Saturday Covid Update: 6,230 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

6,230 new Covid-19 infections and 41 Covid-deaths were reported today by the Centre of Covid-19 Situation Administration. The number of deaths is a decrease after the counts hit record highs over the past few days. The average number of deaths each day, over the past 5 days, has been 50 people. The number of daily new local transmissions continues to increase. Yesterday, there were 6,087 new cases reported as the week displayed a steady growth in new cases, mostly around the capital and adjacent provinces, and in the Deep South provinces. The Saturday total of new Covid cases is not the […]

The post Saturday Covid Update: 6,230 new cases; provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The government is flagging that the numbers will get worse as though this is not caused by their utterly incompetent responses on every level. So in the next weeks we can all live under a greater threat thanks to Covid Czar and his complete indifference. He flounces around in his silk jackets, travels to Phuket on his private plane to smirk at a few foreigners and scuttles away at the sight of demonstrators. Meanwhile our daily lives are deteriorating from bad to worse and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It is time for the people to cease being passive.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Now that the forked tongue Junta government have made a complete disaster of not getting vaccines in for their own dirty little reasons, if you look at the article and where the spread is happening, they have successfully allowed it to spread to virtually every area and corner here in Thailand now. I counted 73 cities which also encompass the province. There will be little to no controlling this at this point.

• Like 2

Yesterday the recorded new cases were about 5,700... Today's figure is 6230.. That's 12,000 new cases in the last 2 days!

Am I a little bit behind the times here..? but that seems a helluva lot of new infections.. roughly 40,000 over the last week... And the 'powers that be' are still allowing inter-provincial travel on buses etc.. It's gonna get worse before it get's better!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Yesterday the recorded new cases were about 5,700... Today's figure is 6230.. That's 12,000 new cases in the last 2 days!

Am I a little bit behind the times here..? but that seems a helluva lot of new infections.. roughly 40,000 over the last week... And the 'powers that be' are still allowing inter-provincial travel on buses etc.. It's gonna get worse before it get's better!

Correct Tanuki. How can it not get worse? People are still travelling and mixing in Malls and having  parties at peoples houses. Funerals, weddings etc.  A virus won’t simply go away on its own. You either have to starve it of opportunities to jump from host to host (lockdowns, social distancing, masks, hand washing), or you vaccinate people. There is a further alternative, which is allow it to rip through the population and people will naturally create antibodies and essentially do what vaccines do. There is no fourth option I’m afraid and so it’s a matter of choosing which one you want to go with?  If you are young and healthy and hence Covid presents a very small risk of you dying, then you may perhaps vote to let it rip through the country. If you are 65+ or have underlying health issues, then you would maybe vote for lockdowns and restrictions. Most people of course would vote for vaccination. Unfortunately and for many unfathomable reasons, the Thai government has been too slow to get it going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanuki said:

Sometimes facts are a little scary, sometimes facts are worse then fiction, and sometimes without  the power to change those facts you must follow the advice of Alfred E. Neuman (pictured below) before you see the picture here is a brief meaning of Alfred

"Over the decades, Neuman has frequently been referenced in outside media, and his face has often appeared in political cartoons as a shorthand for unquestioning stupidity."

image.png.6c1061b6652191c04789baed8de2f6be.png

Edited by triplebogey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tjampman said:

I does seems the floodgates has burst open, I too am worried we will see a rapid spike now, and we have seen in other places how quickly things can deteriorate.

Was it the health minister that just the other day said they have all the restrictions needed to prevent spread, so seems like they will let it roar for a bit and just cross their fingers it will go away by it self.

In my mind you can do 2 things you can lock down hard until all spread is gone (like thailand did last year) or you can lock down softly and live with a bit of spread (like what have been done in Europe, and thailand in this year) I think the difference is that Europe is/was better equipped to deal with these soft lockdowns both in terms of supporting businesses and workers as well as with dealing with spikes in hospitalizations.

I know there is a lot of clever people here who know exactly what should be done but to me it looks like an incredibly difficult situation.

Here in the USA many states have been taken to court for overstating the covid numbers by as much as 500%! don't believe the numbers! 

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

“Restrictions are tight in the capital with closure orders many venues including bars and gyms.“

Can someone please share the order where gyms were closed again as I have searched and not seen one. Thanks 

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

Looks like the Trolls finally found Thaiger Talk.

shhhhh...if we ignore them, maybe they go away

At the very least, we can try try to prevent them from ruining a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty clear. Thank you Prime Minister for closing the camps and sending people back to the provinces. The result? Well compare yesterday’s Covid-19 new case numbers in the North East provinces to the previous Saturday.

Yesterday 405…..last Saturday  84

And the change in cases in Bangkok? Well, they have increased. 1142 last Saturday and yesterday a whopping 1971. Way to go CCSA and Prime Minister. Really great control of the pandemic….not!