Father commits suicide after daughter dies of Covid

Thaiger

An octogenarian father jumped off his condominium in Bangkok not long after his daughter had died of Covid. He jumped either last night or early this morning. Early this morning, police discovered 84 year old Peng Ki’s body in Bangkok’s Ratchathewi district after he jumped to his death. His daughter’s body, 57 year old Pranee was found in a bed in their house. Police say Pranee died from Covid. Releatives of the deceased said to police that Pranee was unable to get a bed in a hospital. Thailand has been battling bed shortages, with patients dying while they wait for […]

The post Father commits suicide after daughter dies of Covid appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Extremely  sad news and shows the level of impact this is having on some people’s life’s. 

Today I watched a short news report from the BBC talking to a few working age Thai people in the tourist industry in Phuket. What struck me is how much of a positive spin they were putting on things and how much they were taking responsibility for their life’s and looking to make money in others ways. What a stark contrast to what goes on in the U.K. where the first reaction is to hold out your hand for the “free money” from the state. People in Western countries simply don’t know how lucky they are to have the financial support most receive in such drastic times. And they still complain!!

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 2

I feel compassion for those struggling people, so sad. The suicide rate in Thailand is rising apprehensively. I recommend this report from CNA-Insider:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad indeed. I only hope that this suicide is not highlighted because of the Covid connection. There are many people that commit suicide because they have lost their basis of existence as a result of the lockdowns, business closures and subsequent economic destruction. I personally think that the lock downs and other measures will cause more deaths eventually then a full blown outbreak of Covid 19 could have caused. Not only because of suicides, but starvation and violence.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

They have persuaded people to buy new cars, new properties,

big tv etc. all on credit and now times are hard.  Suicide is a 

permanent solution to a temporary problem 

This is terrible. The poor man. I can't imagine how it must be watching helplessly as your daughter dies.

Although I have good health insurance, I'm not under any illusion that somebody is going to help me when I get ill, as evidenced by the current hospital bed situation. It's for this reason that I've taken responsibility for my own health, stared quite some time ago. This involves, first of all, eating healthy, non-inflammatory, natural foods(mostly 555). Secondly, we have a fully-stocked, medical kit at our house, which includes most medicines needed to treat common ailments. We also have some items to treat covid at our house, should anyone get it. It seems to be common now, that hospitals are telling people to stay home, when they've been diagnosed with covid, so we really do need to be prepared for home treatment.

• Thanks 1

Krung Thep Maha Nakorn Arun Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahidol Pop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchawiwet Makhasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

Maybe they need more Angels.  It is hard for a parent to lose a child under any circumstance.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, Donald said:

Sad indeed. I only hope that this suicide is not highlighted because of the Covid connection. There are many people that commit suicide because they have lost their basis of existence as a result of the lockdowns, business closures and subsequent economic destruction. I personally think that the lock downs and other measures will cause more deaths eventually then a full blown outbreak of Covid 19 could have caused. Not only because of suicides, but starvation and violence.

Fully agree. This is a very sad news for sure. But at the same time many Thais commit suicide because of financial pressure caused by such long time of lockdown.

2 hours ago, Awa said:

Fully agree. This is a very sad news for sure. But at the same time many Thais commit suicide because of financial pressure caused by such long time of lockdown.

Sad indeed.

But, don’t forget that many Thais were up to their necks in debt before  Coronavirus.