Construction workers blamed for Covid outbreaks

Thaiger

Health officials are pointing fingers at Thai workers who left their Bangkok/nearby dormitories for the Covid outbreaks throughout the nation. Thai media says “many” construction workers left their home provinces prior to Monday’s new lockdown. Health officials say many of the new Covid infections seen in over 30 provinces are connected to people coming from Bangkok (and close by provinces). The CCSA also says that many of the Covid spreaders throughout the country are “believed” to be construction workers. High up government officials say the number of “Thai workers” is marginal because the government said the Thai workers who remained […]

The post Construction workers blamed for Covid outbreaks appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Time to stop to call it an "outbreak" or "cluster", it's a pandemic, recognize it and treat it as one, it's everywhere now

• Like 1

Instead of blaming the weakest of all, the government should focus their "power" on purchasing AND distribution of the vaccine. Indeed is AZ and Sinovac provided for free (after a countless obstacle course,) but Moderna costs over 3000 THB (at only 7 USD  production costs). The Kingdom of Thailand has more than enough funding to serve their own citizen with the best vaccine for free.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SirPixAlot said:

Instead of blaming the weakest of all, the government should focus their "power" on purchasing AND distribution of the vaccine. Indeed is AZ and Sinovac provided for free (after a countless obstacle course,) but Moderna costs over 3000 THB (at only 7 USD  production costs). The Kingdom of Thailand has more than enough funding to serve their own citizen with the best vaccine for free.

i think it's fair to let rich to cut in the line for special imported stuff (don't they always love it), i just don't think that Moderna is coming this year, wish i was wrong. BTW, Sinovac is one of the most expensive vaccines on the market, $32 if i am not mistaken, that before Moderna was approved, which cost not the same. AZ is $2-6 depending on where it's produced. Be aware of the case now when Indian AZ is not recognized by EU, i have feeling Siam Bio will follow the same path

29 minutes ago, Graham said:

High up government said it themselves "thai workers who remained would be paid 50 % of salary"

Yes, some deal, eh? And now the govt is wondering 'How could this have happened? . . . those irresponsible workers!'

Hello, Graham and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Health officials are pointing fingers at Thai workers who left their Bangkok/nearby dormitories for the Covid outbreaks throughout the nation. Thai media says “many” construction workers left their home provinces prior to Monday’s new lockdown.

This seems to be a typo or a contradiction.

Maybe it should say "Thai media says “many” construction workers left for their home provinces prior to Monday’s new lockdown."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

i think it's fair to let rich to cut in the line for special imported stuff ...

Fair for who?

Most Western countries don't allow it, not that that necessarily means anything.

Another great way to prevent the spread of Covid, Warn all Construction workers prior to locking them down to prevent them infecting other's. Did the big Cheese think they would stay ? This simple act will spread it to ALL over Thailand once thev'e done a runner back to there provinces and taking there infection with them to pass on as i doubt most of them will have been tested let alone be vaccinated.

58 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Fair for who?

Most Western countries don't allow it, not that that necessarily means anything.

Fair for those who have no access to other channels, but willing to pay for saving their life and privileges of movement 

5 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

i think it's fair to let rich to cut in the line for special imported stuff (don't they always love it), i just don't think that Moderna is coming this year, wish i was wrong. BTW, Sinovac is one of the most expensive vaccines on the market, $32 if i am not mistaken, that before Moderna was approved, which cost not the same. AZ is $2-6 depending on where it's produced. Be aware of the case now when Indian AZ is not recognized by EU, i have feeling Siam Bio will follow the same path

The developers of Oxford AstraZeneca (UK) are satisfied that the vaccine they produce has more than sufficient efficacy against the Indian/Delta variant after tweeking the formula. What the EU choose to recognize is up to them, (that's more a political decision). Siam Bioscience should be manufacturing the same as the UK and Sweden.

• Like 1