Friday Covid Update: Another record high, 61 deaths and 6,087 new cases

Thaiger

Another record high in Covid-related deaths and an uptick in new coronavirus cases were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The CCSA recorded 61 more deaths involving Covid-19 patients, the highest daily death count in Thailand since the start of the pandemic last year. 6,087 new Covid-19 cases were also reported, an uptick in cases over the past week and one of the highest daily counts since the start of the pandemic. The highest daily count of new cases hit 9,635 in mid-May after an outbreak at Thai prisons infecting thousands of inmates. Thailand’s current and most […]

The post Friday Covid Update: Another record high, 61 deaths and 6,087 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unfortunately it looks like that 4th wave is going to happen - so sad that this incompetent useless Govt mad that decision to allow Songkran travel. And now they give Thai people notice that they are going to be locked down, so they of course go back to their villages/homes - and many take the covid with them.

In Aust today the Feds and State leaders are talking about shutting the country down from overseas arrivals until the vaccination program has been satisfactorily completed (at least 80%).  All recent outbreaks have come from people returning and bringing the virus with them, and then it 'leaking' out of quarantine facilities into the wider community.  As one leader has said:  "better to lock out those who are not in the country, than lock down everyone in it."  I tend to agree with that approach - give all people overseas a few weeks notice and then close the doors - and put those that come back in 'severe' quarantine for a month.  Australia could become like USA and UK if the virus takes hold in the community and starts to spread beyond the number that they are able to manage and control (as they are now). 

Thailand unfortunately has already passed that number - now it is damage limitation stage - they cannot control or stop it now - people can slip in and out of the country so easily in Thailand and it is no coincidence that illegal workers from Myanmar and Cambodia and Laos are the reason for Bangkok, and illegal workers/family from Malaysia are the reason for down south.  So sad.

News from Australia NT outbreak, lockdown was lift up at 1 pm today, peoples are free to move however mask is required for the next 7 days. Hard processes were put in place to block this virus, lockdown, high testing rate, quarantine for direct contact and so on ..... if the next few days are quiet we will say we win.

So it s not rocket science ,to stop the flow the valve must be closed. with 6000 + cases today and without strict restrictive conditions, i really do not see how they are going to stop the spread. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pascal said:

News from Australia NT outbreak, lockdown was lift up at 1 pm today, peoples are free to move however mask is required for the next 7 days. Hard processes were put in place to block this virus, lockdown, high testing rate, quarantine for direct contact and so on ..... if the next few days are quiet we will say we win.

So it s not rocket science ,to stop the flow the valve must be closed. with 6000 + cases today and without strict restrictive conditions, i really do not see how they are going to stop the spread. 

I don't think you need a crystal ball to see that the new cases are going to increase day by day until considerable restrictions are implemented. It may mean short term pain but gives the opportunity for long term gain. It would be more manageable if more people had been vaccinated and reduce pressure on hospital beds but at the present time it's as good as a free for all. Time for PM Prayut to re-evaluate his strategy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pascal said:

Don’t worry Pascal, they have a magic drug available in Thailand. It’s called Propaganda. That will keep the numbers under control. For it to be effective you need at least two doses on a daily basis. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

take a look at this post from Bangkok Post AZ shortfall raises doubts about jab targets (bangkokpost.com)

Amazing Thailand 

Yep - they are making doses of AZ in Thailand for SEAsia and they have to send many overseas (under agreements). Chances of seeing details of the agreements - None. And two chances of that being publically criticised - Snowflake in Hell and None. 

Gotta love the Chinese - they made their own vaccine and then manufactured it mainly for their own people first.  Last I saw they have vaccinated almost half of the 2 billion vaccinations done so far done worldwide. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - they are making doses of AZ in Thailand for SEAsia and they have to send many overseas (under agreements). Chances of seeing details of the agreements - None. And two chances of that being publically criticised - Snowflake in Hell and None. 

Gotta love the Chinese - they made their own vaccine and then manufactured it mainly for their own people first.  Last I saw they have vaccinated almost half of the 2 billion vaccinations done so far done worldwide. 

Yes the Chinese having caused this pandemic have now not only done well with local vaccinations, but they have also won the political game of providing many of the worlds vaccinations to other countries. I guess it is the least they could do mind you! 

• Angry 1

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes the Chinese having caused this pandemic have now not only done well with local vaccinations, but they have also won the political game of providing many of the worlds vaccinations to other countries. I guess it is the least they could do mind you! 

I hear you mate. At some point the issue of discussing where most of the influenza type pandemics including Covid19 come from - China. Politically Incorrect to do so I know, but at the very least the World should demand actions be taken to try and prevent further such outbreaks that have killed millions. I read an epidemiology study based on viral genomes studies that concluded that the Spanish Flu was in fact from China - it was just first medically diagnosed in Spain. That study also pointed out that most of the pandemics that have killed humans in the past came from China - Hong Kong Flu etc.  I did that last year when researching about Covid and Bat based viruses - and guess what - they have all been renamed. Now if you look up the pandemics of 1918, 1957, 1968, 2009, etc etc etc - they have all been renamed - to take away their linkage to China? They no longer talk about the genome structures being identical to past strains originated in China, but they now talk about where they were first reported.  The very first pandemic found that killed a large percentage of the population (3000BC) was in China.  But rather than blame and demand repatriation, my issue is in regards to the social and environmental factors that cause this to occur so often in China, and what Chian is doing to redress that obvious problem.  China officially accepts it originated in wet market in Wuhan, over a thousand kilometres away from where the originating bat type lives I believe, so lets start with that - regulate, monitor and control all wet markets in China. Other things like repatriations are another issue altogether.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you mate. At some point the issue of discussing where most of the influenza type pandemics including Covid19 come from - China. Politically Incorrect to do so I know, but at the very least the World should demand actions be taken to try and prevent further such outbreaks that have killed millions. I read an epidemiology study based on viral genomes studies that concluded that the Spanish Flu was in fact from China - it was just first medically diagnosed in Spain. That study also pointed out that most of the pandemics that have killed humans in the past came from China - Hong Kong Flu etc.  I did that last year when researching about Covid and Bat based viruses - and guess what - they have all been renamed. Now if you look up the pandemics of 1918, 1957, 1968, 2009, etc etc etc - they have all been renamed - to take away their linkage to China? They no longer talk about the genome structures being identical to past strains originated in China, but they now talk about where they were first reported.  The very first pandemic found that killed a large percentage of the population (3000BC) was in China.  But rather than blame and demand repatriation, my issue is in regards to the social and environmental factors that cause this to occur so often in China, and what Chian is doing to redress that obvious problem.  China officially accepts it originated in wet market in Wuhan, over a thousand kilometres away from where the originating bat type lives I believe, so lets start with that - regulate, monitor and control all wet markets in China. Other things like repatriations are another issue altogether.  

The first diagnosed cases of the 'Spanish Flu' (H1N1)  was in Kansas, USA.

14 hours ago, AussieBob said:

You're wrong about the second part. The Chinese had started making vaccines since December-January and they had been exporting 90% of them till about mid April. Local hesitancy about their vaccines also played a role. Recurring localized outbreaks in China made the authorities "demand" that the population start getting vaccinated. Plus the chart about the US and Europe having 25% of their populations vaccinated in April did not bode well with the CCP. In China it's all about the "chart", hence "110,000 infections".

• Like 1

It is easy to understand why leaders in both Australia and Thailand are struggling with containing Covid-19, opening borders and running effective vaccine programs. Their past work experiences don't lead to a great avenue of success.

In Australia's case we are led by a Marketing person. Marketing is about telling a story however the marketing management often are missing when the Operations people have to back up the marketing dreams that are created. Unfortunately I have seen it too often the marketing department making bold statements with no sense of reality of what can actually be delivered.

In Thailand, we have an ex-military man as a Leader. Military leaders are used to issuing orders and what they order happens. Real society life is not like that and often military leaders struggle with understanding why their orders simply don't happen.

In both cases they need to delegate the tasks and only speak to achievable facts without embellishment if they wish to achieve success. However, both types of past work experience lead to a high level of ego and we see that in them too often as well! Unfortunately, I fear that their "muscle memory" of past experiences is to well engrained for them to easily change, no matter how much they would like to, and adapt accordingly as Leaders in their new roles. (i.e hard to train new tricks to an old dog)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimothyN said:

The first diagnosed cases of the 'Spanish Flu' (H1N1)  was in Kansas, USA.

Yep - and as follows:  In 1993, Claude Hannoun, the leading expert on the Spanish flu at the Pasteur Institute, asserted the precursor virus was likely to have come from China and then mutated in the United States near Boston and from there spread to Brest, France, Europe's battlefields, the rest of Europe, and the rest of the world, with Allied soldiers and sailors as the main disseminators.  

3 hours ago, Leo said:

You're wrong about the second part. The Chinese had started making vaccines since December-January and they had been exporting 90% of them till about mid April. Local hesitancy about their vaccines also played a role. Recurring localized outbreaks in China made the authorities "demand" that the population start getting vaccinated. Plus the chart about the US and Europe having 25% of their populations vaccinated in April did not bode well with the CCP. In China it's all about the "chart", hence "110,000 infections".

Perhaps you are right - but China guards its activities extremely well.  Exporting 90% is unlikely.

According to todays stats there have been 3.1billion vaccinated, and 1.2billion are in China. Next largests are India at 334 million and USA at 328million.  

34 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

It is easy to understand why leaders in both Australia and Thailand are struggling with containing Covid-19, opening borders and running effective vaccine programs. Their past work experiences don't lead to a great avenue of success.

In Australia's case we are led by a Marketing person. Marketing is about telling a story however the marketing management often are missing when the Operations people have to back up the marketing dreams that are created. Unfortunately I have seen it too often the marketing department making bold statements with no sense of reality of what can actually be delivered.

In Thailand, we have an ex-military man as a Leader. Military leaders are used to issuing orders and what they order happens. Real society life is not like that and often military leaders struggle with understanding why their orders simply don't happen.

In both cases they need to delegate the tasks and only speak to achievable facts without embellishment if they wish to achieve success. However, both types of past work experience lead to a high level of ego and we see that in them too often as well! Unfortunately, I fear that their "muscle memory" of past experiences is to well engrained for them to easily change, no matter how much they would like to, and adapt accordingly as Leaders in their new roles. (i.e hard to train new tricks to an old dog)

You are right - Military leaders usually have very little success when leading 'real' people.  They suffer from 'Picard's Syndrome'.  They think that saying  "make it so"  will just make it happen. 

20 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Perhaps you are right - but China guards its activities extremely well.  Exporting 90% is unlikely.

According to todays stats there have been 3.1billion vaccinated, and 1.2billion are in China. Next largests are India at 334 million and USA at 328million.  

I was specific, I said till mid April. The vaccinations in China really started in April.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much in most countires worldwide the vaccinations only seriously started in March this year. Did some research and up to June China has donated about 80million doses and has exported another 300 million doses - that is much more than I had thought. Plus they have taken orders to supply over 800 million doeses - they have done a lot more than UK/USA.  Plus they are now vaccinating up to about 20 million a day in China - unbelievable.  Thailand Junta should 'outsource' the whole thing to China - like they have so many other things.