to say that the Delta variant was first detected among construction workers and is the 4th variant to appear on the scene. He went on to re-cap the spread of the Alpha variant from […]

The post Renowned Thai doctor says 70% of new Covid cases are Delta variant appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Quote from Article: The doctor warns in his post that people who are infected with the Delta variant often don’t realise where they got it due to the variant’s easy transmissibility. He says the infections will only go up and recommends everyone is diligent in their Covid precautions. For example, he suggests if it is not necessary to go outside, don’t.

So with the main vaccine of Sinovac being given here, and the conflicting reports of how effective it is, there stands a huge chance that all of this jabbing will have to turn to a Moderna or Pfizer jab for protection, and the already jabbed people will have to do it again. Two steps forward and 2 steps backward back at ground zero.

This is all ridiculous fear mongering nonsense. The delta variant is much less lethal than the first variants. It is more transmisable, that's it. Stop the melodramatic emotional fear. We know who is more at risk. We know we have at least two therapeutics that work when taken early. 

Stop this BS. 

14 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

This is all ridiculous fear mongering nonsense. The delta variant is much less lethal than the first variants. It is more transmisable, that's it. Stop the melodramatic emotional fear. We know who is more at risk. We know we have at least two therapeutics that work when taken early. 

Stop this BS. 

The Delta variant is not "much less lethal than the first variants".  "It’s likely the most transmissible variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus identified to date, appears to cause more severe illness than others...a variant of concern that spreads more readily, causes more severe disease, or reduces protection from vaccines or previous infections. Delta checks all three boxes. One study looking at 5.4 million people in Scotland found that infections with delta are more than twice as likely to lead to hospitalizations as infections with the alpha variant.  However, the death rate from delta appears to be comparable to other variants in several countries.?  

It's not fear-mongering nonsense.  You want to dance in the street, hang out with your mates in the pub, go right ahead.  I'm staying at home and masking and distancing if I have to go out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Stop this BS. 

I think the verdict and info is still out, so you cannot say it is less or more lethal at this point and stage, but if there is any indication of how bad it is then take a look at India's numbers. I don't think there are any theatrics as the sky is falling in what is being said, but a mere' be careful as we all don't want to get sick and be one of the unlucky ones whose body just can't take it on properly even with Sinovac or Astrazenca that is given here, and that as a foreigner if you are or have been lucky enough to get a jab of these 2 if that is the brand of what you want. For me I wait for Moderna or Pfizer, and no, I am not scared of CV-19 as I believe I already had it Feb 2020. I have related this to my doctor and he stated it is probably a definite yes from all my symptoms as the many of the symptoms can only relate to Covid 19. No fear mongering, but I would think what you are saying about take it easy and don't listen to the hype or melodramatics are basically the same but in the other way which people would tend to drop their guard more than just stay the same course and keep their guard up or maybe a little more up for protection.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Stop this BS. 

This is what I think about the Indian variant of C-19 and the Delta+ (Indian variant). 

India people have been using Ivermectin and  Hydroxychloroquine for years. At the beginning of the year - advised by the WHO - both were withdrawn from the market place. Ivermectin was the remedy of choice for millions.

Then the jib-jabbing started in earnest. Most of these deaths, in my opinion, are the result of the jabs. The compromised main media then latched on to the numbers, and put their slant onto it. The reason the UK made such a big thing about it, was to impart fear into their Indian population, that had shown very little inclination to have the jab.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1

Dr Yong is allegedly Thailand's top virologist (?!).  But each time he opens his mouth I cannot help wondering how deep you would have to sink to  qualify as a 'bottom virologist' when the top-bar is spouting BS on a daily basis.

But of course he has the full backing of the government that stands behind him as chief medical advisor.  Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul was quick to come to Yong's defence.  “He (Yong) is totally reputable and has the interests of the country at heart. He has no vested interests.” 

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Dr Yong is allegedly Thailand's top virologist (?!).  But each time he opens his mouth I cannot help wondering how deep you would have to sink to  qualify as a 'bottom virologist' when the top-bar is spouting BS on a daily basis.

But of course he has the full backing of the government that stands behind him as chief medical advisor.  Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul was quick to come to Yong's defence.  “He (Yong) is totally reputable and has the interests of the country at heart. He has no vested interests.” 

Does it really matter if he's "top" or "bottom" in this instance?

All he needs, surely, is just access to the data and the ability to work out a percentage?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

We know we have at least two therapeutics that work when taken early. 

Do we?

If so, why have 4 million died, and why are more dying every day?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snapdragon said:

India people have been using Ivermectin and  Hydroxychloroquine for years. At the beginning of the year - advised by the WHO - both were withdrawn from the market place. Ivermectin was the remedy of choice for millions.

Sorry, but this is just factually completely incorrrect.

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine haven't been "withdrawn from the marketplace" but removed from the WHO list of drugs approved for treating Covid-19.  Nothing else.

Very different.

And they haven't been using them to treat Covid-19 "for years" as, rather obviously, it hasn't been around "for years".

Then the jib-jabbing started in earnest. Most of these deaths, in my opinion, are the result of the jabs. 

Seriously?

You're saying that some 400,000 have died in India from having a Covid jab?

Doesn't it strike you as a little odd that the same sort of numbers haven't died elsewhere, with many more dying in countries where they've vaccinated more of their population?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... All he needs, surely, is just access to the data and the ability to work out a percentage?

I would expect a bit more from the Thai government's chief medical adviser than simple arithmetic skills!  NO studies or tests have been done on children in the age-category of +3 years, as they are hardly at risk from covid, and this evil clown Yong is advising to mass-vaccinate all children in Thailand starting latest in september.  For them it would not even be an 'experimental vaccine' but a 'dr Yong thinks/believes/hopes it works' experiment.  The risk/benefit analysis for vaccinating children against covid that still have 60 to 80 Quality Life Years before them is totally different than for the elderly, and nobody knows the longer-term consequences of these experimental jabs.  Under such conditions it is simply CRIMINAL to even consider going that road.

Attached a short (4.5 minute) illuminating video-message by Neil OLIVER from GBNews.UK who speaks out on this matter.  Worth a look > https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1411404586687123458

Dr Yong are you listening?

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but this is just factually completely incorrrect.

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine haven't been "withdrawn from the marketplace" but removed from the WHO list of drugs approved for treating Covid-19.  Nothing else.

Very different.

And they haven't been using them to treat Covid-19 "for years" as, rather obviously, it hasn't been around "for years".

Seriously?

You're saying that some 400,000 have died in India from having a Covid jab?

Doesn't it strike you as a little odd that the same sort of numbers haven't died elsewhere, with many more dying in countries where they've vaccinated more of their population?

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have been used for years in India. I didn't say to treat C-19; they are your words. As far as I'm aware the WHO never did have them on the C-19 list. You are as aware as me what they have been used for. And you are just as probably aware of how effective they are against many ailments.

I'm saying that C-19 has not caused the deaths; if indeed there are any outside of the normal death rate. If there are, then I say they are more likely to be caused by the experimental jabs than anything else.

What we read on the BBC, and other compromised outlets, is not what is actually happening.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:
1 hour ago, Stonker said:

... All he needs, surely, is just access to the data and the ability to work out a percentage?

I would expect a bit more from the Thai government's chief medical adviser than simple arithmetic skills! 

So would I, but I'm suggesting that's all that's required here.

24 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

NO studies or tests have been done on children in the age-category of +3 years, as they are hardly at risk from covid, and this evil clown Yong is advising to mass-vaccinate all children in Thailand starting latest in september.  For them it would not even be an 'experimental vaccine' but a 'dr Yong thinks/believes/hopes it works' experiment.  The risk/benefit analysis for vaccinating children against covid that still have 60 to 80 Quality Life Years before them is totally different than for the elderly, and nobody knows the longer-term consequences of these experimental jabs.  Under such conditions it is simply CRIMINAL to even consider going that road.

Attached a short (4.5 minute) illuminating video-message by Neil OLIVER from GBNews.UK who speaks out on this matter.  Worth a look > https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1411404586687123458

Dr Yong are you listening?

Sorry, I don't want to avoid the subject as you know, but your views (and mine) on child vaccination aren't really on-topic here as there's another thread on this -  and no offence, but if I wanted "illuminating" views I think I'd go for someone who was a bit more respected and a bit better informed than Neil Oliver.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrStretch said:

The Delta variant is not "much less lethal than the first variants".  "It’s likely the most transmissible variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus identified to date, appears to cause more severe illness than others...a variant of concern that spreads more readily, causes more severe disease, or reduces protection from vaccines or previous infections. Delta checks all three boxes. One study looking at 5.4 million people in Scotland found that infections with delta are more than twice as likely to lead to hospitalizations as infections with the alpha variant.  However, the death rate from delta appears to be comparable to other variants in several countries.?  

It's not fear-mongering nonsense.  You want to dance in the street, hang out with your mates in the pub, go right ahead.  I'm staying at home and masking and distancing if I have to go out.

I’m not sure about some of your comments here. I take your overall point of the concern not being nonsense. However, I do think there is some truth that the Delta variant is less lethal. The natural course of virus’s is that they weaken as they mutate. They can become more infectious, but they also become less lethal (Darwinian theory tells us why). I don’t have the details to say if it is or isn’t more lethal, and taking a single country is insufficient evidence one way or the other. Thailand remains largely unvaccinated and with a more infectious strain of Covid now in the population, it would be prudent to take extra care. Staying indoors however is maybe not the best advice. Not going to shopping malls or generally mixing with others while still getting fresh air is surely better? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Invermectin and hydroxychloroquine have been used for years in India. I didn't say to treat C-19; they are your words.

Fair enough, but I thought that was what you were  suggesting since the article is about Covid, nothing else.

Since they have never been "withdrawn from the market" but are still freely available, if that wasn't your point then I don't know what your point about them was, apart from to muddy the waters.

As far as I'm aware the WHO never did have them on the C-19 list.

Both were previously approved for use in clinical trials.

You are as aware as me what they have been used for. And you are just as probably aware of how effective they are against many ailments.

I've no idea what you're aware of, nor are you of me.

I'm saying that C-19 has not caused the deaths; if indeed there are any outside of the normal death rate. If there are, then I say they are more likely to be caused by the experimental jabs than anything else.

What we read on the BBC, and other compromised outlets, is not what is actually happening.

Well, in that case, as you think it's all a con and everything's "compromised" there's not really any room for discussion.

Edited by Stonker
typo
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Fair enough, but I thought that was what you were  suggesting since the article is about Covid, nothing else.

Since they have never been "withdrawn from the market" but are still freely available, if that wasn't your point then I don't know what your point about them was, apart from to muddy the waters.

Both were previously approved for use in clinical trials.

I've what you're aware of, nor are you of me.

Well, in that case, as you think it's all a con and everything's "compromised" there's not really any room for informed discussion.

There are reports from India that both Invermectin and hydroxychloroquine cannot be bought over-the-counter as before. There are also reports that in rural towns and villages, where people are reluctant to be jabbed, they are being threatened with electricity cut offs. Such is the pressure that people are under. It's not only India pf course.

The UK has only this week began a trial on Invermectin. In France hydroxychloroquine was withdrawn, soon after the start of the crisis.

"Well, in that case, as you think it's all a con and everything's "compromised" there's not really any room for informed discussion."

I tend to look at facts. What my research tells me is not what the general public are being informed of.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Thanks 1

It seems there are any number lot of renowned medical experts commenting in the forum here. I suggest they list their various educational degrees and professional qualifications after their comments to lend some credibility to their assertions (rolling on the floor laughing my a-- off).

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

It seems there are any number lot of renowned medical experts commenting in the forum here. I suggest they list their various educational degrees and professional qualifications after their comments to lend some credibility to their assertions (rolling on the floor laughing my a-- off).

"I suggest they list their various educational degrees and professional qualifications after their comments to lend some credibility to their assertions,,,,,,,,,,,,,."

Not a bad idea BG.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have been used for years in India. I didn't say to treat C-19; they are your words. As far as I'm aware the WHO never did have them on the C-19 list.

What's interesting about this is in the first two waves of the disease in the US doctors took a kitchen-sink approach to treatment and hit patients with everything from ivermectin and hydroxycholoquine to survivor plasma and monoclonal antibodies. No treatment worked other than the GMO antibodies so were dropped from the toolbox. While ivermectin may have some use in mild to moderate infections it does not seem to be the case in more severe disease.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesE said:

What's interesting about this is in the first two waves of the disease in the US doctors took a kitchen-sink approach to treatment and hit patients with everything from ivermectin and hydroxycholoquine to survivor plasma and monoclonal antibodies. No treatment worked other than the GMO antibodies so were dropped from the toolbox. While invective may have some use in mild to moderate infections it does not seem to be the case in more severe disease.

I did read carefully the paper in The Lancet about hydroxycholoquine. It was rushed out after President Trump's statement about it. The Don's sent shivers down big Pharma's spine.

The lancet paper had been 'Peer Reviewed' but was later withdrawn, after questions were asked, regarding its authenticity.

Ivermectin is being trialed in the UK at this time.

Dr Tess Lawrie has done extensive research into ivermectin. Very interesting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are reports from India that both Invermectin and hydroxychloroquine cannot be bought over-the-counter as before. There are also reports that in rural towns and villages, where people are reluctant to be jabbed, they are being threatened with electricity cut offs. Such is the pressure that people are under. It's not only India pf course.

There are also reports the moon is made of cheese.

That doesn't mean they're true.

The UK has only this week began a trial on Invermectin. In France hydroxychloroquine was withdrawn, soon after the start of the crisis.

So what?

I just can't understand what point you're  making.

It was and is widely available in India and elsewhere as a broad spectrum antipatasitic drug, and has been and is being trialled in a number of countries with mixed results for Covid-19. 

So what?

Hydroxychloroquine hasn't been "withdrawn" in France, just withdrawn as a treatment for Covid-19, two days after the WHO suspended its use  in trials as a treatment for Covid.

Again, so what?

What point are you making, apart from a lot of smoke and mirrors?

4 hours ago, snapdragon said:

I tend to look at facts.

Yes. Alternate facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I’m not sure about some of your comments here. I take your overall point of the concern not being nonsense. However, I do think there is some truth that the Delta variant is less lethal. The natural course of virus’s is that they weaken as they mutate.

A couple of things. First, The USA (variants Alpha and Beta mostly) left us with a 2% fatality rate. India (predominantly Delta) has only a 1% reported rate. However, anecdotal evidence like bodies popping out of mudbanks in the Ganges seem to indicate a significant excess death rate. I agree that it might be too soon to tell accurately but I think the jury's still out on this one. However, Delta is getting cranked up in the US and seeing how we've screwed the pooch on everything else so far we should have better numbers one way or another in the coming weeks.

Second, there is no Darwinian pressure for SARS-CoV-2 to become less lethal over time. Infections become less lethal only when doing so improves their chances at reproduction. Since COVID presents asymptomatically in most cases and is transmissible before symptoms in all cases there is not an incentive toward becoming less lethal. The original SARS didn't have this property and was contained very easily even though it was much more fatal.

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

There are also reports the moon is made of cheese.

That doesn't mean they're true.

So what?

I just can't understand what point you're  making.

It was and is widely available in India and elsewhere as a broad spectrum antipatasitic drug, and has been and is being trialled in a number of countries with mixed results for Covid-19. 

So what?

Hydroxychloroquine hasn't been "withdrawn" in France, just withdrawn as a treatment for Covid-19, two days after the WHO suspended its use  in trials as a treatment for Covid.

Again, so what?

What point are you making, apart from a lot of smoke and mirrors?

Yes. Alternate facts.

We obviously get our facts and data from different places.

There is no ",,,,smoke and mirrors,,,." If you would like to discuss any topic regarding C-19; I'm more than happy to accommodate you. You asked me about polio; I responded.

Say your truth. Ask your questions. If I can I will answer them.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamesE said:

What's interesting about this is in the first two waves of the disease in the US doctors took a kitchen-sink approach to treatment and hit patients with everything from ivermectin and hydroxycholoquine to survivor plasma and monoclonal antibodies. No treatment worked other than the GMO antibodies so were dropped from the toolbox. While ivermectin may have some use in mild to moderate infections it does not seem to be the case in more severe disease.

I'm completely lost by the point @snapdragon's trying to make with this, @JamesE.

That India's deliberately killing 400,000 of its people by taking away drugs that may be effective ang giving them a deadly vaccine instead?

Although maybe nobody more than normal is dying in India, and it's all a conspiracy by the compromised mass media to deceive everyone for some reason.

Maybe you can tell me what point he's trying to make - and what the hell it all has to do with the topic!

• Like 1