Phuket Sandbox trickle: Friday’s arriving international flights

Thaiger

The Phuket Sandbox scheme is off the ground and the desperately needed foreign travellers have begun to trickle back onto the Thai island. The earlier predictions of 1,500 people on the first day were met with just over 20% of that amount actually arriving on the first 4 flights to land internationally in Phuket. But slow and steady wins the race and, over the next few days, a handful of arriving flights will be bringing more and more passengers to the tourist-starved island. Flights from abroad are scheduled to begin arriving now to Phuket, with the first being an Emirates […]

The post Phuket Sandbox trickle: Friday’s arriving international flights appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hiya. I was originally scheduled to fly July 1 but for various personal reasons AND because of the protracted COE process I put it back to Tuesday July 6. Got my COE about 2pm June 30. I'm flying in from Australia on Singapore Airlines. Had a little scare when someone I was in the office with last week tested positive for Covid (Sydney is now in lockdown because of an outbreak of the Indian Variant) but it turns out they weren't infected last week. Phew! If there are no further Covid dramas I'll see you early next week!

• Like 1

Hi @DWiener,

Did you see my response to your post re the STV on which you will be entering Thailand?  Since you will be entering Thailand AFTER 2 July (which is today) you will NOT be able to extend that STV anymore, which might impact your stay/travel plans.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1608-hi-from-sydney/?do=findComment&comment=5282

Seen lots of photos of arrivals.  All men!  Enough said.

I predict Thailand will shortly be added the “red” list of most counties, preventing travel or having harsh return requirements, given increasing Covid cases and few people vaccinated, and authorities in denial.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Seen lots of photos of arrivals.  All men!  Enough said.

I predict Thailand will shortly be added the “red” list of most counties, preventing travel or having harsh return requirements, given increasing Covid cases and few people vaccinated, and authorities in denial.

Short, but not very sweet, but so very much on-point, regarding the current Phuket/Covid/govt denial scenario. What an excellent debut post and thanks for that!

Hello, Oracle and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

2 hours ago, DWiener said:

Hiya. I was originally scheduled to fly July 1 but for various personal reasons AND because of the protracted COE process I put it back to Tuesday July 6. Got my COE about 2pm June 30. I'm flying in from Australia on Singapore Airlines. Had a little scare when someone I was in the office with last week tested positive for Covid (Sydney is now in lockdown because of an outbreak of the Indian Variant) but it turns out they weren't infected last week. Phew! If there are no further Covid dramas I'll see you early next week!

Check out the newly announced quarantine arrangemnents today. I doubt you will be going anywhere and when you retyurn you will be staying in Darwin for a while.