Despite struggles, Phuket tourists are happy to be here

Thaiger

55 minutes ago, Norton said:

Here's my take on the reopening...  Let's hope one doesn't catch the Delta variant and test positive and require the hard quarantine.  Personally, I've caught the original and it was nothing - for me.  Been vaxed as well.  The way I see it, I put enough shit willingly into my body as a wee lad that this vaccination is nothing. 

The bars and clubs aren't open but there is something more to say about Thailand than just the girls and getting fucked up.  I like walking down the street knowing that I'm going for a good swim that's merely happens to be on a beach in the middle of beautiful scenery and not my mate's pool in his backyard and then getting a proper meal that doesn't consist of some chain/ fast food crap restaurant in the middle of a fast food asphalt jungle. 

Unfortunately, some people only go to Thailand for the girls and the 'party' - and that is fine.  Phuket is not open for them, so they should really just butt out of it and go elsewhere for now. Phuket is open for the tourists that like Thailand for the people, food, beaches, culture, and are happy to sit by themselves on a beach - you know - grown up adults.

Yes they screwed up so many things - and things still are screwed up - but they got it open and I for one hope it stays open. Hopefully Phuket (and then Samui etc)  will become isolated outposts where foreign tourists can come to Thailand, and people who want to travel to Thailand for a long period due to business, family or whatever, have another alternative to 14 days in a hotel room in Bangkok.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vlad said:

Not wanting to sound bitter but lets be honest the Arrivals are not tourists looking for a 2-3 week Holiday. They are tour company agents identifying potential holiday destinations mostly high End resorts and 5 star Hotels not your usual tourists looking for a holiday, or there Expats who are returning to there second country. Any bad publicity will not be allowed printed or photographs only what the Thai Governor wants to see. Is it possible for Tim and a film crew to get around filming the clean beaches Tourists milling around, i don't think so the clue was in the opening report local's have not seen any benefit from incoming tourist so far why ? because these tour reps will not be shown the litter on the beaches and trash on the Soi's specially in Patong. Instead The Governor or a TAT spokesman will pump out the old its terrific and we could not be happier with our numbers we forecast. I bet these top execs being shown around, don't get near the locals who are queuing for food bags. 

I'm coming on July 23 from Los Angeles.  I am a full on tourist.  I just want to eat some food, walk around the beach and then enjoy my five star hotel villa with my thai girlfriend.    I'm not about the bar life so right now phuket sounds amazing.  Less drunk people on the streets.

So welcome they are.....

Dont write a review about your hotel.

Dont talk politic.

Dont talk about the royals.

Dont forget to shower 5 times a day(dirty farang).

Pay for everything more than thais.

Just lie on the beach and spend your money.!!